my journal 2

This is a discussion on my journal 2 within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Thanks for the link. I briefly checked it out. However, I am rarely a follower. I'd rather do things by ...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 11, 2010, 9:39pm   #473

Joined Mar 2003
re: my journal 2

travis started this thread Thanks for the link. I briefly checked it out. However, I am rarely a follower. I'd rather do things by myself my own way. I don't want to be a student of anyone. I'd rather do research and read on my own. I am self-taught. I am my own teacher. I don't like teachers in general. I like people who explain things clearly and people who answer my questions. I don't like the guru attitude, "come with us and we will teach you".

For the same reason, I was doing poorly in school. I didn't want anyone to tell me how I should see things. I like wikipedia. I can check it out whenever I am curious. I don't like: enrolling, subscribing, following. All school is based on enrolling. I don't like that. You take a class, can't really ask much, and you get judged a lot during the class. That's total crap to me.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 10:02pm   #474
Joined Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
Thanks for the link. I briefly checked it out. However, I am rarely a follower. I'd rather do things by myself my own way. I don't want to be a student of anyone. I'd rather do research and read on my own. I am self-taught. I am my own teacher. I don't like teachers in general. I like people who explain things clearly and people who answer my questions. I don't like the guru attitude, "come with us and we will teach you".

For the same reason, I was doing poorly in school. I didn't want anyone to tell me how I should see things. I like wikipedia. I can check it out whenever I am curious. I don't like: enrolling, subscribing, following. All school is based on enrolling. I don't like that. You take a class, can't really ask much, and you get judged a lot during the class. That's total crap to me.
i understand completely, like i said in the pm i don't follow him, i just read, took one setup and applied to my developing method .

Anyway, swing trading, this is where it's at
Old Mar 11, 2010, 10:02pm   #475

Joined Mar 2003
self-control update

travis started this thread Today's self-control:

snap1.jpg

I got back to the good levels of when I started. This is thanks to my ongoing trade on the CAD, which has been keeping me off compulsive trading for days. And if I stay off compulsive trading, I am pretty stable.

snap2.jpg
Old Mar 12, 2010, 1:28pm   #476

Joined Mar 2003

travis started this thread Let us all remember to celebrate, within a few hours, the 200,000th registered user of our favorite forum:

snap.jpg

How much time has passed... considering I am user # 3052.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 3:37pm   #477

Joined Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
Let us all remember to celebrate, within a few hours, the 200,000th registered user of our favorite forum:

Attachment 78294

How much time has passed... considering I am user # 3052.
Who's going to grab a screenshot of it actually at 200000? Or more attractive to me 199,999

Actually I just thought, a lot of them are probably bots from Russia or China trying to set up accounts to spam the forum.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 4:09pm   #478

Joined Mar 2003

travis started this thread To my compulsive personality this is a very important event: I've been checking that figure ever since it was at 195,000. Particularly because on top of this forum it still says "185,000 MEMBERS". I am getting restless and waiting for an update that says "200,000 MEMBERS". Tonight I won't be able to sleep over it.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:40pm   #479

Joined Mar 2003

travis started this thread Ok, they made my day. They readily changed the banner to "200K MEMBERS".

snap1.jpg
Old Mar 13, 2010, 12:52pm   #480

Joined Mar 2003
self-control and automated trading updates

travis started this thread snap1.jpg

My self-control seems to go in trends almost like stock prices: a few days rising and a few days falling (not random). We'll see how it evolves in the future. Of course, in case I totally quit discretionary trading, I might remove that item: it has taken a lot of points from my self-control, as i rate it from 1 to 10, whereas the others are rated from 0 to 1.

snap2.jpg

Automated trading

snap3.jpg

My automated trading went so so, and it only made 500 (all paper trading), but still positive, so next week the signals will not need to be reversed. It seems, from my systems, that the DX will go down, and all currencies of course will rise towards the dollar. Really strange considering the Canadian Dollar, which is above .98. Had I made 500 dollars less, next week signals would have been reversed.

snap4.jpg

As far as discretionary trading, I've lost more money, and it looks like i will have to take that loan so I can quit it altogether, and resume my automated trading.

Once I invest the loan's money and start investing with my automated systems, I better make money fast because in less than two months, I have a holiday coming up with my highschool friends, and I'll need to run my systems from a server overseas (at a friend's), which will cost me about 1000 dollars, as he'll have to buy a server and run it for me.

Last edited by travis; Mar 13, 2010 at 1:02pm.
Closed Thread