The Market Matrix

This is a discussion on The Market Matrix within the Trading Systems forums, part of the Methods category; Save your money, the cd's are worthless, the private board are full of noobs trying to guess the turning points ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 6, 2010, 5:33pm   #529
Joined Jul 2009
Re: The Market Matrix

Save your money, the cd's are worthless, the private board are full of noobs trying to guess the turning points and constantly failing, when Copan did bother to turn up, he was wrong too, LOL.
Truth Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2010, 9:21am   #530
Joined Jun 2008

I've spent a fair amount of time looking at the Market Matrix system recently and it looks impressive in theory.
However there are a number of inconsistancies in the videos and the book that I've found.
The biggest one for me is chart 17 in the book, page 34. This shows a series of MC2 points.
One of Steve Copans rules is that within the bigger timeframe, you can never have more
than 3 delta highs in a row unless one of them is an inversion point.
This chart appears to break that rule by having MC2 points 1,3,5 & 7 as 4 highs in a row which
get consecutively higher - none of which is an inversion.
Have I missed an exception to this rule or has the rule been broken here ?

Appreciate any insights into this.

DeeGee
DeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2010, 9:57pm   #531

2 Posts
Joined Mar 2010

DeeGee I haven't traded w/ the market matrix yet but am still studying it to see if its of any use. hehe still going through this thread to see what other people think of it.

Regarding your question, Chart 17 does follow the rules. If you keep reading on in the book, you'll see how such a case is handled. What happens here is 12 is a MC3 low. Then, either 3 is going to be another MC3 high, 4 and MC3 low and 7 an MC3 high OR 5 is going to be an MC3 high, 6 and MC3 low, 7 an MC3 high. So when they say "3 matrix points in a row" they don't mean "the fourth matrix point in the other direction will go lower / higher than the second matrix point". All they mean is If you have three matrix points in a low with none of the points in a series being an inversion, then the third point MUST be a point in the higher timeframe.

Hope that clears things up?

Although I agree with you on the inconsistencies. I haven't found many but did find one. One of the slides in the video (don't remember which one) had 5 matrix points in a cycle which is not allowed ... kinda annoyed me seeing that

Last edited by fork4k; Mar 3, 2010 at 10:06pm.
fork4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2010, 10:05pm   #532

2 Posts
Joined Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalldog2 View Post
Steve Copin, was selling the original CD the market matrix at 1200 pounds a pop, I bought it together with a friend and tried to impliment it for a year only to lose, lose, lose. Forget it, now 2 years wiser I see this is not worth the paper its printed on.
Yes sometimes it appears to work, and you think wow thats amazing, but then the market will stroll through a turn like butter, no turn it did not work.
The market Matrix tries to then turn the static delta cycles into dynamic ones using calender days and traded day projections of fib numbers ie 3.5.8 etc, well in Copen's examples they work fine, but so they should he recorded the CD after the turns were made, how hard is that to do?

Now as he was pushing a duff product before with the market matrix, do you think he is suddenly got a change of heart and decided to tell the real story
NO, he decided that there are more than enough mugs out their to sell a 600 pound book to with the promise of riches (for guess who?). Picking turns at random with good stops and 300-500 pip targets will make you money, counting 5 waves then going short long whatever will make you money, see trading is not hard, but controlling your risk is, sticking in for a profit when the market goes against you is hard, most turns are three days minimum (see Gann pull back) so sticking in for big targets and closing for small loses is what makes money trading.
By far and away the best is Robert Minors Dynamic Trading, get that and the CD course and follow it, you will make money with that for sure.

Smalldog
Nice post Smalldog.

Yeah I'm using Miner's DT approach as well ... it is quite good ... reliable, consistent and makes sense.

And I sorta agree w/ u on the matrix stuff to. Haven't traded with it ... but started paper trading (lol using the "training mode" in DT as it so happens :P) a few weeks ago to see how the deal is. I do find the turning points occur; but two problems:
1) Sometimes they're so miniscule a turning, it feels like im forcing a pivot point there just cuz "its due"
2) With retrospect, its easy to see the matrix points ... however, as the bars develop, unless I use an indicator w/ OB & OS points (which I haven't tried but I suspect will make things easier) its hard predicting the points.

But still going to try paper trading and see how it goes.
fork4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 6:19pm   #533
Joined Jun 2008

Thanks for your reply fork4k.

You are of course absolutely right. The 3 highs in a row rule only applies if they are contained within the bigger time frame.

Today I've been looking at volume 2 part 2 of the video again.
This is the bit about fib extensions and how to look for a fib ratio to pinpoint the price when the target date is approaching.
In the last 4 minutes of part 2, he shows us an example of how the price approaches the target date and hits a 0.618 fib "right on the nose". What he appears to neglect to tell us is that the plotted MC points are "actual" points and not "theoretical".
His 0.618 fib is actually first hit a week earlier and from what I've seen of the accuracy of his projected MC points this could have been the "real" point. You just wouldn't know at the time.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that it looks ok for swing trading with wide stops, but his claim to have hit it "on the nose" is stretching it a little bit.

It would be good to bring this thread to life and bounce ideas around.
This is my current view of the S&P
http://yfrog.com/3musspx500daily04mar10p

DeeGee
DeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2010, 11:28pm   #534

2 Posts
Joined Feb 2010

I have learned absolutely nothing from reading this thread. the question is:

Has anybody any experience with THE MARKET MATRIX created by Steve Copan,?...

Any replies?
Cleogold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2010, 9:57am   #535

Joined Dec 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Seeker View Post
Save your money, the cd's are worthless, the private board are full of noobs trying to guess the turning points and constantly failing, when Copan did bother to turn up, he was wrong too, LOL.
LOL

CD #3 isnt worthless though....Matrix CD #3 has the valuable fibonacci and trading day information which makes Delta the most formidable cycle system Ive seen, better than Hurst, better than the Spiral Calendar.

eBay has all 3 CD's selling for $72.75...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Market-Matrix-3-...item3cae1789e5
Buy The Dips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2010, 10:10am   #536

Joined Dec 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleogold View Post
I have learned absolutely nothing from reading this thread. the question is:

Has anybody any experience with THE MARKET MATRIX created by Steve Copan,?...

Any replies?
Matrix Delta uses fibonacci confluences to pin point the turns. If you want to calculate turn dates its a good system.

My read of Matrix now is we are heading higher into point #3 ITD high due June 24, 2010.
Attached Thumbnails
copanmatrix.png  
Buy The Dips is offline   Reply With Quote