prospreads.com

This is a discussion on prospreads.com within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by ProSpreads As we have said before, the help we are getting to rectify this problem from ninja ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 12, 2009, 12:05pm   #49

Joined Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProSpreads View Post
As we have said before, the help we are getting to rectify this problem from ninja has not been the best . . .
Tbh I've found the guys at Ninja to be totally useless in this area and had little interest in sorting out problems.
(background : real time data API connectivity in an trading flor environment is a big part of my job, I know what I'm talking about)
A Dashing Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2009, 12:32pm   #50
Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dashing Blade View Post
Tbh I've found the guys at Ninja to be totally useless in this area and had little interest in sorting out problems.
(background : real time data API connectivity in an trading flor environment is a big part of my job, I know what I'm talking about)
That may be the case, but as far as I know Ninja are ready and waiting to test this stuff. But the changes have to be made in the API first, and that is under the control of Prospreads or their supplier.
Xeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2009, 11:51pm   #51
2be

Joined Feb 2007
Once Prospreads sort out few things with Proreal and FX cash, they will be difficult to beat, as they are DMA and spreadbetting at the same time. Level2 is also available and the volume will be incorporated (so I have been told) with the charting package. Good for VSA, even though FX volume is based on tick volume, but with much wider field that any spreadbetting MM is offering so far. For indexes and commodities it also shall be very useful. A bit of fresh air.
2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2009, 11:35am   #52
Joined Feb 2008
Prospreads Indices

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2be View Post
Once Prospreads sort out few things with Proreal and FX cash, they will be difficult to beat, as they are DMA and spreadbetting at the same time. Level2 is also available and the volume will be incorporated (so I have been told) with the charting package. Good for VSA, even though FX volume is based on tick volume, but with much wider field that any spreadbetting MM is offering so far. For indexes and commodities it also shall be very useful. A bit of fresh air.
I've just done my first trade on Prospreads. boy the platform is blisteringly fast and spreads are pretty good. My problem is their overnight margins are pretty steep - £3500 for 1 lot of FTSE (£10). I can do 4 times more trades with IG. Has anybody managed to negotiate lower margins?

All my bets (without exception) are almost prefectly hedged so they dont really eat up capital. I'm going to try if they will negotiate on margins as long as I continue to hedge.
nash02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2009, 1:28pm   #53
2be

Joined Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by nash02 View Post
I've just done my first trade on Prospreads. boy the platform is blisteringly fast and spreads are pretty good. My problem is their overnight margins are pretty steep - £3500 for 1 lot of FTSE (£10). I can do 4 times more trades with IG. Has anybody managed to negotiate lower margins?

All my bets (without exception) are almost prefectly hedged so they dont really eat up capital. I'm going to try if they will negotiate on margins as long as I continue to hedge.
Yes the overnight margins are very high, possibly to protect both themselves and the trader. Their daytime margins are much better.
For the time being they are good for day trading, due to these very large overnight margins.
2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2009, 12:40am   #54

Joined Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2be View Post
Yes the overnight margins are very high, possibly to protect both themselves and the trader. Their daytime margins are much better.
For the time being they are good for day trading, due to these very large overnight margins.
2BE,

What are the day trading margins for FTSE and YM.

Not holding overnight.

Ged

And as somebody else pointed out to me on T2W.

THE WISEST MAN LEARNS BY HIS AND OTHER PEOPLES MISTAKES...................

Is diarrhoea hereditory or does it just run in your genes
gedward3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2009, 2:42am   #55
Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by gedward3 View Post
2BE,

What are the day trading margins for FTSE and YM.

Not holding overnight.

Ged
1/4 of overnight margin
nash02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2009, 1:32pm   #56

Joined Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by nash02 View Post
1/4 of overnight margin
Cheers

And as somebody else pointed out to me on T2W.

THE WISEST MAN LEARNS BY HIS AND OTHER PEOPLES MISTAKES...................

Is diarrhoea hereditory or does it just run in your genes
gedward3 is offline   Reply With Quote