ES Trading

This is a discussion on ES Trading within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; U.K. Retail Sales Fall Most Since 2012 as Price Rises Bite https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...re-prices-rise U.K. retail sales fell at the fastest pace ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:21pm   #393

Joined Jan 2006
Why aren't consumers spending like mad???

new_trader started this thread U.K. Retail Sales Fall Most Since 2012 as Price Rises Bite
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...re-prices-rise

Quote:
U.K. retail sales fell at the fastest pace in almost five years in December as rising prices saw consumers buy less of everything from household goods to clothing and food.

How is everyone enjoying the inflation the Central Bankers keep saying is good for ‘us’? Seems like only yesterday they were saying that inflation will ‘boost demand’ because consumers would hold off spending if prices fall…you know…consumers are terrified of the deflation bogeyman!!

Only a [comment removed] could believe the Keynesian nonsense!

GC @ 1199.6
ES @ 2265.25

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2017, 4:45pm   #394

Joined Jan 2006
Change In Speak

new_trader started this thread Retail sales fall unexpectedly in January
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39002325

Quote:
Analysts said consumers were becoming wary of spending at a time when employment and earnings growth was slowing and inflation rising.

Samuel Tombs at Pantheon Economics said consumers were starting to "crumble" in the face of inflation pressure.

How is everyone enjoying the inflation the Central Bankers keep saying is good for ‘us’?

It seems like only yesterday the Central Bankers were trying to terrify us all with the DEFLATION BOGEYMAN; warning us that if prices fell “Consumers would hold off purchases” triggering an economic disaster of biblical proportions OMG!

Only a [comment removed] could believe Central Bankers rhetoric!

GC @ 1236.0
ES @ 2348.50

Old Sep 30, 2017, 11:54am   #395

Joined Jan 2006
Gold

new_trader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
It's FOMC day today! The markets have already assigned a 100% probability that the "Hawkish" (*LOL*) US FED will be "hiking" (*LOL*) rates today because the US economy is growing! (LMFAO)

The price action of gold is telling me a very different story, and as Lord Rees Mogg
said: “Government lie; bankers lie; even auditors sometimes lie; gold tells the truth.”

If my figuring is correct then whatever the US FED does, gold will most likely dip down below US$1150 sometime after the announcement but stay above $1100 (possible low of US$1130) and close the year between $US1150 - $1200.

However, I am forecasting that gold breaks above US$1400 by mid 2017

All of this is contingent on gold staying above $US1100. If it breaks below that then both the US FED and I have misjudged the market.

GC @ 1162.1
ES @ 2266.00

GC reached a high of 1362.4 on 8th September 2017. The middle of 2017 was 2nd July, give or take. The actual GOLD price was just under 3% short of my target in just over 2 months. Not bad for a call made over 6 months in advance.

Click the image to open in full size.

GC @ 1282.5
ES @ 2517.75

Attached Thumbnails
2017high.png  

Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:36am   #396

Joined Jan 2006
dotcom all over again

new_trader started this thread The more threads I read, the more I am convinced that crypto’s are a bubble. No different to the dotcom bubble when people were talking “The New Economy”.

The crypto bubble will burst the same way as the dotcom bubble, but not before they sucker in more “Legendary” Trade2win members...

...and I thought crypto’s were just a millennial thing too...Nope!

I’m sticking with gold and silver...and the wheel.

This forum is invaluable for all the wrong reasons

GC @ 1273.5
ES @ 2527.25