my journal

This is a discussion on my journal within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; I really want to get to the bottom of this thing: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showth...postid=2630589 http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fore...bp-future.html...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:45am   #589

Joined Mar 2003
travis started this thread I really want to get to the bottom of this thing:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showth...postid=2630589
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fore...bp-future.html
Old Nov 6, 2009, 5:06pm   #590

Joined Mar 2003
travis started this thread Got answers to the questions above. No liquidity at all on the EUR/GBP future. No point in doing it.

I just started yet another statistical arbitrage EUR & GBP trade. There was a spread between them of 24 ticks, and the EUR looked like it was at a bottom. Breaking even after a few minutes.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 5:08pm   #591

Joined Jun 2009
RPZ9 isn't very liquid, no...
I think it does about 200 contracts per day (I'd have to check that) but that could be used to your advantage in some ways...
Overall though; its preferable (as its a system) for you to have liquidity to get in and out of positions no bother... And therefore maybe afterall
EUR/GBP futures isn't the best way to go - cash perhaps ?

Sorry if i'm speaking in a really 'smug' tone; i'm particularly proud of myself at the moment.

Right now we are trading @ 331 volume on december contract (To be precise)

GET YOUR TOWELS READY, ITS ABOUT TO GO DOWN.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 5:13pm   #592

Joined Mar 2003
travis started this thread Congratulations on your successful trading, today or whenever it happened, that made you proud. I think a good enough reason to trade my new system is that it keeps me very busy trading without making me lose any money. It's good enough for me. Actually so far I've made money for two days in a row, with the "LONG 1 EUR - SHORT 2 GBP" method.

The rules, that have evolved a bit over time, are basically that:

1) I don't accept a spread (between EUR and GBP) of less than 20 ticks,
2) that I don't enter unless I see an impending reversal on one of them, and
3) that I don't exit unless I make a profit of at least 80 dollars.
Attached Thumbnails
snap1.jpg  

Last edited by travis; Nov 6, 2009 at 5:22pm.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 5:21pm   #593

Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
Congratulations on your successful trading, today or whenever it happened, that made you proud. I think a good enough reason to trade my new system is that it keeps me very busy trading without making me lose any money. It's good enough for me. Actually so far I've made money for two days in a row, with the "LONG 1 EUR - SHORT 2 GBP" method.
Thats good Travis;
I haven't been trading today due to non-farm payroll pre-market... It didn't behave how i expected it to and therefore it creates an uncertain/lack of confidence situation in the days trading, so i just avoided trading today...

Msn if you fancy?

GET YOUR TOWELS READY, ITS ABOUT TO GO DOWN.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 5:26pm   #594

Joined Mar 2003
travis started this thread Yes, sure but for very short because today I have two guests at home and before they come I have to empty all the urine-filled milk bottles in my room.

Thanks! The following members like this post: Weighbridge
Old Nov 6, 2009, 6:10pm   #595

Joined Mar 2003
travis started this thread END OF ALL DELUSIONAL SYSTEM EXPERIMENTING

See attachment to find out how I experienced first hand the fact that they can diverge even more. From diverging 24 ticks to diverging 50 ticks. I am officially done with experimenting with this system: I will stick to my systems, and not even create any more for a while. Today I am going to lose, as usual, more than I've made in all previous trades. And it happens every single time I trade discretionary, no matter what method I use.
Attached Thumbnails
snap1.jpg  
Closed Thread