£50/pip eur/usd 5k account.

This is a discussion on £50/pip eur/usd 5k account. within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by brettus Anyone trading FX with TA will get killed eventually using this leverage. I just hope you ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:26pm   #41

Joined Jan 2007
Re: £50/pip eur/usd 5k account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettus View Post
Anyone trading FX with TA will get killed eventually using this leverage. I just hope you win a few times first. It's like betting on red on roulette and doubling up your bet if you lose, eventually black will come out 10 times in a row and take everything. I know guys who can make money this way, but not using TA, only knowing massive bank orders, as well as being able to move the market themselves. Eventually they take a hit though.
This is the point, EURUSD will move a hunderd pips in one go some point during the next year, pretty much certainly.

Front running a fixing or whatever is a rather different "skill".

But, good luck to OP. Could make some serious dosh if he's lucky!
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

No nuisance spread betters please. Anyone else welcome.
arabianights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:35pm   #42
Joined Apr 2010

kimo'sabby started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo'sabby View Post
Third trade. Sell 2370 50:50.

Thanks for the sympathy guys. What i will do with the third trade is put a sell order at 2420 50:50 so if it gets stopped out the fifth trade will kick in.
kimo'sabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:56pm   #43
Joined Apr 2010

kimo'sabby started this thread I need some serious luck here, i'm averaged in at 2410 100 quid a pip and down 2.5k for the day.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:57pm   #44

Joined Jan 2007

double up!
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:58pm   #45

Joined Nov 2003

what caused the parabolic up move in cable? Was it the unemployment numbers?
redart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2010, 3:20pm   #46
Joined Apr 2010

kimo'sabby started this thread Last ditch attempt at salvaging the journal. 2420 stop moved to 2495, target 2220. It's got to be worth a shot! All in!
Thanks! The following members like this post: Waterfield
Old Jul 1, 2010, 3:36pm   #47

Joined Jun 2009

The dollars getting battered, jobs numbers, housing slump. Hence a short term lift I guess . Greenspan was on earlier, and he came across like he was scratchin his head saying G search me if I know whats gonna happen. That was after the panel introduced him as some sort of wizard of the economy !!!

You could see their worry as even Greenspan didn't come across as too hopeful looking ahead. Guess he's short then eh ?

spinola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2010, 3:42pm   #48

Joined Nov 2008

eur/usd on some run mate you ok?
pocrel is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2010, 3:49pm   #49

Joined Jan 2007

If it doesn't make a new high in the next hour he'll be fine, is my intuition.

Old Jul 1, 2010, 3:51pm   #50

Joined Jan 2007

In fact just sold some myself with a stop just above the high on that view, share the pain or the gain

Thanks! The following members like this post: Waterfield