ES Trading

This is a discussion on ES Trading within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by new_trader India Must Tap Household, Temple Gold to Reduce Imports India Must Tap Household, Temple Gold to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:23am   #136

Joined Jan 2006
Re: Central Planning contradictions

new_trader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
India Must Tap Household, Temple Gold to Reduce Imports

India Must Tap Household, Temple Gold to Reduce Imports - Bloomberg

Remember this whenever you hear our Central Planners talk about devaluing the currency to “boost exports” as being the key to economic recovery.

SNB Maintains Currency Ceiling as Crisis Woes Weigh on Franc
SNB Maintains Currency Ceiling as Crisis Woes Weigh on Franc - Bloomberg

Quote:
Jordan called the impact of the franc’s past appreciation on prices “rather stronger than had originally been expected.” The economy will probably show a “significant weakening” in the current quarter, with the franc’s strength weighing on exports and spending in 2013, he said.

Quote:
While the Swiss central bank has focused on controlling the franc, it has also raised concerns about risks in the property market. The so-called UBS Real Estate Bubble Index entered the “risk zone” for the first time since 1991 in the third quarter, partly fueled by record-low interest rates.

Quote:
“Momentum in the domestic residential mortgage and real estate markets remains exceptionally strong,” Jordan said. “Mortgage lending continues to grow briskly compared to the economy as a whole,” while “real estate prices, already at a high level, continued to rise. As a result, risks for financial stability increased further over the past months, he said.

There was an old lady who swallowed a fly...

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:36pm   #137

Joined Jan 2006
Re: ES Trading

Quote:
After studying the markets last weekend I decided to place another standing order to go long the DEC 12 SPX 500 contract with IG index @1391.00

So my current trade situation is:

DEC 12 SPX 500
28/11/12: BUY @ 1391.00 (filled)
28/11/12: Partially closed @ 1406.63
28/11/12: Stop @1393.00
Stop now @ 1431.00

I decided to move my stop closer to the market since it is close to expiry. I am slighltly skeptical about this rally.

1636: DEC-12 SPX 500 @ 1441/1442

Old Dec 18, 2012, 7:21pm   #138

Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Stop now @ 1431.00

I decided to move my stop closer to the market since it is close to expiry. I am slighltly skeptical about this rally.

1636: DEC-12 SPX 500 @ 1441/1442

Stop now @ 1441.00

I decided to squeeze more out of this trade so I have more profit to buy gold depending on how cheap it gets.

Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:06pm   #139

Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
After studying the markets last weekend I decided to place another standing order to go long the DEC 12 SPX 500 contract with IG index @1391.00

DEC 12 SPX 500

09:40 Market currently @ 1415/1416

I partially closed the trade because according to my figuring the market is indicating a reversal which is likely to take out my stop @ 1393.00 probably sometime next week. If that happens I will be looking to go long again and hold until expiry. I will be holding this current trade until expiry or until my stop is hit.

I need to study the market more so I can get fully back in sync with it especially since my holiday, but I look to adding to my position/s as the year end draws near. The U.S fiscal cliff is nothing more than another utterly insignificant sideshow, distraction, pantomime performed by clueless Politicians...

Stop @ 1443.00

Old Dec 19, 2012, 3:09pm   #140

Joined Jan 2006

Quote:

DEC 12 SPX 500

I partially closed the trade because according to my figuring the market is indicating a reversal which is likely to take out my stop @ 1393.00 probably sometime next week. If that happens I will be looking to go long again and hold until expiry. I will be holding this current trade until expiry or until my stop is hit.

I need to study the market more so I can get fully back in sync with it especially since my holiday, but I look to adding to my position/s as the year end draws near. The U.S fiscal cliff is nothing more than another utterly insignificant sideshow, distraction, pantomime performed by clueless Politicians...

Stop @ 1445.00

Old Dec 19, 2012, 4:00pm   #141

Joined Jan 2006

Quote:

DEC 12 SPX 500

14:55 Closed (Stop hit) @ 1445.00

Close enough to expiry.

Old Dec 19, 2012, 9:43pm   #142

Joined Jan 2006
Fiscal Cliff

new_trader started this thread There are only two words I will be focusing on in regard to the U.S Fiscal Cliff deal - DEBT CEILING(Limit).

What comes before those two words is all I care about. Everything else is irrelevant.

Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:46pm   #143

Joined Jan 2006
Gold

Quote:
Gold – Long term although most positions are in profit it is a long term accumulate.
I have been following gold for many years now and if there is one common characteristic with almost every single gold bear I have encountered (In person, in forums, in comments under news articles or analysts on TV) it is this - NONE OF THEM HAVE EVER OWNED ANY PHYSICAL GOLD. This is why they can’t understand why anyone else would. They don’t understand gold but will gladly advise you to sell because it is over-priced and then give you a long list of reasons why. The bears have used the SAME ARGUMENT for selling gold when it was @$700, $800, $900 all the way up to $1900!

Warren Buffet doesn’t understand gold. He didn’t understand when it just kept going up...and...up...and...up...but he is also one of the dumbasses who didn't see the Global Financial crisis coming either

The next time you come across someone giving a very bearish forecast on gold, ask them this “At what price did you buy gold?”

Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:18am   #144

Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Gold has sold off again and I suspect the stock market will follow. As usual, the U.S fiscal cliff pantomime is upsetting the dumb money and providing a good opportunity for the smart money to buy. I will be looking to start accumulating more gold below US$1650 if it manages to breakdown that far. Below $1650 is a buying opportunity and below $1600 is a gift!

13:50 - Gold @ 1695.00
13:50 - ESZ @ 1407.00

Bought back some of the GOLD I sold

Old Dec 24, 2012, 9:11am   #145

Joined Jan 2006
Central Planning Failure

new_trader started this thread U.K. House Prices Fall as Hometrack Sees Further Decline in 2013

U.K. House Prices Fall as Hometrack Sees Further Decline in 2013 - Bloomberg

Quote:
Britain’s economic recovery has yet to gain traction amid a squeeze in credit markets, keeping consumers under pressure while inflation outpaces wage growth. Data last week showed the economy’s rebound in the third quarter was weaker than initially estimated, and Governor Mervyn King has forecast a “zig-zag” pattern of growth.

Over 15 months ago I was warning people that this would be the result of the inflationist Central Planning policies but the clueless dumbass modern economists and inflationist members of this forum just laughed!

Luckily I sold my U.K property a few years ago and put the money to much better use. This country is going nowhere fast. The only “growth” I am seeing is inflationary growth, not real economic growth. Dumbasses don’t know the difference.

Old Dec 25, 2012, 2:18pm   #146

Joined Jan 2006
Merry Economic Christmas

new_trader started this thread Deck the Halls with Macro Follies - YouTube

Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:29pm   #147

Joined Jan 2006
Where are the equity Bulls?

Quote:
I have been following gold for many years now and if there is one common characteristic with almost every single gold bear I have encountered (In person, in forums, in comments under news articles or analysts on TV) it is this - NONE OF THEM HAVE EVER OWNED ANY PHYSICAL GOLD. This is why they can’t understand why anyone else would. They don’t understand gold but will gladly advise you to sell because it is over-priced and then give you a long list of reasons why. The bears have used the SAME ARGUMENT for selling gold when it was @$700, $800, $900 all the way up to $1900!

Warren Buffet doesn’t understand gold. He didn’t understand when it just kept going up...and...up...and...up...but he is also one of the dumbasses who didn't see the Global Financial crisis coming either

The next time you come across someone giving a very bearish forecast on gold, ask them this “At what price did you buy gold?”

So where are all the dumbass gold bears/equity bulls now? Gold makes a 5% move down and they all come out singing and dancing with glee...the stock market follows not long after and they all go crawling back under their rocks, where they belong! Just as I expected...dumbasses!

I had good reason to doubt the Stock Market rally:

“Governments Lie; Bankers Lie; Even Auditors sometimes Lie... GOLD TELLS THE TRUTH.”
-Lord Rees Mogg

Old Jan 1, 2013, 9:34am   #148

Joined Jan 2006
Bubble in the making?

new_trader started this thread Stocks Beat Bonds, Commodities by Most Since 2009 on Stimulus

Stocks Beat Bonds, Commodities by Most Since 2009 on Stimulus - Bloomberg

Quote:
Unprecedented central bank stimulus sent global stocks to the biggest annual rally in three years, beating bonds, commodities and the dollar by the most since 2009 as shares surged from America to Germany and Venezuela.

Bloomberg appears to interpret this as good thing, however, anybody who has studied History and also the warnings of those who really understand Economics, who are against Central Bank ‘stimulus’, fiat money and Government meddling in the Economy would only view this as an ominous thing.

The Stock-market bubble and consequent crash of 1929, which led to the Great Depression, was caused by the inflationary monetary policy during the mid 1920’s.

From Alan Greenspan’s 1966 essay “Gold and Economic Freedom” (The link is in my signature at the bottom)

"The excess credit which the Fed pumped into the economy spilled over into the stock market-triggering a fantastic speculative boom. Belatedly, Federal Reserve officials attempted to sop up the excess reserves and finally succeeded in braking the boom. But it was too late: by 1929 the speculative imbalances had become so overwhelming that the attempt precipitated a sharp retrenching and a consequent demoralizing of business confidence. As a result, the American economy collapsed."

Is there any thinking adult alive today who believes that this time will be different? Is there anyone who actually thinks that the current Federal Reserve, that positively did NOT see any of the warning signs of the last Global Financial Crisis, will succeed in sopping up excess reserves this time around without any consequences?

I remain LONG equities and Gold and hope I am smart enough to get out in time.

Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:28am   #149

Joined Jan 2006
Re: Fiscal Cliff

Quote:
There are only two words I will be focusing on in regard to the U.S Fiscal Cliff deal - DEBT CEILING(Limit).
What comes before those two words is all I care about. Everything else is irrelevant.
"Politics Is Show Business for Ugly People"

Click the image to open in full size.

Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:41pm   #150

Joined Jan 2006

new_trader started this thread OMG! This is terrible!

Goodbye QE, So Long Gold

Goodbye QE, So Long Gold - Forbes

Quote:
The end is near for quantitative easing. And thus, gold bugs can kiss $2,000 an ounce goodbye.

The Central Planners have fixed everything!