Brewski Trading

This is a discussion on Brewski Trading within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Right I'll give this journal thing a go, feel free to give me as much criticism as you like. There ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 13, 2013, 5:54pm   #1
Joined Sep 2010
Brewski Trading

Right I'll give this journal thing a go, feel free to give me as much criticism as you like. There won't be many live calls in here because I have a full time job and most trades are opened on orders so I'll be genuine and post all trades with charts and reasonings regardless of profit/loss at time of posting. I don't take many trades a week so it won't be exciting and don't copy me, you'll end up a loser.

I'm waiting for a decent price to go long usd/jpy and pretty much any of the Indices. Could also be tempted by a long on gbp/usd soon as well but it might be a bit too risky.
brewski1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Sir Pond Life Dreg , cablemonster , Lord Flasheart , Shakone , Splitlink , Lee Shepherd
Old May 13, 2013, 6:10pm   #2
Joined Jan 2013
Re: Brewski Trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1984 View Post
Right I'll give this journal thing a go, feel free to give me as much criticism as you like. There won't be many live calls in here because I have a full time job and most trades are opened on orders so I'll be genuine and post all trades with charts and reasonings regardless of profit/loss at time of posting. I don't take many trades a week so it won't be exciting and don't copy me, you'll end up a loser.

I'm waiting for a decent price to go long usd/jpy and pretty much any of the Indices. Could also be tempted by a long on gbp/usd soon as well but it might be a bit too risky.
good luck. Will you be trading with real money?
cablemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2013, 6:13pm   #3
Joined Sep 2010

brewski1984 started this thread Yes it'll be real money, although relatively not a lot.
Old May 13, 2013, 6:18pm   #4
Joined Jan 2013

Quote:
Yes it'll be real money, although relatively not a lot.
I would advise using minimum stakes with Oanda or Finspreads. You dont want to donate more money to the brokers. After 25/50 trades you can then increase slightly. @10p per point you will not be able to do much damage. Remember no single trade result matters only a rolling extended sample of 25/50/100 just my 2c. good luck with it.
cablemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2013, 7:04pm   #5
Joined Sep 2010

brewski1984 started this thread Those damn brokers won't be getting any money out of me
Thanks! The following members like this post: cablemonster
Old May 13, 2013, 8:33pm   #6

Joined Dec 2008

Quote:

Good luck dude - don't sweat about the live calls, nobody is judging in here.
Old May 13, 2013, 11:07pm   #7

Joined Jan 2004

Good luck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CnAsdQiGzs
Lord Flasheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2013, 8:58am   #8
Joined Sep 2010

brewski1984 started this thread Thanks guys, usd/jpy down a little but not far enough to buy yet.
Old May 15, 2013, 11:35am   #9
Joined Sep 2010

brewski1984 started this thread Looks like usd/jpy went without me.
Old May 17, 2013, 6:39pm   #10
Joined Sep 2010

brewski1984 started this thread Nothing for me this week. Next week I'll be looking to go long any of the Indices and any of the USD pairs, short gbp/usd would be my choice. I'd like to buy Gold or Silver as they look so cheap but they just seem to be headed down in the short term.
Old May 20, 2013, 7:16pm   #11
Joined Sep 2010

brewski1984 started this thread Ok almost a live call but it's offside at the moment so as good as, first trade for the journal is a short gbp/usd at 1.52584 stop 100 points. Support/resistance line I drew on the weekly chart, hoping for downtrend to carry on. Might cut it early when it goes above 1.5300 depending but other than that guaranteed to lose this!
Old May 21, 2013, 2:38pm   #12
Joined Sep 2010

brewski1984 started this thread Just loaded up the daily chart and I must admit it's looking beautiful at the moment (I bet it closes right near the open now lol). You can see the support/resistance line I was looking at and where my entry and stop is on the chart. This was the same price I was thinking of going long on last week but I thought it was too risky to go long so I waited and went short from it

+120 points as I post this, I'll be looking to lock some profit in soon.
Attached Thumbnails
gbpusdsbdaily.png  
Old May 21, 2013, 4:52pm   #13
Joined Sep 2010

brewski1984 started this thread
Quote:
(I bet it closes right near the open now lol
It's heading back nicely lol
Old May 22, 2013, 11:52am   #14
Joined Sep 2010

brewski1984 started this thread Ok I've locked in +100, ill be aiming to get out at around 1.5000 somewhere
Old May 22, 2013, 3:11pm   #15
Joined Sep 2010

brewski1984 started this thread Out for +100, damn Bernanke. On another interesting note, gbp/usd was "closed" (but still moving!) for at least 1 minute on gkfx over that news.