ES Trading

This is a discussion on ES Trading within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Trust in Gold Not Bernanke as U.S. States Promote Bullion Trust in Gold Not Bernanke as U.S. States Promote Bullion ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 8, 2013, 8:36am   #196

Joined Jan 2006
Gold

new_trader started this thread Trust in Gold Not Bernanke as U.S. States Promote Bullion
Trust in Gold Not Bernanke as U.S. States Promote Bullion - Bloomberg

Quote:
Distrust of the Federal Reserve and concern that U.S. dollars may become worthless are fueling a push in more than a dozen states to recognize gold and silver coins as legal tender.

Quote:
The U.S. Constitution bars states from coining money and also forbids them from making anything except gold and silver coin tender for paying debts. Advocates say that opens the door for the states to allow bullion as legal tender. The measure being considered in South Carolina would recognize foreign or domestic minted coins as legal tender.

Slowly but surely.

End of the World Party

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2013, 8:17pm   #197

Joined Jan 2006
Stockman

new_trader started this thread Stockman vs. Crook: Debate Over Zero-Interest Rates

Stockman vs. Crook: Debate Over Zero-Interest Rates: Video - Bloomberg

Go Stockman!

Dumbass modern economists and their delusional notion that a Central Bank having control of the money supply is a "Massive advantage"

Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:35am   #198

Joined Jan 2006
Mainstream BS!

new_trader started this thread Japanese Rush to Sell Gold as Price in Yen Jumps
Japanese Rush to Sell Gold as Price in Yen Jumps - WSJ.com

Quote:
The weak yen has triggered a gold rush, literally, among Japanese households, reflecting how bold new economic policies are shaking up long-entrenched deflationary attitudes, freeing up dormant assets, and sparking new economic activity
"bold new economic policies are shaking up long-entrenched deflationary attitudes"

Are they serious? What is new about printing money? What deflationary attitudes are they talking about? Central planners have been trying to frighten us with the deflation bogeyman ever since they seized control of the money supply.

History is littered with examples of debasement being used to "solve" the problem of Government overspending and failed economic policies.

Rome — The Denarius
China — Flying Money
France — Livres, Assignats, and Francs
Weimar Germany — Mark
USA -the continental
Plus don’t forget Argentina, Mexico, Zimbabwe...etc...etc..

This is why the mainstream media has ZERO CREDIBILITY!

Old Apr 15, 2013, 12:45pm   #199

Joined Jan 2006
Re: Portfolio & Gold

new_trader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
I am still keeping plenty of powder dry for when the Gold price collapses due to the rosy outlook for the US economy or [INSERT BLOOMBERG REASON OF THE DAY]...
Gold Extends Bear-Market Plunge Below $1,400 on U.S. Recovery
Gold Extends Bear-Market Plunge Below $1,400 on U.S. Recovery - Bloomberg

Quote:
Gold slumped below $1,400 an ounce to a two-year low after dropping into a bear market last week as optimism that a U.S. recovery will curb the need for stimulus cut demand for a protection of wealth. Precious metals declined
Remember this, Gold is plunging because the U.S economy is recovering. This should finally get all the weak hands out of the market.

Old Apr 19, 2013, 1:18pm   #200

Joined Jan 2006
Gold

new_trader started this thread Coin Sales Surge Despite Drop in Metal Prices
Sales of Gold, Silver Coins Surge Despite Drop in Precious Metals Prices - WSJ.com

Quote:
SYDNEY—Sales of gold and silver coins are soaring despite the sudden plunge in the price of precious metals, benefiting mints around the world and driving the cost of the collector items to well above the value of the metal they are made of.
Articles like this crack me up...obviously written by a left wing Keynesian moron who believes the idiotic rhetoric we hear from Governments and Central Planners about the dangers of deflation.

The utterly clueless journalist is baffled by the fact that falling prices has created demand...what an idiot...like so many other DUNCES in this forum who think inflation is a wonderful thing.

Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:40am   #201

Joined Jan 2006
Lies, damned lies, and statistics!

new_trader started this thread Data shift to lift US economy 3%
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/52d23fa6-a...#axzz2RGW0Fxz8

Quote:
The US economy will officially become 3 per cent bigger in July as part of a shake-up that will see government statistics take into account 21st century components such as film royalties and spending on research and development.
Question: How does a Central Planner boost GDP?
Answer: Change the way it’s calculated!

That's why GDP is an utterly meaningless figure, just like CPI or "Inflation"...they are nothing but Central Planner machinations designed to make things look the way they want.

You better sell all of your Gold because the US economy is going to start "improving" like you've never seen...with absolutely no threat of "inflation" as far as the eye can see...

