prospreads.com

This is a discussion on prospreads.com within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; check the comaprison...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 2, 2009, 12:38pm   #91
tar

Joined Nov 2006
check the comaprison
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 12:44pm   #92
tar

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by nash02 View Post
Tar

I need to get to the bottom of this. Why is it that I just don't get it?

Let me say I make a profit of £200 on 1 contract of FTSE. At a spread of 1 point the cost of transaction is £10 at the moment and will fall to £5 when I hit 200 trades.

Unless one is a skimmer/scalper taking profits at 2 points advance in FTSE, I don't see £5 on £195 profit as a huge commission. I save tax @ at least 20% rate so thats additional benefit of £40.

Someone enlighten me please.
u will not pay tax on every trade only on your annual net income ...
Old Sep 2, 2009, 1:03pm   #93
Joined Aug 2009
Quote:
Tar

Let me say I make a profit of £200 on 1 contract of FTSE. At a spread of 1 point the cost of transaction is £10 at the moment and will fall to £5 when I hit 200 trades.

Unless one is a skimmer/scalper taking profits at 2 points advance in FTSE, I don't see £5 on £195 profit as a huge commission. I save tax @ at least 20% rate so thats additional benefit of £40.

In reality it's more complicated than that, but if you're trading longer time frames and bigger targets you don't really benefit much from the speed of the Prospreads platform, so why not just use ordinary spread bet? You'll have just 1pt spread on FTSE and DAX, 2pt on Dow/YM, and shouldn't have too many problems with requotes and rejections.
Jack Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 1:04pm   #94

Joined Mar 2007
dont you pay cgt on broker profit if so you have not factored in cgt allowance
GN
Emini-mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 5:11pm   #95
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Tar

The problem is that you have to make 200 contracts a month in order to pay only £2.5 commission, 200 contracts is quite a lot. If you calculate on what you pay in commission, you pay 0.5 spread=£5 (0-200). If your entry target in the real market is 0.5 spread, this will equal to 1 point spread, the commission included. Quite good, compared to other SB's as you are trading the real Z-future. On the other hand, if your entry is at 1 whole point (2x0.5 tick) real market spread this will equal to 1.5 spread included the commission. Compare this to IB commission on the FTSE when you are comparing it with Prospreads. Paying tax is not a bad thing, also you can deduct losses if you trading ends up in red at the end of the year. Taxes can also in some countries add to you future social benefits as well. I do not trade the FTSE future, please correct me if my calculation is wrong in this matter.
gle101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2009, 6:43pm   #96
2be

Joined Feb 2007
Any news on spotfx being offerred on this platform?
2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2009, 3:46pm   #97
Joined Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Hughes View Post
In reality it's more complicated than that, but if you're trading longer time frames and bigger targets you don't really benefit much from the speed of the Prospreads platform, so why not just use ordinary spread bet? You'll have just 1pt spread on FTSE and DAX, 2pt on Dow/YM, and shouldn't have too many problems with requotes and rejections.
But you will get problems with re quotes and slow fills when you are winning with other SB, not with ProSpreads.
ProSpreads is offline Trading system vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2009, 3:49pm   #98
Joined Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2be View Post
Any news on spotfx being offerred on this platform?
We are just waiting for a few things to be upgraded, it has been going on for a while but we dont want to offer anything thats not 100%.
It is coming v-soon.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 6:40pm   #99
Joined Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProSpreads View Post
But you will get problems with re quotes and slow fills when you are winning with other SB, not with ProSpreads.
But surely that never, ever happens with Capital Spreads, and other LCG companies?
Jack Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2009, 6:49pm   #100
Joined Jul 2009
Quote:
But surely that never, ever happens with Capital Spreads, and other LCG companies?
Jack

At ProSpreads we offer DMA, so basically if the mkt is offered or bid you will be filled, instantly. We offer a different method of spread betting to the others.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 7:26pm   #101
tar

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
lol
Old Sep 9, 2009, 11:50am   #102
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Jack

At ProSpreads we offer DMA, so basically if the mkt is offered or bid you will be filled, instantly. We offer a different method of spread betting to the others.
Where is Simon these days?
Old Sep 9, 2009, 11:53am   #103
Joined Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by gle101 View Post
Where is Simon these days?
he's around, Gibraltar and London
Old Sep 9, 2009, 11:59am   #104
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
he's around, Gibraltar and London
Yes, but I am kind of missing him on the CS thread. He has not been around for quite a while now and the thread is not the same without him.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 12:26pm   #105
Joined Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by gle101 View Post
Yes, but I am kind of missing him on the CS thread. He has not been around for quite a while now and the thread is not the same without him.
Gle

we are talking about 2 different people here, SD is Capital and SB is ProSpreads.
As i have mentioned before we are owned by the same company LCG, but offer different spreadbetting platforms.