Learning profitable automated trading

This is a discussion on Learning profitable automated trading within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; I think I downloaded all the files and put them where the opening post advised, and then went to file ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 12, 2010, 5:23pm   #50

Joined Jun 2002
Re: Learning profitable automated trading

I think I downloaded all the files and put them where the opening post advised, and then went to file - profiles, and selected V2 entertainment auto trade.....?.. what have i done wrong?
temporarilylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2010, 5:31pm   #51

Joined Nov 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildaytrader View Post
Almost 60 to 70 hours a week for last three years.This time includes time spent on other software not posted in this thread.The whole job includes developing and testing custom indicators,exit experts,trade management experts like profit manager expert to manage profits on 30 trading experts,library files and scripts etc
Its definately a lot more work than people realise. 3 years full time, if your prepared to make sacrifices seams to me to be a realistic timeframe, and I cant imagine anyone doing it any faster. With the benefit of hindsight, do you think you could have completed the project any faster, and what would you have done different ?
zupcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2010, 5:46pm   #52
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by zupcon View Post
Its definately a lot more work than people realise. 3 years full time, if your prepared to make sacrifices seams to me to be a realistic timeframe, and I cant imagine anyone doing it any faster. With the benefit of hindsight, do you think you could have completed the project any faster, and what would you have done different ?
Actually it is very simple and straightforward , very much like somebody showing giving the roadmap to a goldmine.The guy whose spirits drew the map took years.

oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2010, 6:00pm   #53
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporarilylight View Post
I think I downloaded all the files and put them where the opening post advised, and then went to file - profiles, and selected V2 entertainment auto trade.....?.. what have i done wrong?

Remove all EAS form charts and reset as follows

chart 1 Euro/usd v2 oilfxprocable
chart 2 v2 eur usd oilfxprocable p m
chart 3 gbp usd oilfxprocable
chart 4 bp usd oilfxprocable p m
chart 5 dax v2 oilfxpro dax am
chart 6 wti v2 oilfxprooil
chart 7 dax oilfxpro dax
chart 8 gasoil v2 oilfxpro gasoil
chart 9 ws30 v2 oilfxpro dow
chart 10 usd yen v2 oilfxprocable usd yen
chart 11 euro gbp v2 oilfxprocable egp
chart 12 a p v2 oilfxpro gasoil
chart 13 v2 gold oilfxprodax
chart14 silver oilfxpro cable

after loading save profile as default
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2010, 6:20pm   #54

Joined Nov 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildaytrader View Post
Actually it is very simple and straightforward , very much like somebody showing giving the roadmap to a goldmine.
Yes, thats a very good analogy.
zupcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2010, 10:57pm   #55
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread Here is the Amarnath Gas blow out expert advisor, named after the infamous hedge fund which blew up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaranth_Advisors

Just load it on gasoil chart and blow up a few demos , pay yourself a huge bonus for doing it .

Use a separate account and learn mistakes of mismanagement of money by hedge funds.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AMARNATH GAS BLOWOUT.zip (23.7 KB, 20 views)
Old Feb 16, 2010, 4:46pm   #56
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread Here is the entertainment educational EAS trades for today
Attached Thumbnails
ent-eas.gif  
Attached Files
File Type: htm ent eas.htm (150.5 KB, 82 views)