prospreads.com

This is a discussion on prospreads.com within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by Phil Mibbutz Does Prospreads have a substitute for Ninja with chart trading facility? not at the moment ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 8, 2009, 12:33pm   #17
Joined Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Mibbutz View Post
Does Prospreads have a substitute for Ninja with chart trading facility?
not at the moment but we are looking at different automated systems.
ProSpreads is offline Trading system vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2009, 1:20pm   #18
Joined Feb 2007
only there own platform.. i trying it out now on demo mode.. no stop strategies like ninja
johncare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2009, 1:26pm   #19
Joined Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncare View Post
only there own platform.. i trying it out now on demo mode.. no stop strategies like ninja
regards stops, stop limit, trailing stop, actual stop and OCO'S are all available.
it is a manual input platform for the more advanced trader.
ProSpreads is offline Trading system vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:48pm   #20
Joined Feb 2007
not 2 my knowledge

i run my charts on ninja with zenfire and e signal data feeds

but prospreads are following r posts . so they may comment if they have something i not aware off
johncare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:19am   #21
Joined Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncare View Post
not 2 my knowledge

i run my charts on ninja with zenfire and e signal data feeds

but prospreads are following r posts . so they may comment if they have something i not aware off
why dont you ask them questions by calling, if you are using the demo and have been using ninja live through them, you must have spoken before.
do you trade in size john ?
pit pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2009, 1:12pm   #22
Joined Oct 2007
Get instant fils with these people, however the cost of the spread is same as any other SB firm in some cases slightly wider.
Dax is a good one with these.

Down side no charts or news and the margins are higher too, but over all a good service all round.
TomTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2009, 8:49pm   #23
Joined Jun 2003
ProRealTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProSpreads View Post
not at the moment but we are looking at different automated systems.
FuturesBetting were looking at using the ProRealTime platform.
Did this not work out?
JohnHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2009, 8:59pm   #24
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Good, but Not Cheap?

I'm looking for a futures broker to trade the E-mini Dow (YM) and ProSpreads are one of the brokers I'm considering. However, in spite of the pro's in ProSpreads (which I accept are good), the con's strike me as being considerable. The issue - as ever with SB companies - is the dreaded spread. Here's my take on the situation. If I'm wrong - or I've overlooked anything - please correct me . . .

As I understand it, ProSpreads add in a fixed number of points to the spread which varies according to the underlying instrument. "0-200 Spread: This is the fixed spread charge that is added to the underlying market spread to produce the ProSpreads spread bet price. For the first 200 lots (where I lot = minimum stake size) traded in any one month, across all products)." In the case of YM, it's 2 points for the first 200 contracts traded. This equates to $10 per contract. So, suppose I average 5 trades a day of 2 contracts each (or 10 trades of 1 contract), I'll pay $100 per day in 'commission' (via the spread) or $2,000 per month. To receive the 'discount' of 1 point instead of 2 being added to the spread, I'll either need to do more trades per month or add more contracts. When viewed this way, the deep discount direct access brokers suddenly look very attractive, especially when one considers (as has been mentioned already) that ProSpreads don't offer any kind of charting package. So, anyone who needs one (as I do), will have to source that elsewhere at additional cost. Perhaps my maths is wrong or I've misunderstood something but, at the moment, even allowing for the tax free status, I'm not convinced that ProSpreads are a very economical solution.
Thoughts anyone?
Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is online now   Reply With Quote