Learning profitable automated trading

This is a discussion on Learning profitable automated trading within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by zupcon Are you using a 4 digit broker by any chance ? I had to google what ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 12, 2010, 4:32pm   #43

Joined Jun 2002
Re: Learning profitable automated trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by zupcon View Post
Are you using a 4 digit broker by any chance ?
I had to google what you meant by that term, lol, but yes. I believe I am.
1.5649 gbpusd for example.....?......
says ODL metatrader, which is who Oildaytrader is using?
temporarilylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2010, 4:37pm   #44
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporarilylight View Post
I had to google what you meant by that term, lol, but yes. I believe I am.
1.5649 gbpusd for example.....?......
says ODL metatrader, which is who Oildaytrader is using?

Go to account history and right click on bold p/l ,save as report statement and post it here
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2010, 4:41pm   #45
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003

Quote:
.It took me 10,000 hours and a cost of $200,000 , to develop these EAS
So assuming you spent 8 hours a day doing this and had 4 weeks of holiday each year then it has been nearly 6 years of full time effort. Is that correct ?

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2010, 4:45pm   #46

Joined Nov 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildaytrader View Post
Maybe expert advisor is saying something.
You'd hope so, but its never safe to assume.
zupcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2010, 4:55pm   #47

Joined Jun 2002

Heres what im looking at at the moment.

I dont know my way around metatrader. Haven't used it in years. Took me long enough to see that 'account history' was under 'view' - 'terminal' !
There haven't been any trades at my end that ive seen. I deleted my account a second ago and re-registered a new one
Attached Thumbnails
oillldel.jpg  
temporarilylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2010, 5:07pm   #48
Joined Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader333 View Post
So assuming you spent 8 hours a day doing this and had 4 weeks of holiday each year then it has been nearly 6 years of full time effort. Is that correct ?

Paul
Almost 60 to 70 hours a week for last three years.This time includes time spent on other software not posted in this thread.The whole job includes developing and testing custom indicators,exit experts,trade management experts like profit manager expert to manage profits on 30 trading experts,library files and scripts etc
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2010, 5:17pm   #49
Joined Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporarilylight View Post
Heres what im looking at at the moment.

I dont know my way around metatrader. Haven't used it in years. Took me long enough to see that 'account history' was under 'view' - 'terminal' !
There haven't been any trades at my end that ive seen. I deleted my account a second ago and re-registered a new one
On currencies we use 3 digit experts, on oil we use 2 digit experts and 4 digit on dax and dow.It appears wrong experts have been loaded

Did you load experts yourself or did you use profiles and click on V2 ent auto trade?