Simple Inside Bars

This is a discussion on Simple Inside Bars within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Stop was moved up a few ticks to the low of 6am candle. Stopped out at 15968 for -17. 16000 ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 6, 2009, 7:48am   #166
 
foredog's Avatar
Joined Oct 2007
foredog started this thread Stop was moved up a few ticks to the low of 6am candle.

Stopped out at 15968 for -17.

16000 seems to be big resistance at the moment. Will keep on taking the trades though, as the one you miss is usually the one you should've been on!
__________________
IF IN DOUBT GET THE **** OUT!

No need for a course http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...tml#post707344

Simple cable system http://simpledibs.blogspot.com/ http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trad...side-bars.html
foredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:58am   #167
Joined Nov 2001
I'm using footsie, still, but am looking at TF15 today. There was a bullish tail at 0815, followed by an IB.

The horizontal lines that I have drawn in are 5047.6 and 5039.7 and I bought at 0828 5041.5 on the Daily Future equivalente of 30 points less. At present price 9 points above that and I feel more comfortable than yesterday
Splitlink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2009, 9:25am   #168
 
foredog's Avatar
Joined Oct 2007
foredog started this thread Good stuff Split.

Not having the greatest day, with that stopout in cable and then my desktop pc has just packed up, probably due to a small flood last week in all that rain, added to that yesterday my dog chewed through my laptop power cable .......... it never rains but it pours!!!!

Going to need a few decent trades to pay for all that!!!
__________________
IF IN DOUBT GET THE **** OUT!

No need for a course http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...tml#post707344

Simple cable system http://simpledibs.blogspot.com/ http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trad...side-bars.html
foredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2009, 9:31am   #169
Joined Nov 2001
Did the dog get to the juicy bit before the fuses blew?

As for me, it's Ok at present . Reminds me of words from Kenny Roger's song

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
Know when to walk away and know when to run.
You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.

Ev'ry gambler knows that the secret to survivin'
Is knowin' what to throw away and knowing what to keep.
'Cause ev'ry hand's a winner and ev'ry hand's a loser,
And the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep."
Splitlink is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: foredog
Old Oct 6, 2009, 9:32am   #170
 
foredog's Avatar
Joined Oct 2007
foredog started this thread Andy

Excuse the naivety but what is the bell curve picture you posted? when i click on it only the basic picture comes up.
__________________
IF IN DOUBT GET THE **** OUT!

No need for a course http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...tml#post707344

Simple cable system http://simpledibs.blogspot.com/ http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trad...side-bars.html
foredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2009, 9:49am   #171
 
mb325's Avatar
Joined Jun 2008
Split, another IB at 0930, are you still in? Whats the plan?
mb325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:23am   #172
Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by foredog View Post
Andy

Excuse the naivety but what is the bell curve picture you posted? when i click on it only the basic picture comes up.
Hi foredog

see attached

just a post to help newboys and girls think a bit more regards method etc take it further than a bare bones trigger

maybe find a sweet spot to trade them IB's & pins


Andy
Attached Thumbnails
bell-curve-side.png  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Market_Profile_Basics.pdf (471.5 KB, 461 views)

Last edited by tenbobtrader; Oct 6, 2009 at 10:25am. Reason: ups ! posted piccy the wrong way up :-)
tenbobtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:34am   #173
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb325 View Post
Split, another IB at 0930, are you still in? Whats the plan?
I'm still in.

Plan? On 30th there was a low of 5092. We are above that, now. So I am using that line as support and hoping that price will make more progress. I am a morning trader, so will have to decide whether to leave a stop on the trade and let it run when I go to work, or close. I use the Daily Future which does not roll over, but closes EOD.
Splitlink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:57am   #174
Joined Nov 2001
This is,probably, the usual lunchtime chop, either hold 'em or fold 'em, but not often worth entering a trade until after 1300. Mr. Market always has surprises, though. Watch for spikes.
Splitlink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:10am   #175
 
foredog's Avatar
Joined Oct 2007
foredog started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
This is,probably, the usual lunchtime chop, either hold 'em or fold 'em, but not often worth entering a trade until after 1300. Mr. Market always has surprises, though. Watch for spikes.
My current dilemma, Cable has posted another IB, the 6am open was 15975, the current ib high is 15971, so could take it as it will go though open if triggers.

but also could go short this IB as it will be below the open and the entry will be within 1pip of the 50ma so entry would put it below.

