Seeking consistency

This is a discussion on Seeking consistency within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; both Gold and Silver have printed daily candles indicating rejection of lower prices towards the bottom of their recent trading ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:03am   #393
Joined Dec 2009
gold & silver counter trend long

Leia started this thread both Gold and Silver have printed daily candles indicating rejection of lower prices towards the bottom of their recent trading ranges
I am watching for a re-tracement of around 50% of yesterdays daily 'hammer' type candles for a 4H or 1H trigger candle to trade long (toward the top of their recent ranges / into the descending dynamic resistance of their daily moving averages)

By watching for an entry inside yesterdays daily bar I hope to both reduce risk (compared to trading the daily bar in a text book way) and have a greater chance of a break even trade (should price only trade up to yesterdays high and then move lower again, my stop will have been moved to breakeven (if opened) once price has moved the same number of pips as I have risked
Attached Thumbnails
gold-daily.gif   silver-daily.gif  
Leia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 3:46pm   #394
Joined Dec 2009
Re: Gbp cad

Leia started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leia View Post
Order set to open at 1.58 70 (stop 1.58 20, -50pips risk) and target at recent daily highs of 1.60 00 (130pips reward). R=2 (if opened)
Order removed (missed entry by 6 pips!) - price has moved through 50pip R1 level (1.59 20)
Attached Thumbnails
gbp-cad-update.gif  
Old May 8, 2012, 8:58am   #395
Joined Dec 2009
Re: Gbp cad

Leia started this thread
Quote:
Order removed (missed entry by 6 pips!) - price has moved through 50pip R1 level (1.59 20)
and of course, price has met the target I had (but before ever touching my entry level)

Yesterdays candle (shooting star shaped) may provide an opportunity to short this pair - watching lower time-frames for set up
Attached Thumbnails
gbp-cad-update.gif  
Old May 8, 2012, 9:06am   #396
Joined Dec 2009
eur usd 1H trigger from daily set up

Leia started this thread EUR USD pair printed a rejection (daily candle hammer formation) of prices lower than its recent trading range (1.30 00 - 1.32 70)

The hourly chart may be printing a further hammer candle at the 50% retracement level

A counter trend entry with the potential for good R:if candle closes in a clear enough format to trade

update:
Order to open long : 1.30 25, stop 1.30 00 (risk -25 pips) target just below daily descending 20sma @ 1.31 25 (reward +100) r =4 if opened
Attached Thumbnails
eur-usd-daiy-set-up.gif   eur-usd-daiy-1h-trigge-r-potential.gif  
Old May 10, 2012, 7:10am   #397
Joined Dec 2009
Re: eur usd 1H trigger from daily set up

Leia started this thread
Quote:
Order to open long : 1.30 25, stop 1.30 00 (risk -25 pips) target just below daily descending 20sma @ 1.31 25 (reward +100) r =4 if opened
My order was triggered and stopped out as EUR USD finally broke out of its three month range. It was a counter trend trade, however my set up for a counter trend trade at obvious support was valid and my stop prevented me from incurring an even greater loss, so I'm poor but not angry!
Old May 10, 2012, 7:20am   #398
Joined Dec 2009
USD CAD daily short

Leia started this thread The daily trend is flat, in line with the three and a half months that the pair has been ranging, the 4H is long, so I am trading counter this trend from the daily rejection of the high of the daily trading range

The daily has quite a long tail above indicating lack of buying interest at these levels and I have placed an order at about 50% of yesterdays trading range to get me short at 1.00 20 with a stop at 1.00 65 (-45 pisp risk) and a target of the recent lows at the bottom or the trading range at 0.98 60 (+160 pips reward) R=3 if opened and target achieved

There is no signal on the lower time-frames, but I noticed my entry is at the top of the overnight / asian trading range, so another move up before the London open can not be rules out and may just trigger me in....

Like the EUR USD trade earlier in the week this is counter immediate trend, but inline with the longer term 'ranged trend', rejection of a previous S/R level
Attached Thumbnails
usd-cad-daily-set-up.gif   usd-cad-1h-entry-zone.gif  
Old May 10, 2012, 2:30pm   #399
Joined Dec 2009
Re: USD CAD daily short

Leia started this thread
Quote:
order at about 50% of yesterdays trading range to get me short at 1.00 20 with a stop at 1.00 65 (-45 pip risk) and a target of the recent lows at the bottom or the trading range at 0.98 60 (+160 pips reward) R=3 if opened and target achieved
Trade order has been opened and moved to -20 pips (half of risk allowance) before turning short and has now achieved 0.99 75 (+45 pips). I have therefore moved my stop to breakeven at 1.00 20 to see what happens next
Attached Thumbnails
usd-cad-stop-breakeven.gif  
Old May 11, 2012, 6:29am   #400
Joined Dec 2009
Re: USD CAD daily short

Leia started this thread
Quote:
stop to breakeven at 1.00 20 to see what happens next
Stop hit - trade close for NIL (BE)