College Fund Challenge

This is a discussion on College Fund Challenge within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by tkbieber That's kind of my secret sauce but it's based around the Turbo Morning Trade system but ...

View Poll Results: How close to my goal of $2,000,000 do you think I will get?
You think I will blow the account and my $100 will be lost. 79 58.52%
You think I will somewhat earn a profit $200-$1,500. 17 12.59%
You think I will get a pretty good return but not close to $2,000,000. 27 20.00%
You think I will get way more then $2,000,000. 12 8.89%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 27, 2011, 4:24pm   #211
Joined May 2011
Re: College Fund Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbieber View Post
That's kind of my secret sauce but it's based around the Turbo Morning Trade system but with my own twist.
No offence mate, but may I ask you why its a "secret"?
Saying "secret" you're trying to force people to buy or invest in your system.
You should know that no EA with the same settings will produce the same results ever.
So even if you tell your "secret" people won't be able to reproduce your performace.
With this in mind your "secret" does worth nothing. Its only marketing, forcing people to pay you.

I have to tell you that a system with 90%+ win ratio can live for a very long time even with a risk of 60% per trade before it gets burned.
So you might get a good return on that couple of bucks, but definitely not $2 Million.

Just a suggestion:
I would withdraw 50% of profit and secure it everytime I double my acc or once a month. This way in case of a margin call I would not lose everything.
I think keeping all the money in the account all the time to be able to increase lots faster is somewhat greedy
and thats the main reason people lose all their money.
Better to progress forward in smaller steps and keep some profit than lose it all one day, because you gonna get margin called sooner or later.
Thats for sure with 60% risk!

Take care!

Last edited by victor_db; Aug 27, 2011 at 4:31pm.
victor_db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2011, 6:43pm   #212
Joined Sep 2010

tkbieber started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor_db View Post
No offence mate, but may I ask you why its a "secret"?
Saying "secret" you're trying to force people to buy or invest in your system.
You should know that no EA with the same settings will produce the same results ever.
So even if you tell your "secret" people won't be able to reproduce your performace.
With this in mind your "secret" does worth nothing. Its only marketing, forcing people to pay you.

I have to tell you that a system with 90%+ win ratio can live for a very long time even with a risk of 60% per trade before it gets burned.
So you might get a good return on that couple of bucks, but definitely not $2 Million.

Just a suggestion:
I would withdraw 50% of profit and secure it everytime I double my acc or once a month. This way in case of a margin call I would not lose everything.
I think keeping all the money in the account all the time to be able to increase lots faster is somewhat greedy
and thats the main reason people lose all their money.
Better to progress forward in smaller steps and keep some profit than lose it all one day, because you gonna get margin called sooner or later.
Thats for sure with 60% risk!

Take care!
No offense taken. I'd never force anyone to invest with me. My friends and family are more than happy to join me in my quest and everyone else is free to watch. I challenge myself to this quest and no one else.

With regards to margin call. It all depends on what their leverage is. If you forget, 1:50 would margin one out a whole lot sooner then 1:200, 300, or 500.

I will take ZERO out of the account until the challenge is over. The magic of compounding would be lost if I kept taking out $. Don't forget, I have $100 invested in this venture. I am emotionally not attached and have close to nothing to lose anyway. Even if I lost 60% next week, I'd still be 140% over my $100 originally deposited. I'm already risk free.
tkbieber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2011, 9:29am   #213
Joined Feb 2011

Quote:
That's kind of my secret sauce but it's based around the Turbo Morning Trade system but with my own twist.
What is the entry system for the Turbo Morning Trade system? You don't need to tell us what your special sauce is if you don't want to.
shewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2011, 1:24pm   #214
Joined Sep 2010

tkbieber started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by shewolf View Post
What is the entry system for the Turbo Morning Trade system? You don't need to tell us what your special sauce is if you don't want to.
It enters a possible set-up every day at the same time as you can see by the history.
tkbieber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2011, 7:11am   #215
Joined Feb 2011

Quote:
It enters a possible set-up every day at the same time as you can see by the history.
I can see that it opens a position at 7.15am each day. Please do not treat us as idiots.
If you here to say that you have a secret sauce and that we have to pay you to know what it is, THEN GET OFF THE FORUMS AND SELL IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!

If you are here on T2W to assist other traders with trading set ups then please outline explain to us the trade entry system for the Turbo Morning Trade system. As I said earlier, what is the entry system for the Turbo Morning Trade system? You don't need to tell us what your special sauce is if you don't want to.
shewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2011, 8:06am   #216
Joined May 2011

Quote:
what is the entry system for the Turbo Morning Trade system
I am not sure he knows that unless he created The Turbo Morning Trade Expert Advisor.
You may not know how exactly an EA programmed to enter the market unless you wrote it.

But I can tell you for sure that the strategy is not complicated at all as it needs a 250 Pip stop loss to earn 25 Pip and thats not even happen all the time.

Last edited by victor_db; Aug 29, 2011 at 12:29pm.
victor_db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:38am   #217
Joined Sep 2010

Quote:
I can see that it opens a position at 7.15am each day. Please do not treat us as idiots.
If you here to say that you have a secret sauce and that we have to pay you to know what it is, THEN GET OFF THE FORUMS AND SELL IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!

If you are here on T2W to assist other traders with trading set ups then please outline explain to us the trade entry system for the Turbo Morning Trade system. As I said earlier, what is the entry system for the Turbo Morning Trade system? You don't need to tell us what your special sauce is if you don't want to.
That seems a reasonable question.