Trading Without Charts?

This is a discussion on Trading Without Charts? within the Home Trader forums, part of the Trading Career category; Originally Posted by TreyTzu why would you ever wanna trade without charts Because they . . . 1. reduce the ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 1, 2009, 12:23pm   #25
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.
 
timsk's Avatar
Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyTzu View Post
why would you ever wanna trade without charts
Because they . . .
1. reduce the screen real estate required which saves money on monitors.
2. reduce / eradicate subscription fees to a data / charting provider.
3. do not help (and may even hinder) your trading performance.
That's for traders who don't need or want charts. For those of us that do, point 3 does not apply and we can only do our best to mitigate the effects of points 1 and 2.
__________________
I'm New To T2W - Where Do I Start? - a must read for anyone new to T2W
I'm New To TRADING – Where Do I Start? - a must read for anyone new to TRADING
The Trading Plan Template - a must read for anyone without a proper TRADING PLAN
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: tenbobtrader
Old Sep 1, 2009, 12:36pm   #26
 
TreyTzu's Avatar
Joined Nov 2008
most charts are free nowadays provided by brokers and its not like everyone who trades has to go buy ten screens.... those who have multiple screens do so perhaps out of personal preference
TreyTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2009, 12:57pm   #27
Joined May 2008
Not been trading long have you?
Technically Fundamental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2009, 1:01pm   #28
 
TreyTzu's Avatar
Joined Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technically Fundamental View Post
Not been trading long have you?
if you are referring to me , wat made you say that
TreyTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2009, 1:04pm   #29
Joined May 2008
The fact you said that charts are free when there are charts and there are charts and that multiple screens are personal preference
Technically Fundamental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2009, 1:22pm   #30
 
TreyTzu's Avatar
Joined Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technically Fundamental View Post
The fact you said that charts are free when there are charts and there are charts and that multiple screens are personal preference
i dont understand your statement about free charts ?

anyway it is a personal preference for multiple screens, some have 2 monitors some have 3 some have 4 so yes it is personal ....there is no fixed rule as to how many screens you need so whatever point you are tryin to make i am still confused
TreyTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2009, 1:29pm   #31
Joined May 2008
Some charts are sh1t. Any serious day trader needs more than one monitor.
Technically Fundamental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2009, 1:36pm   #32
 
TreyTzu's Avatar
Joined Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technically Fundamental View Post
Some charts are sh1t. Any serious day trader needs more than one monitor.
i was unaware that some charts are sh!t...

can you tell me which ones to look out for from your own experience

Last edited by TreyTzu; Sep 1, 2009 at 1:45pm.
TreyTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mr. Charts Trading Set up timsk Stocks 3 Sep 7, 2008 8:15pm
Anyone Trading on 4hr Charts ? Iqbal Forex 41 May 25, 2006 8:27am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)