colmex

This is a discussion on colmex within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; I recently came across this trading/CFD broker? I learnt of them through watching this guys trading vids on youtube Is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:08am   #1
Joined Jun 2012
colmex

I recently came across this trading/CFD broker?
I learnt of them through watching this guys trading vids on youtube

Is anyone with them?
It appears they offer CFD trading, but with actual market spreads, and a proper fast, direct access platform.

I plan to demo their software at some point, but wondered if anyone has any experience with them.

Their service 'look's and sounds like what I'm after. I'm surprised that they seem to unknown though. Maybe even concerned!

Are there any alarm bells that i'm missing (regulations? place that they're based?) that should warn me off of the idea?
scholfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2013, 10:05am   #2
Joined Jun 2012
scholfield started this thread I didn't even include a link to the site!:
http://www.colmexpro.com/
Old Oct 5, 2013, 5:05pm   #3
Joined Jun 2012
scholfield started this thread Zero response, so I guess nobody's heard of them. Fair enough.

What checks do I need to make to ensure that my money is safe?

I've been waiting for a long time to see a CFD company come up with a platform than is just like a 'proper' direct access market platform with the same market spreads. I'm not sure how they do it.
People like CMC for example, have their own spreads added onto the market spread. Not these guys.

I'm tempted, but am not sure how safe it all is.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 7:01pm   #4
Joined Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by scholfield View Post
Zero response, so I guess nobody's heard of them. Fair enough.

What checks do I need to make to ensure that my money is safe?

I've been waiting for a long time to see a CFD company come up with a platform than is just like a 'proper' direct access market platform with the same market spreads. I'm not sure how they do it.
People like CMC for example, have their own spreads added onto the market spread. Not these guys.

I'm tempted, but am not sure how safe it all is.
It's just another Cyprus registered 'broker', there's a reason these companies register themselves in 3rd world jurisdictions and it's not the weather. Your money is at risk with all of these offshore brokers. Stick to UK regulated brokers, at least if they steal your money you will have some access to compensation.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2013, 7:51pm   #5
Joined Jun 2012
scholfield started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by pboyles View Post
It's just another Cyprus registered 'broker', there's a reason these companies register themselves in 3rd world jurisdictions and it's not the weather. Your money is at risk with all of these offshore brokers. Stick to UK regulated brokers, at least if they steal your money you will have some access to compensation.
Thanks for replying.
I guess it's not worth the risk.
Bit of a shame. I thought i'd found what i've been looking for for some time now.
I guess if I ever decide to trade equities, all have to fork up the 25k and trade with someone like IB.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 12:36am   #6

7 Posts
Joined Dec 2013
I looked at Colmex Pro as well - it looks like a great platform... does nobody else use it?
sexytimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2014, 6:37pm   #7

3 Posts
Joined Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pboyles View Post
Not true! I have an account with Colmex since 2008. Colmex is an EU regulated financial institution, which means that when you deposit funds with them, your funds are insured up to 20,000 EUR, and held in segregated bank accounts. If your funds are EU insured - you are fine as long as the EU don't go bust.
Is it better to trade with a UK broker and see your money disappear on spreads? Is this a good insurance? This way your money will be lost for sure, with or without insurance
USTRADER is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:21pm   #8
Joined Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by USTRADER View Post
Not true! I have an account with Colmex since 2008. Colmex is an EU regulated financial institution, which means that when you deposit funds with them, your funds are insured up to 20,000 EUR, and held in segregated bank accounts. If your funds are EU insured - you are fine as long as the EU don't go bust.
Is it better to trade with a UK broker and see your money disappear on spreads? Is this a good insurance? This way your money will be lost for sure, with or without insurance
Each to their own. I wouldnít take the risk. Itís £50k insurance in the UK.

Donít Colmex charge a spread?
Hate2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote