College Fund Challenge

This is a discussion on College Fund Challenge within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Masquerade Who said anything about over? Fact is you locked in a loss of 98 pips. So ...

View Poll Results: How close to my goal of $2,000,000 do you think I will get?
You think I will blow the account and my $100 will be lost. 79 58.52%
You think I will somewhat earn a profit $200-$1,500. 17 12.59%
You think I will get a pretty good return but not close to $2,000,000. 27 20.00%
You think I will get way more then $2,000,000. 12 8.89%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 27, 2011, 1:46am   #463
Joined Sep 2010
Re: College Fund Challenge

tkbieber started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerade View Post
Who said anything about over? Fact is you locked in a loss of 98 pips. So you're -98 on that trade. Now if you can manoeuvre the trades you can make the loss back but it'd be incorrect to say you're hedged.
Yes, it's not over until either the SL or TP is hit on both trades. So far, neither one is hit. What it has done is locked in -98 pips or about -4% equity until one of them close out. At this point, the worst that could happen is that there will be one win and one loss. It could just as easily close both in profit as well. Time will tell.

Ok, hedging according to the "books" may mean buy and sell at the same time. What my system does is do a buy or sell on one set-up and then on the next day, if the set-up indicates an opposite trade, the market could have moved several pips in DD on the first trade before the next trade opens the opposite direction. It creates a sort-of "hedging" situation so that there is no further DD until one closes in profit. I've seen this occasionally in the past and just when I think there is no way for both to close in profit then the market just moves the right way and both end up profitable trades. The GBP just keeps getting pounded the last couple of weeks which makes the USD more valuable and the pair keeps going down. At some point the GBP will gain value again but the question is win.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
tkbieber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2011, 5:07am   #464
Joined Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbieber View Post
With three trades still open and one closed,
If you show your Open trades, (instead of intentionally and surreptitiously hiding them), then we will treat you as an honest EA vendor.
The alternative is that we will assume that you are trying a scam.
shewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2011, 2:13pm   #465
Joined Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shewolf View Post
If you show your Open trades, (instead of intentionally and surreptitiously hiding them), then we will treat you as an honest EA vendor.
The alternative is that we will assume that you are trying a scam.
Proof is in the history. If you can't trust the history or the stats and the fact that the Track Record and Trading Privileges have both been Verified as a Real account than I guess Myfxbook is a "scam".
Old Nov 27, 2011, 10:01pm   #466
Joined Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbieber View Post
Proof is in the history. If you can't trust the history or the stats and the fact that the Track Record and Trading Privileges have both been Verified as a Real account than I guess Myfxbook is a "scam".
You have deleted the history of the first EA so that no-one can see the quick and total busting of that account.

You are hiding the Open trades of this second EA so that no-one can see the losses and Drawdowns of the account.
You well know that the biggest scam with selling EAs is the use of large (or unlimited) stop losses to hide massive losses and and massive DrawDowns. The scammers do that by hiding their Open trades

The alternative is that we will know that you are a scam.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 10:32pm   #467
Joined Sep 2010

Quote:
You have deleted the history of the first EA so that no-one can see the quick and total busting of that account.

You are hiding the Open trades of this second EA so that no-one can see the losses and Drawdowns of the account.
You well know that the biggest scam with selling EAs is the use of large (or unlimited) stop losses to hide massive losses and and massive DrawDowns. The scammers do that by hiding their Open trades
So in the HISTORY tab on page 2 where you see a loss of -225 on 11.8.2011, what is that? It's the STOP LOSS. TP is from 15-40 pips and SL is 225. No less no more.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 4:53am   #468
Joined Feb 2011

Quote:

The alternative is that we will know that you are a scam.
Why are you so afraid to show your Open Trades?
What is hiding in there?
Old Nov 28, 2011, 1:33pm   #469
Joined Sep 2010

tkbieber started this thread Ok, one of the trades closed last night for +39 pips leaving just two open trades now.

Click the image to open in full size.