Old Apr 30, 2013, 8:13am   #202

Joined Jan 2006
Re: Portfolio & Gold

Quote:
Gold Extends Bear-Market Plunge Below $1,400 on U.S. Recovery
Gold Extends Bear-Market Plunge Below $1,400 on U.S. Recovery - Bloomberg

Remember this, Gold is plunging because the U.S economy is recovering. This should finally get all the weak hands out of the market.
Gold Rush From Dubai to Istanbul Drains Supply as Premiums Jump
Gold Rush From Dubai to Istanbul Drains Supply as Premiums Jump - Bloomberg

Quote:
Surging demand for gold from Dubai to Istanbul has pushed physical premiums in the region to levels not seen in years as the biggest price slump in three decades lures consumers, according to MKS (Switzerland) SA.

Just two weeks ago Bloomberg would have made you believe that the Gold bull market was dead, over, finished, kaput, worthless...etc

The gold company I buy my coins and bars from have the most "Out of stock" products I've ever seen in years.

Most people would be inclined to say that massive buying from the "retail" crowd is a sign that the market is at a top, however, a general rule of thumb is that STRONG HANDS TAKE DELIVERY OF PHYSICAL.

If you doubt me, ask your neighbour, or your friends or your work colleagues, or any of your relatives whether they bought gold via an ETF, A futures contract or if they bought physical coins and bars. My guess is they will give you a blank look and wonder WTF you are talking about..."I bought an iPhone you moron"...

A few pundits are suggesting that this current rally in gold is just a dead cat bounce so it will be interesting to see just how much physical buying is drawn in by another price dip. I know the price I will be buying, and buying heavily, if it comes.

08:14 GCM3 @1463.00

Old May 3, 2013, 9:02am   #203

Joined Jan 2006
Re: ES Trading

new_trader started this thread Draghi Mulls Negative Campaign as Economy Struggles
Draghi Mulls Negative Campaign as Economy Struggles - Bloomberg

Quote:
With the ECB cutting its benchmark interest rate to a record low yesterday as the euro-area recession deepens, Draghi said policy makers have an “open mind” on reducing their so- called deposit rate below zero for the first time.

Yes, their minds are so open that their brains have fallen out.

Economy is in recession: Response = cut interest rates.
Economy remains in recession: Response = cut interest rates.
Economy is mired in recession: Response = cut interest rates.
Economy is devastated. Response = cut interest rates below zero.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

These moronic Central Planners are determined never to give up on the insane and destructive Keynesian economic policies!

Old May 3, 2013, 1:36pm   #204

Joined Jan 2006
Re: Market and portfolio update

Quote:
I remain LONG on stocks and expect the ES (S&P500) to break well above 1600.00 before I would even begin to start thinking that this bull trend is near exhausted. The Central Planners are determined to debase their currencies to oblivion, so the market is being driven almost entirely by inflation and there is plenty of it and more to come I suspect.

There is nothing I am seeing that would induce me into liquidating my stocksą. To me it looks like the market is ready for a breakout. There may be some minor reactions here and there while Tweedledum and Tweedledee try to workout the debt ceiling thing in the US, but I am staying long until the market tells me to get out.

1. Unforseen natural disasters and/or geopolitical events excluded.

AS Always, I could be completely wrong so do your own research!

13:36 ESM3 @1603.00

All the dunces in this forum keep trying to short the DOW and S&P500...

Old May 10, 2013, 7:45am   #205

Joined Jan 2006
Central Planning

new_trader started this thread Central Banks Keep Easing After 511 Cuts Fail to Spur Growth
Central Banks Keep Easing After 511 Cuts Fail to Spur Growth - Bloomberg

Quote:
Global central bankers are poised to ease monetary policy even further after a wave of interest-rate cuts from India to Poland.

As Group of Seven finance chiefs gather in the U.K. today with monetary policy on their agenda, economists at Morgan Stanley and Credit Suisse Group AG are among those predicting policy makers will keep deploying stimulus amid weak global growth, slowing inflation and the need to thwart currency gains.

Quote:
While the liquidity has sent stock markets surging, it has yet to prove as effective in generating economic growth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinghoul View Post
It's very simple... The ability to increase money supply when the situation calls for it is a massive advantage. Why do you think the Chinese have been kickin' ass for the past couple of decades? It sure ain't 'cause they're on the gold standard. A directed command economy allows them to very easily turn the taps on and off, which is an extreme example of the sort of competitive advantage I am referring to.
Yes...simples!

So, after 511 rate cuts worldwide I have to ask, WHERE IS THE MASSIVE ADVANTAGE?

Economies aren't growing but the insanity of doing the same thing over and over remains...

Modern Economists

The debasement of fiat money continues whilst Central Planners continue to deny there is a currency war...

