Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

This is a discussion on Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4 within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; Hi Jim I've asked this before on T2W, but you seem like the sort of person who'd know if there's ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 16, 2010, 9:03am   #689
Joined Jul 2010
Re: Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Hi Jim
I've asked this before on T2W, but you seem like the sort of person who'd know if there's an EA that allows orders to be dragged/modified directly on MT4 charts? Ideally, it would work like NinjaTrader, so you could scale in and out, with a line showing average price.
Ross Spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2010, 9:38am   #690
Joined Jun 2009

Hi Ross,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Spur View Post
Hi Jim
I've asked this before on T2W, but you seem like the sort of person who'd know if there's an EA that allows orders to be dragged/modified directly on MT4 charts?
Sorry but I've no idea.

I prefer my own trading to be fully automated, rather than merely "computer assisted". Personally I also prefer not to use MT4 whenever possible.

Jim
Old Oct 16, 2010, 11:27am   #691
Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trading Gurus View Post
Hi Ross,

Sorry but I've no idea.

I prefer my own trading to be fully automated, rather than merely "computer assisted". Personally I also prefer not to use MT4 whenever possible.

Jim
OK, Jim. I'd also prefer not to use MT4.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 11:54am   #692
Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Hi Jim
I've asked this before on T2W, but you seem like the sort of person who'd know if there's an EA that allows orders to be dragged/modified directly on MT4 charts? Ideally, it would work like NinjaTrader, so you could scale in and out, with a line showing average price.
Ross, check out Easy_v2 EA. You can make adjustment by dragging the SL and Target lines directly on the chart. However with this EA I got some problems with getting the correct stop loss on every trade. I think one has to test it on a live account in order to see if it really works in live trading.
gle101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2010, 8:49am   #693
Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gle101 View Post
Ross, check out Easy_v2 EA. You can make adjustment by dragging the SL and Target lines directly on the chart. However with this EA I got some problems with getting the correct stop loss on every trade. I think one has to test it on a live account in order to see if it really works in live trading.
Thanks, gle. Only trouble now is that I can't seem to make new EAs show on my MT4. They're all in the correct folder, but only the two supplied originally appear in the list. Any ideas?
Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:34am   #694
Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Thanks, gle. Only trouble now is that I can't seem to make new EAs show on my MT4. They're all in the correct folder, but only the two supplied originally appear in the list. Any ideas?
I take it you have restarted MT4 And if you have a live account by logging in to the website and ask EA's to be enabled.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 11:06am   #695
Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gle101 View Post
I take it you have restarted MT4 And if you have a live account by logging in to the website and ask EA's to be enabled.
Fixed it -- discovered I had part of an old version of MT4 in another directory. Demo account still doesn't work, though.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 11:11am   #696
Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Fixed it -- discovered I had part of an old version of MT4 in another directory. Demo account still doesn't work, though.
No problem on my demo account.