Take both one or none?

For my own trading account i'm inclined to miss it..............
__________________
IF IN DOUBT GET THE **** OUT!

No need for a course http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...tml#post707344

Simple cable system http://simpledibs.blogspot.com/ http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trad...side-bars.html
foredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:17am   #176
Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
This is,probably, the usual lunchtime chop, either hold 'em or fold 'em, but not often worth entering a trade until after 1300. Mr. Market always has surprises, though. Watch for spikes.
nice trade Split,

good thoughts

ftse hits its 10 day ATR give or take a few points

sure we will see a few IB's before 2:30 in the H1 M15 timeframes

hope you catch a nice ride with the trailer



funny day you selected ~ 30th sept for your reference low ? how come ?

looks like a few narrow range days printed a touch lower - your thoughts

Andy
tenbobtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:25am   #177
Joined Nov 2001
Hi Foredog

That one doesn't look very pretty, today. I would not like to advise on that. The averages are very flat, too.

I've closed with 60 points. I'm sitting around, not doing much and past experience tells me that 60 points is a good morning's work on Footsie.

Probably regret it though.

So!

Yesterday, for me was poor, although I controlled the loss to 7-8 points. Today it's +60 using TF15 so I'll be back for more, tomorrow.

Good trading to you.

Split
Splitlink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:27am   #178
Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by foredog View Post
My current dilemma, Cable has posted another IB, the 6am open was 15975, the current ib high is 15971, so could take it as it will go though open if triggers.

but also could go short this IB as it will be below the open and the entry will be within 1pip of the 50ma so entry would put it below.

Take both one or none?

For my own trading account i'm inclined to miss it..............
Hi Foredog

sure is an interesting spot its printed it at in the higher timeframes

here lies the problem with the trigger on the short H1 timeframe (shake fake whips)

IB at potential major support month / week / day

IB at potential continuation pattern day (bear flagg'y pattern)

= ??????????????????????????????

you have to go with what your method dictates - every trade or your run of results becomes worthless imvho

Andy
tenbobtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: foredog
Old Oct 6, 2009, 12:11pm   #179
Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
That one doesn't look very pretty, today. I would not like to advise on that. The averages are very flat, too.

I've closed with 60 points. I'm sitting around, not doing much and past experience tells me that 60 points is a good morning's work on Footsie.

Probably regret it though.

So!

Yesterday, for me was poor, although I controlled the loss to 7-8 points. Today it's +60 using TF15 so I'll be back for more, tomorrow.

Good trading to you.

Split
Split

showing your years of discretionary experience there mate :-)

not to bad at all considering

have a good one tomorrow

Andy
Attached Thumbnails
m15-ib.bmp   range.bmp  
tenbobtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Splitlink
Old Oct 6, 2009, 12:30pm   #180
 
foredog's Avatar
Joined Oct 2007
foredog started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenbobtrader View Post
Hi Foredog

sure is an interesting spot its printed it at in the higher timeframes

here lies the problem with the trigger on the short H1 timeframe (shake fake whips)

IB at potential major support month / week / day

IB at potential continuation pattern day (bear flagg'y pattern)

= ??????????????????????????????

you have to go with what your method dictates - every trade or your run of results becomes worthless imvho

Andy
Dead right Andy, got to take the trades, even said it myself on here, especially on a little account like this! Even after years of experience though human natures of greed and fear affect us sometimes.

Seems really stupid because i know using this method you will probably only get around 50% winners and yet I let two losses in a row put me off taking a trade, even though there has been periods of 5 in a row before.

NB...lots of other stuff going on today like pc's blowing up so probably not the best day anyway.

On to the next trade then, probably be a loser...
__________________
IF IN DOUBT GET THE **** OUT!

No need for a course http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...tml#post707344

Simple cable system http://simpledibs.blogspot.com/ http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trad...side-bars.html
foredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pin bars...and let this be the last of it. trader_dante General Trading Chat 27 Apr 5, 2009 5:14pm
Good book with simple trading strategies inside peter450 General Trading Chat 10 Feb 14, 2009 11:53am
Inside Bars nkruger Technical Analysis 12 Jun 24, 2008 2:30pm
Inside Track Chicken Curry The Foyer 2 Feb 17, 2006 11:18am
Looking inside a bar. 1 min vs. 15 min bars ... brooksrimes Trading Systems 0 Aug 30, 2005 10:40pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)