Learning profitable automated trading

This is a discussion on Learning profitable automated trading within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by oildaytrader There are times when one can buy low and sell high , this is done in ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:39am   #260

Joined Dec 2009
Re: Learning profitable automated trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildaytrader View Post
There are times when one can buy low and sell high , this is done in a low risk high probability situation, when the crowd is not sure of the noise.
I see...

You mean, as opposed to buy high, sell low...

Must be where I've been going wrong...
I cannot see., however why we should expect to find a "system" which will work in the stock market; surely the possibilities of profits for the student justify the time and effort required to learn market interpretation.

Humphrey B Neill - 1931
DionysusToast is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:49am   #261
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by DionysusToast View Post
I see...

You mean, as opposed to buy high, sell low...

Must be where I've been going wrong...

In a ranging market I buy low and sell high , and in trending markets sell low and buy back lower,or buy high and close higher.

I trade with small stakes initially ,and place large stakes after I get a feel for the sentiment and trend .The minute I see a trend ,I jump in with large quick in and out trades lasting a few minutes.

O D T
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:55am   #262

Joined Oct 2008

Click the image to open in full size.

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: wackypete2
Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:56am   #263
Joined May 2007

You will never make money trading until you learn to control your ego. It seems that the only reason you post here is to convince people that you are the man,a great trader who makes lots of money (despite plenty of proof to the contrary). You won't make money as you will always be wanting to prove to the market that you are right too, even when you are losing.

Its the same as people who start a thread "Wow I made 1,000 pounds today!" They haven't even started to learn to trade yet as they don't have their emotions under control.
Shanghai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:59am   #264
Joined Feb 2008

Quote:
trades lasting a few minutes.

O D T
big swinging DICK.

how can anyine take this guy seriosuly. he has 50 automated systems running, apparently; is a mercenary trader, whatever that means. Thank goodness you stopped your crusdae against Goldmans, for one moment I thought they might just close the doors with you hot on their heels. Oh and there's another contradiction right there. ODT mercenray trading v Goldmans "mercenary" trading.

oi vey you are a muppet.
gooseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:59am   #265

Joined Dec 2009

Quote:
In a ranging market I buy low and sell high , and in trending markets sell low and buy back lower,or buy high and close higher.

I trade with small stakes initially ,and place large stakes after I get a feel for the sentiment and trend .The minute I see a trend ,I jump in with large quick in and out trades lasting a few minutes.

O D T
and you consider this 'mercenary' trading as opposed to what most other people are doing ?
I cannot see., however why we should expect to find a "system" which will work in the stock market; surely the possibilities of profits for the student justify the time and effort required to learn market interpretation.

Humphrey B Neill - 1931
DionysusToast is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2010, 11:13am   #266
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by DionysusToast View Post
and you consider this 'mercenary' trading as opposed to what most other people are doing ?
There is much more than that in mercenary trading.If I post any of the other twists and turns ,trading tricks ,counter trend trades , betting sequences , hedged trades etc etc , we could miss a lot of trading opportunities and lose trading opportunities.

Posting here this morning has already cost a few good opportunities.
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote