We had a good run didn't we?

This is a discussion on We had a good run didn't we? within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; Talking about US indices here. A good run but its over?...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:24pm   #1
 
piphoe's Avatar
Joined Oct 2015
We had a good run didn't we?

Talking about US indices here. A good run but its over?
__________________
they play so bad why do they punish me
phil hellmuth
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:30pm   #2
Joined Apr 2016
It's not over until it's over. It will hit you when you least expect it.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:34pm   #3
 
piphoe's Avatar
Joined Oct 2015
piphoe started this thread why go any higher here? buy the rumor sell the news. sell the rumor...
__________________
they play so bad why do they punish me
phil hellmuth
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:36pm   #4
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
why go any higher here? buy the rumor sell the news.
They have to keep pushing to force people to go long. Then they dump on the lot of them.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:40pm   #5
 
piphoe's Avatar
Joined Oct 2015
piphoe started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
They have to keep pushing to force people to go long. Then they dump on the lot of them.
this is the dump? this doen't feel good from here.
__________________
they play so bad why do they punish me
phil hellmuth
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:45pm   #6
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
this is the dump? this doen't feel good from here.
It will be the dump once everyone and their dog are long. Are they ?
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:46pm   #7
Joined Apr 2016
The dax and nekkei haven't been taken to all time highs yet. A dump seems premature now.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:52pm   #8
 
piphoe's Avatar
Joined Oct 2015
piphoe started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
The dax and nekkei haven't been taken to all time highs yet. A dump seems premature now.

straight up today off the open, i call BS on that. On a thurs. that;s all i am saying.
__________________
they play so bad why do they punish me
phil hellmuth
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:54pm   #9
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
straight up today off the open, i call BS on that. On a thurs. that;s all i am saying.
Maybe it's BS. But they are not at all time highs. They have to go there to kill all the shorts. They think my stops are there for instance.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:05pm   #10
 
piphoe's Avatar
Joined Oct 2015
piphoe started this thread i have a seriously sour feeling in my stomach...screaming "why go higher?"

"lower is easier"

is eeasier to get longs to sell here than it is to get shorts to cover...thats whats screaming at me
__________________
they play so bad why do they punish me
phil hellmuth
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:08pm   #11
 
piphoe's Avatar
Joined Oct 2015
piphoe started this thread

you are in over your head
__________________
they play so bad why do they punish me
phil hellmuth
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: IceMan
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:10pm   #12
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
i have a seriously sour feeling in my stomach...screaming "why go higher?"

"lower is easier"
You don't have to trade them. There are plenty of other things to trade.

There is simply no way to tell when they will stop pushing.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:16pm   #13
 
piphoe's Avatar
Joined Oct 2015
piphoe started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
You don't have to trade them. There are plenty of other things to trade.

There is simply no way to tell when they will stop pushing.
a good place to burn confident longs imo. a thurs nothing happening on the slate thru weekend.

YOU aren't buying any more here are you
__________________
they play so bad why do they punish me
phil hellmuth
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:21pm   #14
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
a good place to burn confident longs imo. a thurs nothing happening on the slate thru weekend.

YOU aren't buying any more here are you
Nope, a crash will do nicely with what I have got. It is not necessary to go all in when opportunities are available else where. Nothing wrong with wheat you know ? People will always need bread.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:51pm   #15
 
piphoe's Avatar
Joined Oct 2015
piphoe started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
Nope, a crash will do nicely with what I have got. It is not necessary to go all in when opportunities are available else where. Nothing wrong with wheat you know ? People will always need bread.
i wasn't speaking to you no way, you aren't over your head. i was speaking to me, myself & I

always second guessing myself
__________________
they play so bad why do they punish me
phil hellmuth
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Run rabbit, run. bunnygirl Trading Journals 169 May 30, 2016 11:19pm
13 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Saved By The Bell daroth The Foyer 6 Jun 15, 2011 6:27pm
IB TWS - Why Didn't My Stop Trigger? jonnyy40 Brokerages 2 Oct 24, 2003 10:50am
Didn't I say that ATN................ traderx Stocks 3 Nov 30, 2000 10:37pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)