College Fund Challenge

This is a discussion on College Fund Challenge within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Hooray...

View Poll Results: How close to my goal of $2,000,000 do you think I will get?
You think I will blow the account and my $100 will be lost. 79 58.52%
You think I will somewhat earn a profit $200-$1,500. 17 12.59%
You think I will get a pretty good return but not close to $2,000,000. 27 20.00%
You think I will get way more then $2,000,000. 12 8.89%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 26, 2012, 5:15pm   #661

Joined Jul 2011
Re: College Fund Challenge

Hooray
tony1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 1:57pm   #662
mjj
Joined Mar 2005

How are you finding the cable DD on Toms EA at the moment
mjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:33pm   #663
Joined Sep 2010

tkbieber started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjj View Post
How are you finding the cable DD on Toms EA at the moment
It's currently at a 20.06% DD. I've personally seen it at 48% DD with other dips like this since Aug 2011. That's just how it works. It usually is 10-12% DD with occasional dips like this. The balance stays steady on the rise so no worries.
tkbieber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 11:03pm   #664
Joined Sep 2010

tkbieber started this thread Well, I got some bad news about Hotfx. They are eliminating all USA accounts by June.

Sooo, I will have to close out all open trades soon. I have two open with my morning-trade system and hope they close out by themselves.
Old May 3, 2012, 11:44pm   #665
Joined Dec 2011

Do you have any plans on new brokers?
bushmanusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 2:57am   #666
Joined Sep 2010

tkbieber started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushmanusa View Post
Do you have any plans on new brokers?
Yes but the problem is finding a non-US broker that accepts USA accounts. I found TradeFort. They accept USA accounts but I will have to use MoneyBookers to fund the account.
It's just a headache moving everything.
Old May 7, 2012, 2:13am   #667
Joined Sep 2010

tkbieber started this thread I've had a broker set-back. I found out Thursday that Hotfx are now kicking out all US clients. Anyway, I've now found the new broker I will be using, Tradefort. It will take me a few days to withdraw all current funds and deposit to new broker. I'm also putting all trading platforms on a VPS so even when I travel I can trade as long as I have internet.

All trades are now closed and I won't be adding new trades until I am switched over. I closed out a losing trade early and had a winning trade close today so all in profit and at new highs.

I hope to be trading again by next Monday. (Fingers crossed) Because I will be having a new account, I'll just start from around $1,200 and continuing my quest for $2M.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old May 26, 2012, 2:45pm   #668
Joined May 2012

Actually not true....if trades are kept private you can still gauge the performance by looking at Equity Balance which it will show what is left in percent etc..

Look at top left under stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaco View Post
tkbieber,

After briefly looking at this thread I was going to watch with interest and wish you all the best, your growth chart on myfxbook looks impresive as well.

HOWEVER

Then I noticed that you have lots per trade as private, not a problem easy to work out with the info available.

On the other hand keeping your open trades private raises some quesions regarding your performance.

For all we know you have several trades running at a loss wipeing out all your gains or worse still a trade that you have allowed to go beyond 250 pips loss.

So unless the open trades were to be made visible I would have to say that you will blow up.

If the reason for keeping open trades private is so that trades can not be piggy backed by others, then you can take a screenshot of your myfxbook page once a week showing us the performance including the open trades.

All the best.
xoden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2012, 2:47pm   #669
Joined May 2012

Tradefort will not allow you to use MoneyBookers because they are tied to US Fed Reserve....only way to do it is register an offshore corporation, then register with Trade Fort...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbieber View Post
I've had a broker set-back. I found out Thursday that Hotfx are now kicking out all US clients. Anyway, I've now found the new broker I will be using, Tradefort. It will take me a few days to withdraw all current funds and deposit to new broker. I'm also putting all trading platforms on a VPS so even when I travel I can trade as long as I have internet.

All trades are now closed and I won't be adding new trades until I am switched over. I closed out a losing trade early and had a winning trade close today so all in profit and at new highs.

I hope to be trading again by next Monday. (Fingers crossed) Because I will be having a new account, I'll just start from around $1,200 and continuing my quest for $2M.

Click the image to open in full size.
xoden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2012, 9:55pm   #670
Joined Sep 2010

tkbieber started this thread Well, alas... it may mark the end of this trading style because I am unable to find a working broker that has at least 1:200. This style of trading will never be able to be used with only 1:50. All my "off-shore" brokers kicked me off because I live in the US.

I am currently using FXDD and have two accounts opened with them. I will post results from one of them as soon as I fund it. I will be using a different system that will work with 1:50 so you guys can complain how that works.

Stay tuned.