Learning profitable automated trading

This is a discussion on Learning profitable automated trading within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the T2W Archive category; Can you explain what "forward testing" means? You can look it up, if you like....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 26, 2010, 1:22pm   #225
Joined Jan 2009
Re: Learning profitable automated trading

Can you explain what "forward testing" means? You can look it up, if you like.
meanreversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2010, 1:32pm   #226
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanreversion View Post
Can you explain what "forward testing" means? You can look it up, if you like.

http://backtestingblog.com/glossary/...ng-definition/

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/meta...ts-flawed.html
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2010, 5:08am   #227

8 Posts
Joined Jan 2010

Nick Radge (Australian Technical Analysis Trader) has just had interviews released with Student 2 Trader. Some of you may no doubt find the interview educational and insightful: http://student2trader.com/trader_interviews

Kind regards
DeCal | Student 2 Trader Cofounder
DeCal is offline Commercial web site   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2010, 8:39am   #228
BSD

Joined Feb 2006

Can't believe Nick (who I know from reading his old forum, reefcap way back when) is recommending that all out trash from that total fraud Covel, who has nothing to do with the Turtles and never had any connection with any one of them, was selling freely made up rules, and couldn't trade his way out of a paper bag if his life depended on that !!!

Guy like that writing about trading is like me writing about becoming a pilot.

I could probably bluff my way through that, but it wouldn't really be an ideal manual for anyone really hoping to make a living from that and above all survive lol.
Old May 14, 2010, 9:02am   #229
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread BSD

He may have found the holy grail and now wishes to sell services.

The argument is trader's must have a profitable system or method , and they must be a successful trader to devise profitable automated systems.If they were a successful trader they wouldn't need to devise automated systems.The same logic applies to selling services.

Good automated programs will teach traders a lot more more about trading, and testing will help traders become successful manual traders.This is better than taking coaching from educators , most of whom are losers who can't make a living from trading.Some traders become successful after learning from testing automated systems.

The old farts trying to sell mentor services would disagree , most of whom I know are failed traders.

O D T
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2010, 9:32am   #230
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread The systems I designed worked very well in good economic climate with low to high volatility markets, this was at a time when trends lasted 1500 pips .The original systems are profitable and performed reasonably in 2008 to 2010 , producing 30% per annum in the two years.

I have now added multiple systems to cater for extreme volatility and longer bear /bull markets of 35 cents or 3500 pips.These produced profits in 2008 to 2010 and have made up for the lower performance of the original systems .

I now have a total of 50 EAS(automated programs) working simultaneously or 50 mechanical systems catering for all types of market conditions.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 2:01pm   #231
Joined Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildaytrader View Post

I now have a total of 50 EAS(automated programs) working simultaneously or 50 mechanical systems catering for all types of market conditions.
No you don't.
meanreversion is offline   Reply With Quote