College Fund Challenge

This is a discussion on College Fund Challenge within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Ok, I got all back from the losses on the 15 min chart with last night's +40 pips. Normal risk ...

View Poll Results: How close to my goal of $2,000,000 do you think I will get?
You think I will blow the account and my $100 will be lost. 79 58.52%
You think I will somewhat earn a profit $200-$1,500. 17 12.59%
You think I will get a pretty good return but not close to $2,000,000. 27 20.00%
You think I will get way more then $2,000,000. 12 8.89%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 5, 2012, 1:34pm   #561
Joined Sep 2010
Re: College Fund Challenge

tkbieber started this thread Ok, I got all back from the losses on the 15 min chart with last night's +40 pips.

Normal risk now applies for the 15 min chart.

Now I am just needing 4 trades on the 1h chart and all will be back.

Click the image to open in full size.

BTW, one year of having three bad trades within one month doesn't convince me that Christmas has anything to do with it. There were just as many bad trades back in June-July. Last Christmas there was maybe one bad trade which would have been easily recovered. Forward results are way better than history, I know. Give me two more Decembers of live trading and if three out of four holidays have three or more bad trades than I'll say the Dec. holiday season has something to do with it. What I do know is there is less movement when a trade is open during the last week of Dec and the first couple of days in Jan. but that really has nothing to do with my indicators.
tkbieber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:58am   #562
Joined Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shewolf View Post
While you persist in hiding your Open trades, we will always have a major doubt about you and your EA.

You well know that the biggest scam with selling EAs is the use of large (or unlimited) stop losses to hide massive losses and and massive DrawDowns. The scammers do that by hiding their Open trades

If you show your Open trades, (instead of intentionally and surreptitiously hiding them), then we will treat you as an honest EA vendor.
The alternative is that we will know that you are a scam.

Open up your Open trades.
Why are you still persisting with hiding your Open trades? It only serves to make you look like a scammer.
shewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2012, 1:04am   #563
Joined Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbieber View Post
Ok, I got all back from the losses on the 15 min chart with last night's +40 pips.

Normal risk now applies for the 15 min chart.

Now I am just needing 4 trades on the 1h chart and all will be back.

Click the image to open in full size.

BTW, one year of having three bad trades within one month doesn't convince me that Christmas has anything to do with it. There were just as many bad trades back in June-July. Last Christmas there was maybe one bad trade which would have been easily recovered. Forward results are way better than history, I know. Give me two more Decembers of live trading and if three out of four holidays have three or more bad trades than I'll say the Dec. holiday season has something to do with it. What I do know is there is less movement when a trade is open during the last week of Dec and the first couple of days in Jan. but that really has nothing to do with my indicators.
I believe that the two indicators that you use in your system...momentum and CCI...are greatly impacted by low volume and can have "false trade signals" do to low volume. Id also not let your EA trade on NFP days as the swings could stop you out and/or develop into a new trend. Also a question. Have you thought about trading this robot on a bias only (one way) trending market such as EURUSD going short only? Or does it work in cable pair only? Good luck with your system this year. I wish you the best.
bushmanusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2012, 1:12am   #564
Joined Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shewolf View Post
Your first EA lasted less than 4 months before spectacularly collapsing with two huge 60% losses (2 x 250 pips) which busted your account and gave you a MINUS 36% loss.

This second EA has been going for less than six weeks BUT you are hiding your open trades. If you really are open and honest, you would show the Open Trades to allow everyone to see what losses and DrawDowns are being hidden.
One might start to doubt that you have any stop loss at all on your losing trades and have a mighty big DrawDown in progress.

If you really are open and honest, you would show the Open Trades
You are still looking like a doubtful character while ever you persist in hiding your Open trades
shewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2012, 1:35am   #565
Joined Sep 2010

tkbieber started this thread Well, today was interesting with two trades that opened, a buy and sell within 15 minutes of each other. The sell ended in +40 pips and the buy is still going.

We'll see how it goes.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:40pm   #566
Joined Jul 2011

I wonder: If you randomly longed and shorted, using the same leverage, stop losses, maximum trading periods, etc., would you realize the same performance as your EA has realized?
debrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:56pm   #567
Joined Sep 2010

tkbieber started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by debrox View Post
I wonder: If you randomly longed and shorted, using the same leverage, stop losses, maximum trading periods, etc., would you realize the same performance as your EA has realized?
Actually no because I tested that theory. There is a use for trending indicators and the filters built into the system. Without them it would be useless. Of course there are going to be those days where the market swings and it wouldn't matter if a long or short is taken, it would be a winner but generally that is not good.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:15pm   #568
Joined Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbieber View Post
Actually no because I tested that theory. There is a use for trending indicators and the filters built into the system. Without them it would be useless. Of course there are going to be those days where the market swings and it wouldn't matter if a long or short is taken, it would be a winner but generally that is not good.
How did you test the theory? And did you also place the random trades during the same times during which you permit your current algorithm to trade (assuming some times are off limits)?
debrox is offline   Reply With Quote