my journal

This is a discussion on my journal within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Ok, getting out of these positions as soon as it re-crosses or as soon as I make my takeprofit of ...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 11, 2009, 4:58pm   #1396

Joined Mar 2003
Re: my journal

Yamato started this thread Ok, getting out of these positions as soon as it re-crosses or as soon as I make my takeprofit of 20 ticks (it was a partially sniper trade... a sniper who went into shooting rampage).
Old Dec 11, 2009, 5:08pm   #1397

Joined Mar 2003

Yamato started this thread Got out for a bit over 100 profit. I should have gotten out at the top, but I didn't know it was the top.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 5:10pm   #1398

Joined Mar 2003

Yamato started this thread I am getting in again at the next bullish crossover.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 5:11pm   #1399

Joined Mar 2003

Yamato started this thread We're too oversold to be taking any short signals.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 5:16pm   #1400

Joined Mar 2003

Yamato started this thread I guess I could trade all day long and on any markets if I just follow my instincts and stayed within the fast moving average. I think I'll try that. If I end the day with an extra 1000 dollars, I'll do it every day, and screw the sniper system, which nonetheless taught some discipline by meaning to teach me absolute discipline.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 5:19pm   #1401

Joined Mar 2003

Yamato started this thread Tell you what: i'll just trade the euro with semi-sniper settings, using all the correlations i've been using. But focus on the EUR nonetheless. Yeah, this is great: same target.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 5:21pm   #1402

Joined Mar 2003

Yamato started this thread There goes my second missed pro-trend trade: they were both profitable. Both discarded because I considered the situation to be too oversold.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 5:23pm   #1403

Joined Mar 2003

Yamato started this thread What's great is that despite being on the wrong side of the market at each crossover I am get more and more on the right side. But I am not losing any money as I would have otherwise, because now I am using as "sight" the fast moving average. I'll go LONG at the next bullish crossover.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 5:25pm   #1404

Joined Mar 2003

Yamato started this thread As long as you have something to keep you waiting, on hold, like a moving average, you're going to be ok. The problem is when you're totally free to gamble as you please.

I think today I found the right mix to make about a 1000 dollars every day. Quitting my job soon...
Old Dec 11, 2009, 5:27pm   #1405

Joined Mar 2003

Yamato started this thread hunches and intuition are good... good to have ideas by looking at the chart... but your idea has to pass the test of the fast ma.

Went long.

If it doesn't cross it, you can't enter the trade. And if it re-crosses it you have to exit.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 5:30pm   #1406

Joined Mar 2003

Yamato started this thread Also, "correlations" of the last 15 minutes are proving to be invaluable.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 5:33pm   #1407

Joined Mar 2003

Yamato started this thread Ok, so basically the method is this: you have to stay in a trade from one crossover till the next. That's all there is to it.

Wait. Important also to keep an eye on where the trend is, and where pivots are, and where the slow moving average is. Because you don't want to always go against the slow ma trend: only when it's highly overstretched.

Also have to keep an eye on what time of the day it is.

And if the range is low, limit yourself to that one famous single sniper trade per day.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 5:37pm   #1408

Joined Mar 2003

Yamato started this thread Exited with actually a small loss: but that was my victory. Being able to exit with a small loss. I used to stay because I had a small loss.

Now I'll enter at the next bullish crossover, and each time the trend will be more on my side.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 5:38pm   #1409

Joined Mar 2003

Yamato started this thread Entered again.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 5:40pm   #1410

Joined Mar 2003

Yamato started this thread Exited again. Lost hundreds in the two last exits, combined.
Closed Thread