my journal 2

This is a discussion on my journal 2 within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; i understand your situation man. you are very mature according to my observation except when it comes to discretionary trading. ...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 17, 2010, 4:28pm   #886
Joined May 2010
re: my journal 2

i understand your situation man. you are very mature according to my observation except when it comes to discretionary trading. hehe. I also understand how some people are like that I think it's because of their upbrining. moreover girls are usually think with emotion not logic. I have same problem like you man. I have 3 sisters myself. I always quarrel with them. good story you have. you are very good employee !
Old Jun 17, 2010, 4:58pm   #887

Joined Mar 2003

Yamato started this thread Yes, thank you. I am glad there's people who understand me. I am not much appreciated at work, or rather they appreciate me, but they don't show it by promoting me or giving me bonuses. I suppose I either run things and i am my own boss, or society cannot really appreciate me. I am not a follower, I can't kiss up, so in a structured place I don't function well. I cannot tolerate anyone above me, especially because they're usually stupid people, who are up there because they were sleazy and sneaky enough, rather than because they worked hard and deserved it. The people who work hard don't necessarily get rewarded for working hard.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 5:20pm   #888

Joined Mar 2003

Yamato started this thread I've always been wondering why I was never able to write novels and never felt attracted to them. Instead I can write all the journals I want. It's for the same reason that I cannot conceive acting. It's because I like sincerity and truth and I don't like inventing things, like you would do in a novel, or as an actor (e.g.: you have to cry even if you don't feel like it). I like documentaries a lot, but I also like fiction actually. But anyway I think I cannot be part of creating fiction because I believe in sincerity so much. Not that I never lie, or actually almost never, even though I do hide some unpleasant truths, however what I can say is that I've always tried to push my sincerity as far as possible, certainly much farther than average people.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 7:18pm   #889
Joined May 2010

dude i was gonna say ur gonna be a good writer or move producer. you always have the urge to release ur stress in a journal way.

I am one of the sincere and truthful guy like you, but the difference is i know when to fake it, because thats how life works. I'm only true when im talking to my best friend or someone who can understand me, because other ppl wont appreciate or care about it. hahaha.

ur right nice ppl doesnt always get the reward. it's life so u should be flexible whether u like it or not.

I had many mistakes and bad experience for being true & transparent all the time. life just doesnt work that way. just like trading I think/

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
I've always been wondering why I was never able to write novels and never felt attracted to them. Instead I can write all the journals I want. It's for the same reason that I cannot conceive acting. It's because I like sincerity and truth and I don't like inventing things, like you would do in a novel, or as an actor (e.g.: you have to cry even if you don't feel like it). I like documentaries a lot, but I also like fiction actually. But anyway I think I cannot be part of creating fiction because I believe in sincerity so much. Not that I never lie, or actually almost never, even though I do hide some unpleasant truths, however what I can say is that I've always tried to push my sincerity as far as possible, certainly much farther than average people.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 7:47pm   #890

Joined Mar 2003

Yamato started this thread Yes, good point. You understood me exactly and understood what I was saying.

Maybe I fake it as well every once in a while. Only I do it much less than other people. Producing movies or making them is too much work. I'd rather watch them and make other people watch them. Maybe I could buy a movie theater and show only the movies I like.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 8:15pm   #891
Joined May 2010

yep I almost understand you.
it's like we must be politically & diplomatically smart before we say or do something. because what you do might affect you & people might use it against you. Thats how most people think. I didnt realize that until few yrs back.

when you become transparent, then your weakness will be revealed and ppl could use that to manipulate /judge you. they are more concerned about their status than the truth itself.

I think the way people act depend on how parents raise ppl up or how ppl evolve w/ ur environment and friends. the more exposure u have the more you become influenced by that.

so the point is if u know how to fake u are safe than if you are transparent & being true. LOL. thats so sad.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 9:07pm   #892

Joined Mar 2003

Yamato started this thread But maybe I want to be unsafe. I can't do otherwise. Or maybe it's smart to be sincere and let your real friends show. I actually make an effort to give a bad impression, so I will know whom I can count on when things are not going well for me. I try to be the opposite of "cool". If anyone says "cool" of me, I don't trust them. I don't trust people who say the word "cool". If they ask me "how are you", I reply "depressed", so that takes care of all the superficial people, because they won't stick around to hear what you have to say. Maybe being honest and transparent is a good way to be attacked, but that is a good way to know who your enemies are right from the start. How about that?

When I walk across the hall I don't even bother to say hi to anyone, because that's a superficial behaviour. I hate "hi, how are you?" bull****. I just walk straight and not look at anyone, and if they say "hi", I reply. **** them all. Whoever is a friend will show. The others I'd rather not be in touch at all.

I used to make efforts to be liked, but I've been doing that less and less, and even when I made efforts, I was never renouncing to my sincerity. I am not saying I am virtuous or anything. I am just saying I behave like this because this is what feels best. In a way it's less tiring, and even selfish. Not being fake is a selfish thing. Being sincere and honest can be a form of selfishness, because the society we live in requires you to lie and even though your parents teach you to never lie then you're also expected to lie and it's considered like a form of politeness to lie. But I am not talking about good things like not telling someone ugly that he's ugly. I am talking about if someone asks you to go somewhere, you don't feel like it, and you make up an excuse. Now that's an unnecessary lie, and yet if you say "mmh, I don't feel like it", you will be called rude. If instead you make up a lie, you will be considered polite.

