The apprentice's Journal.

Hi Aspiring,

Just curious to hear about the platform your trading on and your thoughts on it? Do you think it was a good choice starting off trading with the micro account ?

Enjoy reading your journal so keep it up!

Hi Aspiring,

Just curious to hear about the platform your trading on and your thoughts on it? Do you think it was a good choice starting off trading with the micro account ?

Enjoy reading your journal so keep it up!

Hey mate, I'm using Easy-Forex, it's a web based platform that I'm still currently using on small 5000 lots. While the platform is relatively easy to use, it has its limitations for small account holders. General spread is usually 4-5pts on the majors and is a pretty much fixed rate that doesn't increase on event risk. It's limitations are that you can't place a stop or limit order close to current price, for example; you can't place a stop within about 15 - 20pts of current price or set a limit order within about 45pts of current price in your direction, which usually renders it useless for limit orders. This is because they say they guarantee no slippage to small account holders, which is crap because you'll get slipped on news announcements, it just says "The dealing desk is unavailable at this time" when you try to open or close a trade on extreme volatility, so by the time you close out or open the trade the market has moved by the time the dealing desk becomes "Available", so in other words, you get slipped no matter what account you have.

I don't use its charting software or desktop platform that it provides for free, because to be honest it's just not that good, and once again they only provide MT4 platform access to bigger account holders and not micro accounts. However, they provide you daily fundamental outlooks from subscription services such as UBS and Trading Central for technical, which is good.

I'm using a free web based application for my charting (Forex Charts), while its fairly good software, I'm also finding limitations in its use, for example; you cant draw trend lines on indicators such as RSI, You can't save anything being it's web based and you can only draw simple line, no cirles, free draw, ect( I add these on MS Paint when i upload my charts). I still rate it as really good free charting software, but unfortunately i think I'm starting to grow out of it as i require more from my charts these days, but really good for beginners just starting out for sure!

So all in all, if you're looking for a broker you just need to do a bit of research and find out what's comfortable for you and what suits your needs.

Do i think it's a good idea to start trading on a micro account?

Yes, i would recommend it to anyone as long as they're trading with risk capital only. The main advantage in starting off with Micro is you get all the same emotions when trading with a bigger account but with out the risk of losing 50K. Even though you might only be risking 50c a point, you'll still feel that same emotion when losing money and making money, and this will be your biggest hurdle in your trading career.. emotions!! which I'm sure you're well aware of.

It's essential to learning trading, you need to know how to take a loss and how to take a win, especially before throwing big money at it. Because you will lose money before you start making it... it's just fact!

Anyway, hopefully that answered any queries you had from me :)

And i wish you all the best in your trading endeavors!
Peace!

AT.

And yes,, i must keep up with the journal!

I had a couple trades last week that i didn't get the time to post. 2 really nice ones, and 1 loss.
I'll post them from now on!

AT

Looking to start the old journal back up again, only nearly been a year!

Been trading on and off during that time, but pretty much nothing at all in the last six to eight months.
Still have the desire, just haven't had the time. Hopefully starting this back up will give me the kick in the butt i need to get back into it again.

Anyway, I'll see how i go.

Cheers

Nice old journal, you have maintained it for long time. :) How about the account size, have you scaled up to a good decent amount now.

Nice old journal, you have maintained it for long time. :) How about the account size, have you scaled up to a good decent amount now.

Unfortunately not, I haven't really been trading at all so the account has gone no where! And all the money I've saved from work has gone into travelling Europe for a while early next year so i haven't even been able to top it up either. But oh well, I'll just play with what I've got :)

Hopefully i can slowly build up something decent this time around (y)

US Durable goods came out worst than expected. -7.1 from an expected -4.0.

Long EurUsd @ 13379
Stop @ 13350

Entry off bounce off support and 200ma on M15

Attachments

• Long.png
    Long.png
    81.4 KB · Views: 138
As for target.. I'll let this ride over night and see how it gets digested.

13450 would be nice though, but will see how it plays out.

Ehh.. figures.

Worse than expect US durable goods data last night, and just out, better than expected German IFO data.. and EU sells off 50 pts on the news.. which stopped me out.. I don't get it

DailyFX

"The Euro ignored a 16-month high in the IFO German Business Climate Survey and fell 50 pips against the US Dollar, possibly due to Syria related risk aversion across global markets."

Guess i best be looking for short sells.

Attachments

• stopped.png
    stopped.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 139
Eur/Usd has tanked, dropping nearly 80 pts in the last 3 hrs, German un-employment data out soon, interesting to see what happens. If it's better than expected, i might look for a retrace then maybe look for some shorting opportunities. Seems Eur is bearish, even after good data releases the last couple days.

Edit:

German Unemployment change rose 7K from an expected -5K.
Unemployment rate remains the same at 6.8%
German CPI out in another 4 hours.

Last edited:
Eur/Usd seems to be showing starting signs of a pull back, for how long though, who knows.

Will look for shorts around 1.3300, but also keeping German CPI in mind when it comes out later.

Edit :

German CPI also missed the mark coming in at 1.5%, down from 1.7% expected.

Attachments

• Short.png
    Short.png
    78.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Short Eur/Usd @ 1.3250. On the back of worst than expected German CPI and better than expected 2Q US GDP

Stop @ 1.3300

Target @ 1.3200

Last edited:
Moved to BE

been going sideways a lot today, but starting to come off again. Moving to Break even in case it doesn't follow through, so far 20 pts up.

Eurozone CPI estimate due in a couple hours, will see what happens.

Last edited:
Damn.. it eventually came off down to 1.3175 and didn't really go above 1.3250 at all.

I think from now on, I'm either going to hit my target or just be stopped for a loss, no moving to be unless I'm well in front.