200K Registered Members!!!

This is a discussion on 200K Registered Members!!! within the T2W Announcements forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen the active member part varies greatly from week to week, a lot of traffic is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 15, 2010, 1:55pm   #15
Joined Nov 2008
Re: 200K Registered Members!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen View Post
the active member part varies greatly from week to week, a lot of traffic is indeed new members, they sign up in droves every day. but you would be surprised how many pop in from past years and make up the visit number.

midweek where there were about 400+ individual member visits in a 24hr period, on other recent past occasions i recall 400+ members have been on all at once! it varies. there are sure plenty that stick with the site on a regular basis.

while i'm not privy to how the stats are compiled, the figure looks ok to me, i do believe that if all the multiples, banned spammers and all the general bad eggs that have been shown the door were indeed included, i suspect that the registered member figure would be close to 300k! that's how it is from how i can see it.

so that leaves me to congratulate t2w on this milestone
The real value for site owner/s is in the niche database of e-mail addys etc...a real goldmine in the right hands, easily a 1mil+ sales tag for the site as an entity, even in this climate. Looking at these stats I wonder how many of us are active/involved users of the site? I reckon I only spot about 200 regulars on my T2W travels...unless the other 5,500 have me on ignore...which wouldn't surprise me...

Currently Active Users: 715 (178 members and 537 guests)

Most users ever online was 5,571, May 22, 2007 at 7:35am.
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 2:00pm   #16

Joined Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen View Post
well funnily enough the actual member with the mark 666, signed up and has never (yet!) returned, wasn't evil enough here obviously.

but i have found another!

the mark of the beast is 12621

you'll never guess, shocking it is
Spanish or Wasp?
mb325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 3:31pm   #17

Joined Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
The real value for site owner/s is in the niche database of e-mail addys etc...a real goldmine in the right hands, easily a 1mil+ sales tag for the site as an entity, even in this climate.
Quite, but I'm going to hazard a guess that commission churning is better for sharky.

Capital Spreads said last year the average account opens with 2000. I think they also said it takes around 6 months for the amateur trader to lose this money.

Furthermore most of these adverts have bounce rates of around 3-6%, with probably 50% of those who click signing up for a demo account and 50% of those people, if they're first timers, signing up after the sales call arrives.

So according to LMQ there is / was 300,000 members. I'm going to raise that amount to 400,000 for guests over the last few years but also for the one off visitor from another forum.

3-6% of people = 16,000 visits
50% of those = 8,000 sign ups
95% of those = 7,600 accounts blow
7,600 generates average revenue of 15,200,000
6 months to blow up account = 35-40 trading days = probably 100-200 trades = 400 commission per estimate.

400 x 7,600 = 3,040,000

400 people churning commissions who didn't blow up. Etc

- Server fees and staff.

All hypothetical and even if you half these figures or distort them. For example I actually expect the hit rate of adverts to be quite high but the sign ups to be quite low. The figures are still pretty nice.

Just a bit of gental daydreaming.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 4:22pm   #18

Joined Jan 2007

Anyone who thinks Sharky makes 3 million from t2w needs their head examining!

But if he did, he'd deserve it. Imagine if we were all on city bulls
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

No nuisance spread betters please. Anyone else welcome.
arabianights is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Waterfield
Old Mar 15, 2010, 4:52pm   #19
Joined Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterfield View Post
Quite, but I'm going to hazard a guess that commission churning is better for sharky.

Capital Spreads said last year the average account opens with 2000. I think they also said it takes around 6 months for the amateur trader to lose this money.

Furthermore most of these adverts have bounce rates of around 3-6%, with probably 50% of those who click signing up for a demo account and 50% of those people, if they're first timers, signing up after the sales call arrives.

So according to LMQ there is / was 300,000 members. I'm going to raise that amount to 400,000 for guests over the last few years but also for the one off visitor from another forum.

3-6% of people = 16,000 visits
50% of those = 8,000 sign ups
95% of those = 7,600 accounts blow
7,600 generates average revenue of 15,200,000
6 months to blow up account = 35-40 trading days = probably 100-200 trades = 400 commission per estimate.

400 x 7,600 = 3,040,000

400 people churning commissions who didn't blow up. Etc

- Server fees and staff.

All hypothetical and even if you half these figures or distort them. For example I actually expect the hit rate of adverts to be quite high but the sign ups to be quite low. The figures are still pretty nice.

Just a bit of gental daydreaming.
Yep, the income streams just don't come from the database, the on-going commissions from the SB firms are lucrative; 1% per clients' T/O and up to 100 per account opening. However, I'd suggest T2W has generated approx. 3,000 account openings over the years...closer to 600K total income...Adverts generate iro 100K+ per year...

Sharky the boy's done well, probably (well definitely)..a lot better than most of us trading for a living...smart... I'll bet that amount of cash goes a long way on his cosmetic surgery in Rio...
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 6:28pm   #20
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb325 View Post
Spanish or Wasp?
No...the biggest beast of them all...shocking ! quite shocking !!

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 4:31pm   #21
Joined Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
I reckon I only spot about 200 regulars on my T2W travels...unless the other 5,500 have me on ignore...which wouldn't surprise me...
I knew that there was something I've been meaning to do .
maiden22 is offline   Reply With Quote