College Fund Challenge

This is a discussion on College Fund Challenge within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; One last trade is now open. If it closes in profit I can reduce all risk down to 10%. Waiting....

View Poll Results: How close to my goal of $2,000,000 do you think I will get?
You think I will blow the account and my $100 will be lost. 79 58.52%
You think I will somewhat earn a profit $200-$1,500. 17 12.59%
You think I will get a pretty good return but not close to $2,000,000. 27 20.00%
You think I will get way more then $2,000,000. 12 8.89%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 24, 2012, 1:31pm   #582
Joined Sep 2010
Re: College Fund Challenge

tkbieber started this thread One last trade is now open. If it closes in profit I can reduce all risk down to 10%.

Waiting.
tkbieber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2012, 4:28am   #583
Joined Dec 2011

am i reading this right...you have equity of 57% right now? Is this a huge drawdown?
bushmanusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2012, 1:29pm   #584
Joined Sep 2010

tkbieber started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushmanusa View Post
am i reading this right...you have equity of 57% right now? Is this a huge drawdown?
67.25% DD, yes because it is trying to recover from a loss the other day. Otherwise the DD would be 10% max.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 2:09pm   #585

Joined Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbieber View Post
67.25% DD, yes because it is trying to recover from a loss the other day. Otherwise the DD would be 10% max.

"If I didn't lose, I wouldn't have as high a DD."

NSS
Old Feb 1, 2012, 4:19am   #586
Joined Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbig View Post
Masquerade, I am a cynical and jaded professional trader who has seen it all and heard it all before. So don't think that I am a soft touch.

BUT his trading method is built on high risk/high return basis. (He has previously tanked his two previous accounts.)

BUT he is slowly but surely morphing his method into something less extreme and much more interesting.

AND even though he has lost 60% of his account, it is still alive and showing 10.98% over a 10 week period.

Admittedly it is a wild ride for his trading, BUT he has shown persistence with his method and it is interesting to watch his trading progress using a purely mechanical system.
I agree with you that he SHOULD show his open trades (I think that he is being dishonest to the max OR maybe he is being unnecessarily paranoid), but I am prepared to cut him a bit of slack for a while as he continues to work to progress his mechanical trading.
This method has copped a bit of a beating in the last couple of weeks but as long as it is recognised to be a high risk-high reward, wild ride it is still interesting to me.
After a number of heavy hits, it is still up 26% over 3 months.
marbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2012, 4:27am   #587
Joined Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbieber View Post
Thanks. I agree that 40% is big. The flaw I have with this system is if there is ever 3 bad trades in a row, that just devastates the account. In the last year and a half, I have not seen that but it's just a matter of time I'd say.

The key at this point is just just not start with as much of a risk. Maybe 3% risk starting out so that one could afford to go through three bad trades in a row and survive.
I think you are on the right track. Good luck. This EA is morphing into something that is getting very interesting.
marbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:23pm   #588
Joined Sep 2010

tkbieber started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbig View Post
This method has copped a bit of a beating in the last couple of weeks but as long as it is recognised to be a high risk-high reward, wild ride it is still interesting to me.
After a number of heavy hits, it is still up 26% over 3 months.
Ok, drama is over and I'm back to risking 5% on the 15m charts and 10% on the 1h chart. I'm up +98% for the time being.

Click the image to open in full size.