Diplomacy means lying, good manners means lying, being sly means lying. I don't like to do it. My sincerity is a form of rebellion. Lying is the norm, the conforming behaviour.

Last edited by Yamato; Jun 17, 2010 at 9:49pm.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 9:42pm   #893
Joined May 2010

haha been through this and that. Sooner or later people will show their weaknesses. if people keep saying good things or being positive when they say something, I tend to not trust them. because they just say things without thinking or just being polite.

you can tell by the way people talk if they are not straightforward. they will go round and round and never reach to the point. I dont like this kind of diplomatic bull****. haha
the other example is when one promise to do thing and they back off at last minute.
if it's emergency i can understand, but other than i cannot trust them anymore.

you dont have to make bad impression & make it hard on yourself. It's just matter of time, you'll see it.

Quote:
But maybe I want to be unsafe. I can't do otherwise. Or maybe it's smart to be sincere and let your real friends show. I actually make an effort to give a bad impression, so I will know whom I can count on when things are not going well for me. I try to be the opposite of "cool". If anyone says "cool" of me, I don't trust them. I don't trust people who say the word "cool". If they ask me "how are you", I reply "depressed", so that takes care of all the superficial people, because they won't stick around to hear what you have to say. Maybe being honest and transparent is a good way to be attacked, but that is a good way to know who your enemies are right from the start. How about that?

When I walk across the hall I don't even bother to say hi to anyone, because that's a superficial behaviour. I hate "hi, how are you?" bull****. I just walk straight and not look at anyone, and if they say "hi", I reply. **** them all. Whoever is a friend will show. The others I'd rather not be in touch at all.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 9:52pm   #894

Joined Mar 2003

Yamato started this thread Yeah, I understand.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 5:28pm   #895

Joined Mar 2003
today is going well...

Yamato started this thread Today is going quite well... but then I am getting depressed about things of the past, like yesterday. I always seem to find an excuse to be unhappy, for something I can't have, and this has been happening ever since I was a child or at least since I was a teenager.

If today and yesterday had been ok... I would be thinking about the day before yesterday, and so on, back to a year ago, 10 years ago, 20 years ago.

The only time when I feel serene is on vacation, unless I go with my German friend and I wash dishes, since he won't ever do them.

I don't know. It was a good day, the systems are making money, but I am still sad.

I need to watch a movie, urgently.

And then take a cold bath, to flush the bad thoughts out of my body. A cold bath is a powerful thing. Cold water distracts you from bad thoughts pretty effectively. It resets your mind immediately and for a long time after you get out of the cold bath. As long as you have the guts to get in it, because it's like getting in the Mediterranean in early May. It's like 16 degrees Celsius or something like that.

Last edited by Yamato; Jun 18, 2010 at 5:34pm.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 7:18pm   #896

Joined Mar 2003
"you may lose more than your initial deposit"

Yamato started this thread I was looking for a good spreadbetting account to open for a friend of mine, to whom I've been trying to teach trading (yes, it sounds funny since I cannot trade), and guess what: everywhere I read they say how "you may lose more than your initial deposit". This is why I am not opening any accounts for my friends, especially not one in my name (he doesn't even speak english). What the hell?! With IB you have troubles keeping positions open because how fast they liquidate your position due to margin calls, and with these guys it seems they're trying to rip you off and use up more capital than you deposit? Goddamn bull****. My friend will have to wait until I have enough money to open him an account with IB.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 9:57pm   #897

Joined Mar 2003
masterpieces

Yamato started this thread I've said before, but I have to say it again. After a few days, these are masterpieces:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0454987/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424993/
Old Jun 19, 2010, 5:50am   #898
Joined May 2010
Re: "you may lose more than your initial deposit"

u teach him how to do discretionary or hybrid automated trading ?

Quote:
I was looking for a good spreadbetting account to open for a friend of mine, to whom I've been trying to teach trading (yes, it sounds funny since I cannot trade), and guess what: everywhere I read they say how "you may lose more than your initial deposit". This is why I am not opening any accounts for my friends, especially not one in my name (he doesn't even speak english). What the hell?! With IB you have troubles keeping positions open because how fast they liquidate your position due to margin calls, and with these guys it seems they're trying to rip you off and use up more capital than you deposit? Goddamn bull****. My friend will have to wait until I have enough money to open him an account with IB.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 9:06am   #899

Joined Mar 2003
my unprofitability and what I teach to daniele

Yamato started this thread I gave him many profitable ideas and told him that I cannot use them profitably because I get out of control when i trade - whether I win or lose - and I have a tendency to risk everything I have on one trade. Yesterday I told him:
Quote:
If you risk 1% of your account how many times can you lose before going broke? And if you risk 100% how many times? So even a very good trader should not invest 100% on his next trade, because sooner or later he will be wrong and lose everything. But that is what I tend to do, regardless of how many times this has blown out my account.
So the answer is I teach him discretionary even though I myself am incapable of it.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 6:04pm   #900

Joined Mar 2003
yeah, this is all true - screw american propaganda...

Yamato started this thread

Just like today they deny the 9/11 questions of Loose Change people and call them anti-patriotic.