Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

This is a discussion on Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4 within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by gle101 Yes, right setup, very important in trading as we all know. solution: have a different MT4 ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 4, 2011, 2:45pm   #861
Joined Jan 2008
Re: Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gle101 View Post
Yes, right setup, very important in trading as we all know.
solution: have a different MT4 terminal to trade within

the system slows down mt4.........
francisfinley is offline Trading system vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2011, 4:25pm   #862
Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by francisfinley View Post
solution: have a different MT4 terminal to trade within

the system slows down mt4.........
Have you tried pressing contol/alt/del to check out what's running and how much memory there is to spare?
Ross Spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2011, 4:28pm   #863
Joined Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Spur View Post
Have you tried pressing contol/alt/del to check out what's running and how much memory there is to spare?
its the range bars not catching up which is the biggest thing...simply need quadcore 8gb ram for this system on mt4....
Old Jan 4, 2011, 7:48pm   #864
Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by francisfinley View Post
its the range bars not catching up which is the biggest thing...simply need quadcore 8gb ram for this system on mt4....
You sure about that?
Ross Spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2011, 11:18pm   #865
Joined Jan 2005

I'm running MT4 using Virtual server machines on Windows XP using a basic dual core AMD with 2GB of RAM. I have two MT4 platforms running independantly one using Smartlive the other is linked to another broker, one server is solely an IIS server with FTP configured. The main XP box is running intensive VB scripts 24 hours a day and the total CPU useage is about 60% max when the script is analysing the data. It might be worth looking at the virtual route soley for the MT4 platforms as it allows you to run multiple broker platforms on one standard workstation box. I use a VM package called Oracle Virtual box and it's free open source software. Definately worth looking into if you'd like to simultaneously test MT4 platforms on a very basic PC system. I have to say Smartlive on MT4 is working smooth a silk so far - fingers crossed.
easytimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2011, 1:28am   #866
Joined Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by easytimes View Post
I'm running MT4 using Virtual server machines on Windows XP using a basic dual core AMD with 2GB of RAM. I have two MT4 platforms running independantly one using Smartlive the other is linked to another broker, one server is solely an IIS server with FTP configured. The main XP box is running intensive VB scripts 24 hours a day and the total CPU useage is about 60% max when the script is analysing the data. It might be worth looking at the virtual route soley for the MT4 platforms as it allows you to run multiple broker platforms on one standard workstation box. I use a VM package called Oracle Virtual box and it's free open source software. Definately worth looking into if you'd like to simultaneously test MT4 platforms on a very basic PC system. I have to say Smartlive on MT4 is working smooth a silk so far - fingers crossed.
yeah i build everything in VM's - snapshots are brilliant to just go back to where i was.
the problem really is MT4 and other components that run like pigs.
im running a digital filter on this particular system and the lag setting just makes everything grind to a halt - its just MT4.....
i have changed the setting in the range bars to update every millisecond as opposed to realtime but its still painful - did i mention i run vista - oh yes. im so lazy i cant be bothered to change it back to xp - its cack for running vms too...

ill go back to a desktop soon with enough wack to run several vms in workstation....

best of a bad job as im running stuff not as it was intended - ie to the max.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 7:31am   #867
Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Live Markets View Post
Hi
Absolutely, and I would not suggest anything else.
Also of course members can help each other as well.
We just want to provide the best service to clients we can.

Regards
SLM
Have you been considering offering the DAX30SB at 1 point spread an hour earlier in the morning? Most of the SB companies switch from off hours trading to this timing for the DAX index.
gle101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:23am   #868
Joined Jan 2006

Anyone besides me have a problem with slippage? This especially on the stop loss.
gle101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2011, 10:51am   #869
Joined Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by gle101 View Post
Anyone besides me have a problem with slippage? This especially on the stop loss.
not yet only the invalid prices which is probably to do more with mt4 and my machine.....

will keep an eye on it.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 9:54am   #870
Joined Oct 2008

SLM
One Thing I would point out to owners is that I would suggest they try and get a faster feed. This morning's spike down (GBPUSD) on news was over 2 seconds slower than all my other brokers. I have noticed this on other news releases as well....Maybe it is just my connection to SB. But I doubt it because I have AUS broker that has quicker chart updates during news.... Maybe something to watch.... I haven't tried to see if the old prices are tradeable but would be a shame for you if they are because it seems to be rigged against you!

hth
ll
littleluca is offline   Reply With Quote