10k to 20k in 1 month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
EURUSD and US Dollar Index obviously have a strong relationship when looking for divergence/confluence...

Here are my expectations/forecast and i`ll trade them accordingly... I`ll refine my entries on a lower TF... I have to be quick to change my bias though as sometimes it can be reversed the other way round!

Gold is most definitely dropping off....

Attachments

• US Dollar Index.png
    US Dollar Index.png
    129 KB · Views: 216
  • EURUSD.png
    EURUSD.png
    171.8 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
14273.3 exit

+22.7 = £227.00 (EURUSD)
+9.5 (+19@£5pp) = £95.00 (GOLD)

+32.2 for the day. Target = +50

+17.8 remaining.

Total: £322.00 Today

Total Balance: £11,819.00 (18.19% Growth on initial deposit)

Since Wednesday 10th August 2011:

Wins: 10

Scratch (b/e): 3

Losses: 2

84.62% Success Rate.

Last edited:
Im off to walk the dog. Ill be back on for US open. Only 17.8 points left for the day to hit my target.

Charts uploaded above before it happened^ and I took action on it with an expectation on where price was going for a target....

nice trade, im also watching eur/usd looking for a bit more of a sustained move but good catch dom.

Update on EUR, US Dollar Index and Gold.

If US Dollar Index goes straight up from here then obviously EUR wont have any bulls in there to squeeze it higher... it`ll just drop/opposite.

Gold is very bearish!

(its quite important that FTSE pushes higher as it creates a bias for the direction of GOLD....)

Attachments

• US Dollar Index.png
    US Dollar Index.png
    118.1 KB · Views: 473
  • EURUSD.png
    EURUSD.png
    172.5 KB · Views: 170
  • GOLD - 5M (update).png
    GOLD - 5M (update).png
    136.6 KB · Views: 175
  • FTSE h1.png
    FTSE h1.png
    119.8 KB · Views: 168
I called it wrong on US Dollar and Euro... it was literally the reverse of what i drew on paint

74.29 on US Dollar Index is target.
1.4360 ish or R2 on Euro.

Targets are a little rusty, so i`ve hazard a guess there.

Last edited:
If you look at post #422 with the chart of US Dollar Index you can see its the break down instead of northbound which is what i thought! So its simply a bias change and thats why i find its crucial to be flexible and ready to change...

I`m expecting FTSE to push higher and Gold to sell off around here... Or at least thats what im wanting :)

EURO and US Dollar Index really went for it!

I`d expect US Dollar Index to go as low as 73.78!

Attachments

• US Dollar Index.png
    US Dollar Index.png
    125 KB · Views: 109
Im looking for a short position on Gold.... Around 1744.5 area... I`ll call if i enter it!

I`m expecting FTSE to push higher and Gold to sell off around here... Or at least thats what im wanting :)

that should be interesting, Im out of gold position but dont realy want to short at the moment the FTSE on the other hand Im looking to short hard but my entry hasnt been hit as yet looking at tomorrow am, the DOW has not given long entry as yet but still has time

that should be interesting, Im out of gold position but dont realy want to short at the moment the FTSE on the other hand Im looking to short hard but my entry hasnt been hit as yet looking at tomorrow am, the DOW has not given long entry as yet but still has time

Yup definately... I`ve found there is no right or wrong in trading styles... people can see shorts and i can see longs... Afterall its possible to make money in the down markets as a bull... just A LOT harder (i.e. buying tiny pullbacks if you can forecast them! ;))

Its difficult as im trying to do the best i can on this forum by uploading charts on pre-empting market movement and my intentions of when the price moves to where i predicted with a target and a stop loss... when in reality my bias can change very quickly as you may have noticed from my very first posts on EURUSD... So im trying to be as accurate as possible! :)

Good to hear your thoughts on FTSE though!

Out of interest where is it you can see this short position within the FTSE? You`ve said your looking to short it hard? Im intrigued?

I assume your seeing this right....? This is highly likely indeed! Keep in mind I typically aim for just 25-30 points on FTSE (on rare occasion i`ll let them run) so keep in mind you may well be right on slightly longer term positions... i use 1 and 5 minute TF.)

With that said on Gold this will most likely mean that the H&S on the H1 chart may not complete because of how the FTSE plays out (along with DOW and DAX)

Attachments

• FTSE h1 (alternative forecast).png
    FTSE h1 (alternative forecast).png
    121.9 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
1746.7 short @ £3pp - 30 point stop loss!

Risk: 0.76% (of acc.)

Reward: 3.0% (of acc.)

Last trade of the day! Moving to break even after +15

We`ll see :)

b/e stop now

Target 1: 1740.9 (Would mean i`ve hit daily target of: £500)

Target 2: 1734.6 (If i choose to let it run...)

Status
Not open for further replies.