We had a good run didn't we?

This is a discussion on We had a good run didn't we? within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; How long have you been doing this ?...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:00pm   #46
Joined Apr 2016
How long have you been doing this ?
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:03pm   #47
 
piphoe's Avatar
Joined Oct 2015
piphoe started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
How long have you been doing this ?
a few years...i dabbled before that.
__________________
they play so bad why do they punish me
phil hellmuth
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:40pm   #48
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
a few years...i dabbled before that.
Then you must have tried everything there is to try in terms of strategy. If after all that time, you haven't found something, then you are probably not going to. There remains a possibility of finding an inspiration from within yourself. For that to work, you'd have to do real trades.

For learning, the indices are no use because the margin requirements are too high. That's no problem if you have plenty of money.

If you trade forex with a broker like oanda, you can trade as little as a few cents. Then you can do real trades and still it will be cheap. Demo trades are no use, and you won't learn anything from them. So to discover if there is anything within yourself that allows you to succeed, you have to do real trades
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:43pm   #49
 
itspossible's Avatar
Joined Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
Then you must have tried everything there is to try in terms of strategy. If after all that time, you haven't found something, then you are probably not going to. There remains a possibility of finding an inspiration from within yourself. For that to work, you'd have to do real trades.

For learning, the indices are no use because the margin requirements are too high. That's no problem if you have plenty of money.

If you trade forex with a broker like oanda, you can trade as little as a few cents. Then you can do real trades and still it will be cheap. Demo trades are no use, and you won't learn anything from them. So to discover if there is anything within yourself that allows you to succeed, you have to do real trades
use his method pip-just ignore huge underwater trades whilst scalping peanuts-make sure you have a million in the bank for margin calls though
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
i'm lying for the attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
reloading another "K" next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
you don't really have an orange juice position do you?
itspossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:46pm   #50
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by itspossible View Post
use his method pip-just ignore huge underwater trades whilst scalping peanuts-make sure you have a million in the bank for margin calls though
Why are you telling piphoe to do porkishop ? Didn't you say it's bad ?
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:53pm   #51
 
itspossible's Avatar
Joined Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
Why are you telling piphoe to do porkishop ? Didn't you say it's bad ?
ashsyhyhdnvfkmv flv,l;ttb,l;tb,l;yn;yln,;ulmlyg;,fl;v;derlv rklb rl v/c.s., vsd,mglrtp[rl[e #l,ldwe,f#pwrmgl'wva#,'w
l;efmw#;'gmwekthm#mwthm#mlh mwqrm2g#tbl,#ql,
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
i'm lying for the attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
reloading another "K" next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
you don't really have an orange juice position do you?
itspossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:00pm   #52
 
piphoe's Avatar
Joined Oct 2015
piphoe started this thread short YM 353 Simulation trade

Zen trade
__________________
they play so bad why do they punish me
phil hellmuth
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:41pm   #53
 
piphoe's Avatar
Joined Oct 2015
piphoe started this thread sellllllllllllllll offfffffffffffffffffffffffff!
__________________
they play so bad why do they punish me
phil hellmuth
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:52pm   #54
Joined Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
sellllllllllllllll offfffffffffffffffffffffffff!
noooooooooooooooooooo
__________________
Dumb luck does not balance out needless risk
brewski1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:56pm   #55
 
piphoe's Avatar
Joined Oct 2015
piphoe started this thread yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
__________________
they play so bad why do they punish me
phil hellmuth
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:00pm   #56
 
piphoe's Avatar
Joined Oct 2015
piphoe started this thread sorry, brew i know its real $ YOU are trading and i don't wish you losses

but this is a zero - sum game and i can't do anything about that.
__________________
they play so bad why do they punish me
phil hellmuth
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:03pm   #57
 
cbrads's Avatar
Joined Mar 2014
Hi Pip, what are you self-medicating with this week?

Can I have some please
cbrads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:09pm   #58
 
piphoe's Avatar
Joined Oct 2015
piphoe started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrads View Post
Hi Pip, what are you self-medicating with this week?

Can I have some please

just had my "prescription" REFILLED, cheers
__________________
they play so bad why do they punish me
phil hellmuth

Last edited by piphoe; Oct 26, 2017 at 3:15pm.
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:19pm   #59
Joined Sep 2010
No worries pip you can have 30 points before it gets ripped back up
__________________
Dumb luck does not balance out needless risk
brewski1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:20pm   #60
 
piphoe's Avatar
Joined Oct 2015
piphoe started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1984 View Post
No worries pip you can have 30 points before it gets ripped back up

Not so sure as you my GUT says this is ugly
__________________
they play so bad why do they punish me
phil hellmuth
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Run rabbit, run. bunnygirl Trading Journals 169 May 30, 2016 11:19pm
13 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Saved By The Bell daroth The Foyer 6 Jun 15, 2011 6:27pm
IB TWS - Why Didn't My Stop Trigger? jonnyy40 Brokerages 2 Oct 24, 2003 10:50am
Didn't I say that ATN................ traderx Stocks 3 Nov 30, 2000 10:37pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)