College Fund Challenge

This is a discussion on College Fund Challenge within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by mjj I've just noticed the 0815 GBPUSD trade that was opened on 12/05/2011 closed at 1.5572. How ...

View Poll Results: How close to my goal of $2,000,000 do you think I will get?
You think I will blow the account and my $100 will be lost. 79 58.52%
You think I will somewhat earn a profit $200-$1,500. 17 12.59%
You think I will get a pretty good return but not close to $2,000,000. 27 20.00%
You think I will get way more then $2,000,000. 12 8.89%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 8, 2011, 1:37am   #481
Joined Sep 2010
Re: College Fund Challenge

tkbieber started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjj View Post
I've just noticed the 0815 GBPUSD trade that was opened on 12/05/2011 closed at 1.5572. How did this happen as your published settings for the 0815 trade are set for a profit target of 40 pips. The trade closed at 29.2 pips profit. Are you manually closing your trades?
No, sometimes, for whatever reason, the EA closes it out early. It doesn't happen very often. I have two systems that either TP at 40 or 15 pips but not 30 so that is just an EA error.
tkbieber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:03am   #482
mjj
Joined Mar 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbieber View Post
No, sometimes, for whatever reason, the EA closes it out early. It doesn't happen very often. I have two systems that either TP at 40 or 15 pips but not 30 so that is just an EA error.
Hmmmm that was convenient!! I wish my EA had done the same...now the same trade is currently down $10.33 and not looking too promising.
mjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2011, 2:14pm   #483
Joined Sep 2010

Quote:
Hmmmm that was convenient!! I wish my EA had done the same...now the same trade is currently down $10.33 and not looking too promising.
I have four accounts and the trade that opened at 12-5, three closed out. Two closed out at 30 pips, one closed out with 40 pips and one is still open like yours. The $2M account just got lucky. On 12-6 18:30, the GBP dipped down just close enough to get 40 pips. It was very close and the spread kept the still-open trade from closing.

Anyway, you are not the only one with an open trade. Currently that one is -125 pips. I have a friend who also has the same trade open. Last night it dipped to -143. That may be open for awhile until the GBP decides to dive like the "pros" forecast it may.

You can watch a clip on what they have to say.

My guess, today's news for the USD at 8:30 eastern will help the GBP decide where to go.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 2:44pm   #484
Joined Sep 2010

tkbieber started this thread Ok, now that long trade is officially closed out in profit.

Today opened two trades for 15 and 40 pips.

Because some of you had one open trade from last week you probably just had one trade open for 15 pips today. That's ok, still all in profit.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:44pm   #485
mjj
Joined Mar 2005

Quote:
Ok, now that long trade is officially closed out in profit.

Today opened two trades for 15 and 40 pips.

Because some of you had one open trade from last week you probably just had one trade open for 15 pips today. That's ok, still all in profit.

Yep looks like the pros prediction for cable were correct. My trade from the 5th came in from the cold and gave me 40 pips. You have previously said that you will continue trading this system through the Xmas holiday period. Is this still your intention?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 1:31am   #486
Joined Sep 2010

Quote:
Yep looks like the pros prediction for cable were correct. My trade from the 5th came in from the cold and gave me 40 pips. You have previously said that you will continue trading this system through the Xmas holiday period. Is this still your intention?
Yes, my system seems to plow through this month just like any other month. I have reduced my risk until January simply because this is my first December using the system but I am still trading straight though this month.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 8:17am   #487
mjj
Joined Mar 2005

Quote:
Yes, my system seems to plow through this month just like any other month. I have reduced my risk until January simply because this is my first December using the system but I am still trading straight though this month.
What risk percentage have you reduced down to?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 9:54pm   #488
Joined Sep 2010

Quote:
What risk percentage have you reduced down to?
This month I am risking 7%. Today made a grand +2 pips.