Learning profitable automated trading

This is a discussion on Learning profitable automated trading within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by everyonerich can u share the rest of the EA you have not uploaded? seriously.. its no such ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 6, 2010, 3:47pm   #274

Joined May 2008
Re: Learning profitable automated trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyonerich View Post
can u share the rest of the EA you have not uploaded? seriously.. its no such thing as 10,000 traders would trade live with your ea.. for eg: how many traders there are in here follows exactly what the rest of the legendary member do? you only might need to worry if your ea is that good, JP Morgan, UBS bank can offer you billions to own it.
I agree, worrying that giving away your trading system will ruin your edge is being cynical. But like oildaytrader, I don't give mine away. I feel nervous about it too. It would be more fair to just admit that it's yours and you don't want to! Or that you'd rather sell it on a site somewhere than give it away.
lbranjord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2010, 6:49pm   #275
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbranjord View Post
I agree, worrying that giving away your trading system will ruin your edge is being cynical. But like oildaytrader, I don't give mine away. I feel nervous about it too. It would be more fair to just admit that it's yours and you don't want to! Or that you'd rather sell it on a site somewhere than give it away.
I really don't want to share the 30 to 50 EAS I am working on and using on live accounts .I don't want to sell them on forums or sites,I have few family contacts with $500m and owning a bank , they are interested in setting up a fund where they can earn 20 % per annum risk free in fund management fees on a 100m forex algo fund .

Hope you understand and please accept my apologies.
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2010, 7:13pm   #276

Joined May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildaytrader View Post
I really don't want to share the 30 to 50 EAS I am working on and using on live accounts .I don't want to sell them on forums or sites,I have few family contacts with $500m and owning a bank , they are interested in setting up a fund where they can earn 20 % per annum risk free in fund management fees on a 100m forex algo fund .

You have every right to keep them

EA's are hard work and look how many cannot build a good one! Perhaps that is the 95% of traders rule kicking in.

Personally I'm glad I had a few years under my belt before I moved on to Automation, it helped me to know which avenues I want to take and how the market reacts to certain things before I put my blood sweat and tears into code.
lbranjord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2010, 7:23pm   #277
Joined Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbranjord View Post
You have every right to keep them

EA's are hard work and look how many cannot build a good one! Perhaps that is the 95% of traders rule kicking in.

Personally I'm glad I had a few years under my belt before I moved on to Automation, it helped me to know which avenues I want to take and how the market reacts to certain things before I put my blood sweat and tears into code.
I have put in 10,000 hours of time ,had about 35 updates each on 3 styles of EAS ,presently they are getting retests and revamps to handle extreme crisis like the financial crisis, euro crisis, sovereign debt crisis and dollar crisis.In a normal crisis free environment , these eas do very well, the constant breakdown in trends over 2008 to 2010 due to all sorts of unusual market behaviour has meant a revamp to handle these types of scenarios.It is annoying and frustrating when doing the revamping and rewriting and retesting of a job completed a year ago.
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2010, 9:06am   #278
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread I have completed 38 different eas , there are about 7 more to be finalised.It is frustrating and I often feel like this smashing all my computers (5 of them).It is hard work designing SYSTEMS TO HANDLE UNUSUAL market conditions

Old Sep 6, 2010, 10:26am   #279
Joined Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildaytrader View Post

Ha ha ha, you're still a sad fantasist aren't you. Even in the extremely unlikely event you have family contacts with $500mio (whatever that means), I am fairly certain that not one would invest money with you.

20% per annum "risk free". Uh huh. Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? You are one of the reasons I lost interest in t2w.. if they allow people like you to peddle utter b/s, then it doesn't say a lot about the rest of the site unfortunately.
meanreversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Shanghai , wackypete2
Old Sep 6, 2010, 10:46am   #280
Joined Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanreversion View Post
Ha ha ha, you're still a sad fantasist aren't you. Even in the extremely unlikely event you have family contacts with $500mio (whatever that means), I am fairly certain that not one would invest money with you.

20% per annum "risk free". Uh huh. Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? You are one of the reasons I lost interest in t2w.. if they allow people like you to peddle utter b/s, then it doesn't say a lot about the rest of the site unfortunately.
Those hedge funds set up by investment banks are doing exactly that.20 % of profits , zero repayments for losses , that in my books is 20 % risk free money for fund management.Only the investors lose.

I am happy it makes you laugh.

It took another 5 months since may to revamp the systems, they will be ready this week to go on forward for a month.Live again next month.

What am I gonna sell them to public for $1,000 max , one copy sold and 10,000 passing on black market for $100.Microsoft programs for $300 don't earn a penny , and you expect people to sell software to earn $50k a year for $300.

I have a relative working in Goldman's fx trading department.

Last edited by oildaytrader; Sep 6, 2010 at 10:55am.