Currency trading on D1 time frame

This is a discussion on Currency trading on D1 time frame within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by trader_d I have two short positions on euro and added two short positions on audusd after it ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 12, 2012, 4:42am   #463
Joined Aug 2010
Re: Currency trading on D1 time frame

trader_d started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader_d View Post
I have two short positions on euro and added two short positions on audusd after it came out of its range bound period.

These are orders and status

(T02243) buy audusd @ 1.0740, s/l: 1.0587, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
stopped

(T03051) sell eurusd @ 1.3188, s/l: 1.3344, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
right now @ 1.3143, s/l moved to 1.3237

(T03052) sell limit eurusd @ 1.3241, s/l: 1.3344, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
activated and right now @ 1.3143, s/l moved to 1.3237

(T03071) sell audusd @ 1.0558, s/l: 1.0710, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
just opened

(T03072) sell limit audusd @ 1.0610, s/l: 1.0710, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
new sell limit order // not activated

MR = 1%

Trade well
well my euro sell positions stopped last week, but based on price action of Friday I'm short again on euro. Here are positions and status:

(T03051) sell eurusd @ 1.3188, s/l: 1.3344, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
stopped

(T03052) sell limit eurusd @ 1.3241, s/l: 1.3344, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
stopped

(T03071) sell audusd @ 1.0558, s/l: 1.0710, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
right now @ 1.0538, s/l moved to 1.0682

(T03072) sell limit audusd @ 1.0610, s/l: 1.0710, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
right now @ 1.0538, s/l moved to 1.0682

(T03121) sell eurusd @ 1.3097, s/l: 1.3287, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
just opened

(T03122) sell limit eurusd @ 1.3160, s/l: 1.3287, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
just opened

MR = 1%

Trade well
Attached Thumbnails
aud-12-mar.gif   eur-12-mar.gif  
trader_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:34am   #464
 
0 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
Re: Currency trading on D1 time frame

Hellow, I also trade on higher Time frames like you. But I am having Problems adjusting the TP and SL. Mostly SL

Can you please suggest a good value for SL and TP ? By the way, How long do you keep your trades open?? ( After How many hours do you close your trades? )
G Cheng is offline Trading system vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 4:24am   #465
Joined Aug 2010
Re: Currency trading on D1 time frame

trader_d started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Cheng View Post
Hellow, I also trade on higher Time frames like you. But I am having Problems adjusting the TP and SL. Mostly SL

Can you please suggest a good value for SL and TP ? By the way, How long do you keep your trades open?? ( After How many hours do you close your trades? )
Hi,

I can't suggest value of s/l or t/p for you, because those depend on your trading method. Regarding your second question my positions are open until s/l is hit. You should know that when my positions are in profit I move my s/l day by day.

Thanks and trade well
trader_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 4:28am   #466
Joined Aug 2010
Re: Currency trading on D1 time frame

trader_d started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader_d View Post
well my euro sell positions stopped last week, but based on price action of Friday I'm short again on euro. Here are positions and status:

(T03051) sell eurusd @ 1.3188, s/l: 1.3344, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
stopped

(T03052) sell limit eurusd @ 1.3241, s/l: 1.3344, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
stopped

(T03071) sell audusd @ 1.0558, s/l: 1.0710, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
right now @ 1.0538, s/l moved to 1.0682

(T03072) sell limit audusd @ 1.0610, s/l: 1.0710, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
right now @ 1.0538, s/l moved to 1.0682

(T03121) sell eurusd @ 1.3097, s/l: 1.3287, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
just opened

(T03122) sell limit eurusd @ 1.3160, s/l: 1.3287, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
just opened

MR = 1%

Trade well
Hi

positions status are

(T03071) sell audusd @ 1.0558, s/l: 1.0710, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
right now @ 1.0532, s/l moved to 1.0610

(T03072) sell limit audusd @ 1.0610, s/l: 1.0710, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
right now @ 1.0532, s/l moved to 1.0610

(T03121) sell eurusd @ 1.3097, s/l: 1.3287, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
right now @ 1.3069, s/l moved to 1.3210

(T03122) sell limit eurusd @ 1.3160, s/l: 1.3287, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
right now @ 1.3069, s/l moved to 1.3210


Trade well
trader_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 4:40am   #467
Joined Feb 2011
Re: Currency trading on D1 time frame

Hi trader_d,
I have been following your trading for some time now and I have great respect for your trading here.
You are posting all your trades in advance and you are being honest with all your positions.

However, I am starting to lose where you are on the equity curve. Would you please post your monthly results since you initiated this trade journal?
__________________
There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea.
zammitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 3:56am   #468
Joined Aug 2010
Re: Currency trading on D1 time frame

trader_d started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by zammitman View Post
Hi trader_d,
I have been following your trading for some time now and I have great respect for your trading here.
You are posting all your trades in advance and you are being honest with all your positions.

However, I am starting to lose where you are on the equity curve. Would you please post your monthly results since you initiated this trade journal?

My results up to 15-Nov-2011 are posted here. To update I need to complete my log sheet. I'll do that in a few days.

Thanks and trade well
trader_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 4:01am   #469
Joined Aug 2010
Re: Currency trading on D1 time frame

trader_d started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader_d View Post
Hi

positions status are

(T03071) sell audusd @ 1.0558, s/l: 1.0710, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
right now @ 1.0532, s/l moved to 1.0610

(T03072) sell limit audusd @ 1.0610, s/l: 1.0710, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
right now @ 1.0532, s/l moved to 1.0610

(T03121) sell eurusd @ 1.3097, s/l: 1.3287, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
right now @ 1.3069, s/l moved to 1.3210

(T03122) sell limit eurusd @ 1.3160, s/l: 1.3287, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
right now @ 1.3069, s/l moved to 1.3210


Trade well
Hi,
Yesterday both eurusd and audusd kept going lower. I moved my stoploss levels accordingly and added another sell limit order on audusd.
positions status are

(T03071) sell audusd @ 1.0558, s/l: 1.0710, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
right now @ 1.0462, s/l moved to 1.0563

(T03072) sell limit audusd @ 1.0610, s/l: 1.0710, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
right now @ 1.0462, s/l moved to 1.0563

(T03121) sell eurusd @ 1.3097, s/l: 1.3287, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
right now @ 1.3029, s/l moved to 1.3130

(T03122) sell limit eurusd @ 1.3160, s/l: 1.3287, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
right now @ 1.3029, s/l moved to 1.3130

(T03152) sell limit audusd @ 1.0492, s/l: 1.0563, t/p: 0.0000 (0.25 x MR)
new order, not activated


Trade well
Attached Thumbnails
aud-15-mar.gif   eur-15-mar.gif  
trader_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting a Life ... Position Trading the higher Time Frame Ingot54 Forex 47 Sep 18, 2010 3:17pm
Time Frame Trading, Multi-Timeframe ULTIMATEONE Spread Betting & CFDs 3 Jul 8, 2010 10:07am
Whatís Trading time frame? Markmuffin First Steps 4 Oct 20, 2009 11:00pm
The Two Time-Frame MA Trading System TheBuyerAndSeller Discretionary Trading 5 Feb 22, 2009 6:48pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)