£50/pip eur/usd 5k account.

This is a discussion on £50/pip eur/usd 5k account. within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Think he will be ok yet, this little ease back to 2440, look for a perhaps a retest hi attempt ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 1, 2010, 5:13pm   #61

Joined Jun 2009
Re: £50/pip eur/usd 5k account.

Think he will be ok yet, this little ease back to 2440, look for a perhaps a retest hi attempt next hour or so , then I think it should head south towards 124 and test that evening / overnight .

So fingers crossed he might nick a few quid yet ...

The main concerned with the weakening of the trend is the retest I think, especially if one has jumped in on top a rocket, its not much fun sitting on it waiting for the fuel to fade off ! Sometimes they are contained within the hi, other times you can get a pop, hopefully it won't pop for him and his heart rate can ease of a bit !!
spinola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2010, 5:24pm   #62

Joined Jan 2007

I really think this EONIA fix is going to be one to watch, it certainly is in fixed income, and it surely is gonna be important to EUR.
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

No nuisance spread betters please. Anyone else welcome.
arabianights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2010, 5:39pm   #63
Joined Apr 2010

kimo'sabby started this thread Right guys, i'm currently short 2420, stop 2495. I'll set a take profit 2395 and go long 2395 100:100.
kimo'sabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:18pm   #64

Joined Jun 2009

OK I'm seeing sell into this next attempted leg up from here, for the leg down . Higher the better, let the skill of your timing guide you in , but anywhere near the high will do . 12460 ish at the mo.

Good luck .
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:29pm   #65

Joined Jun 2009

OK looks like its given the run towards 12480 , sensible stop , and kick back for the next session 12-24 hours I'm thinking time wise to the short side.

good luck.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:32pm   #66

Joined Jan 2007

that doesn't help OP out...
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:36pm   #67

Joined Jun 2009

See the re test of the hi now , these are the zones that get me excited. Ohh cos I anticipate this beast trading down next.

Use a nice atr 2 stop on it, and crack a beer open.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:38pm   #68

Joined Jun 2009

Yeah 12495 stop is a coin flip, nice place for a punt for inter session traders though I think.

Holding so far !
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:31pm   #69

Joined Jan 2007

sorry

Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:42pm   #70
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004

Wtf happened to the 7K reserve if needed pot ?

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:44pm   #71

Joined Jan 2007

well if he brought it in he'd already have used half of it...

Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:13pm   #72

Joined Nov 2008

RIP fella sorry to see,

it just wont come back this eur/usd i am short myself at 12500
pocrel is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2010, 11:06pm   #73

Joined Oct 2008

dont normally take pleasure in other people's failure, but told you so.

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Hoggums
Old Jul 2, 2010, 1:33am   #74

Joined Feb 2009

These threads are good, because they're educational. These threads 'may' do more for new traders than the vast majority of threads on this board. And I can't say everyone has done this sort of thing, averaging down, risking far too high a % of the account etc, but I know that I did in the early days (not saying it is early days for you kimo-sabby, I imagine you knew this was a longshot).

Even at a 10 pip stop loss, this would have been an enormous challenge to keep it going for long. As for the 100 pip stop loss, or even 50 pip stop loss, you were risking basically 50%-100% on one trade.
Shakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2010, 7:54am   #75

Joined Jun 2009

Well it popped in the end. Lids on it for now I reckon , Hold shorts this AM still on my setup.

need that 12480 to go, then to see if its got legs to 12400, possible 12300.

NFP and thin holidays might make things lively, but my trend set-up says short pressure should be the side to be on !

So lets see if shorts deliver today .

ATR 2 is the disaster stop (mental if you can watch it or fixed if not) and that should be a sensible portion of the pot I think. This will give one a relaxed approach to inter session trading, used with some form of reliable trend weakening analysis.

Just my thoughts/approach.