Whatever you do, don't buy gold, just remember to:

KEEP
CALM

AND
CARRY
ON

Old May 18, 2013, 10:15am   #206

Joined Jan 2006

new_trader started this thread Gold Bears Revived as Rout Resumes After Coin Rush: Commodities
Gold Bears Revived as Rout Resumes After Coin Rush: Commodities - Bloomberg

Quote:
“The momentum has slowed significantly,” said Jeremy Baker, a senior commodities strategist who oversees about $800 million of assets at Harcourt Investment Consulting AG in Zurich and who forecasts prices may drop as low as $1,200 in six months. “The safe haven has definitely lost its gleam. We are in a declining phase here.”

Yes, everything is fine now, the Central Planners have fixed everything, the markets are making record highs and "the safe haven has definitely lost its gleam" even though by their own admission gold never really acted as a safe-haven...

It comes as no surprise that you will read this kind of mainstream nonsense from the neo-gold experts at Trade2win who don't know the difference between a gold bug and a gold speculator, they will just utter parrot-fashion whatever Bloomberg teaches them

It will be interesting to see if any of the Trade2win gold "experts" start buying gold when the price is right...my guess is they won't, not until Bloomberg tells them it is safe to buy because none of them have the foggiest idea of wot is wot and wot is not. You will only hear them calling another "bubble" when gold hits a new high...and they will keep repeating it until they "right"...Permabears

new_trader was accumulating gold years before the mainstream media knew what was going on...and new_trader will continue to accumulate gold while the Permabears will keep saying there is no point owning gold. In the meantime, I have added more gold miners to my portfolio.

Old May 21, 2013, 9:21am   #207

Joined Jan 2006
Gold

new_trader started this thread Hollande Bonds Without AAA Shine Brighter Than Gold: Euro Credit
Hollande Bonds Without AAA Shine Brighter Than Gold: Euro Credit - Bloomberg

Quote:
Credit downgrades, recession and President Francois Hollande’s gaping budget shortfall have done little to prevent French bonds from outshining gold.

Investors who bought French bonds when Standard & Poor’s stripped the country of its top credit rating on Jan. 13 last year have chalked up a 12 percent return, about triple the gains from German debt. Gold, touted by some investors as the world’s safest asset and a potential beneficiary when AAA rated governments are downgraded, lost 17 percent during the period.

Bloomberg has been running at least 3 bearish articles on Gold per day, every day, for the last 2 months...each one more bearish, desperate and bizarre than the last. But this latest one most definitely takes top prize. I look forward to the next article where they will compare Gold to Tulip Bulbs from 1634-1636.

Old May 23, 2013, 8:23am   #208

Joined Jan 2006

new_trader started this thread I added more gold miners to my portfolio on Tuesday and will soon start accumulating more gold as I now figure, and it is all but 100% confirmed, that the low in gold was made on the 15th April 2013.

I suspect, in fact I never doubted that the Stock Market rally was never based on Economic fundamentals, it is supported by Central Planner inflationary policies and now it has been exposed for what it is...just another inflationary bubble. Ben Bernanke hints at tapering Q.E and the market doesn’t like it one little bit.

I figure the ES is going to decline another 20-30 points from here, probably after the release of the jobless claims or sometime in the next few trading sessions.

08:23 ESM3 @ 1642.25; GCM3 @ 1378.30

As always, I could be completely wrong so do your own research!

Old May 29, 2013, 9:44am   #209

Joined Jan 2006
Re: Gold

Quote:
Bloomberg has been running at least 3 bearish articles on Gold per day, every day, for the last 2 months...each one more bearish, desperate and bizarre than the last. But this latest one most definitely takes top prize. I look forward to the next article where they will compare Gold to Tulip Bulbs from 1634-1636.

Gold Diverging From Fine Wine as Bullion Investors Lose Faith
Gold Diverging From Fine Wine as Bullion Investors Lose Faith - Bloomberg

Quote:
Gold and wine prices that tracked each other in the past decade amid demand for alternative assets are now diverging after bullion slumped into a bear market as some investors lost faith in the metal as a store of value.

Ok, it wasn't Tulip Bulbs...but still

You better start building a cellar...

Old Jun 1, 2013, 8:54am   #210

Joined Jan 2006
Summary

Quote:
I figure the ES is going to decline another 20-30 points from here, probably after the release of the jobless claims or sometime in the next few trading sessions.

08:23 ESM3 @ 1642.25; GCM3 @ 1378.30

As always, I could be completely wrong so do your own research!

The ES has made the decline I was expecting although I still figure it needs to move another 20 points (approx) lower before it will be time to buy for a move that will take it above the 1700 level. I suspect the market is anticipating ‘good’ NEWS at the next FED meeting on June 18-19. The ‘good’ NEWS that will send both the gold and stock markets higher will be that the US economy isn’t "recovering" fast enough and will therefore need the current inflationary policy to continue. In other words, the FED will keep doing what isn’t working.

Friday Close:
ESM3 @ 1627.50
GCM3 @ 1387.10