FetteredChinos's Blog

This is a discussion on FetteredChinos's Blog within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Well guys, rather than clutter up the message boards with posting my trades, i thought i would be better off ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 2, 2004, 11:14am   #1

Joined Jun 2003
Traders Log. Chinos Date 2nd Feb 2004

Well guys, rather than clutter up the message boards with posting my trades, i thought i would be better off setting up one of these journal thangs as it is easier to see what is what.

I will be mainly posting my EOD FTSE trades, and also my daily DOW trades which i started posting on the Trading Strategies Board. These may well be abandoned after my trial run ends this friday, performance pending!

My FTSE trades are based upon a value strategy, with my own "tip top secret home-grown unlagging 'indicator' " hopefully telling me what is overbought/oversold. As things stand, we could be looking at an EOD LONG today if we dont break yesterday's high of 4436, but i will keep this updated as long as i can!

FC
FetteredChinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2004, 2:41pm   #2

Joined Jun 2003
Todays Dow Bet

FetteredChinos started this thread Daily Dow Bet...

gone long at 10509... stop at 10468

close otherwise at EOD.. lets see if this one works!

FC
Old Feb 2, 2004, 3:28pm   #3

Joined Jun 2003
ouch

FetteredChinos started this thread out -41...

think i may well suspend this before friday at this rate..no point blowing points on an "idea".. back to the bread and butter me thinks..

almost certainly putting a long in at close of play on the FTSE now.

FC
Old Feb 2, 2004, 4:31pm   #4

Joined Jun 2003
Ok back to basics

FetteredChinos started this thread Gone long on March futures @4365

close to be advised later.. probably in 3-4 days time.

FC

Old Feb 3, 2004, 5:32pm   #5

Joined Jun 2003
still in on the Long

FetteredChinos started this thread futures current 4373, so looking good so far. (+8)

basically, having closed at the high of today, if we have another up day tmr, then i will be shorting at the close. fingers crossed as i could do with banking some profits after a nasty 3 days with the Dow Experiments (TM)

remember, whatever trading plan you have, STICK TO IT!!!!

FC
Old Feb 4, 2004, 9:09am   #6

Joined Jun 2003
curses Cisco!!

FetteredChinos started this thread Hmm, well not great overnight performance on the DOW after Cisco's little wobble after the close means we have gapped down on the FTSE a fair bit. Am still in my long, and will only stop and reverse when i get a counter signal. Currently the only way we will get a counter signal is if the FTSE makes a daily high in excess of 4420, which is currently some 40 points away. Dont think it is too likely, so it looks like trade will roll over into thursday!

FC
Old Feb 4, 2004, 4:44pm   #7

Joined Jun 2003
hmmm!

FetteredChinos started this thread futures 4379 so +14 unrealised profit so far..

came close to triggering a short, and judging by the head-and-shoulders forming on the cash, that may have been the best plan.

BUT im sticking to the system through thick and thick lol..

who knows what is gonna happen tmr, but 4389 remains a key point for my plan!!! ;-)

Long continues

FC
Old Feb 5, 2004, 9:12am   #8

Joined Jun 2003
not as bad as i feared

FetteredChinos started this thread hmm, the ovenight positions looked a bit shaky, but at least we appear to have opened the "right" side of 4389. it has been tested and offered support once, so i remain moderately bullish for today.

longer term im getting a bit wary, and could really do with a high of 4428 or greater in order to get my fetteredshort on in time for the US economic data tmr. a bit like the old days, no matter the state of the news, the market wants to sell off. is this the start of the Big Decline (TM) that has been coiling up for the lastfew months?