Learning profitable automated trading

This is a discussion on Learning profitable automated trading within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the T2W Archive category; Originally Posted by N Rothschild so what if it changes to 5 digits? does that mean your system doesnt work? ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:34pm   #127
Joined Mar 2007
Re: Learning profitable automated trading

oildaytrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Rothschild View Post
so what if it changes to 5 digits? does that mean your system doesnt work? lol.

maybe you should get tradestation with your untold riches of system trading?

but from what your saying, you design system, back test them to 2008 to find if they work, then trade them live with blind faith on the current market? some how i don't quite believe that.

Half data is in 4 digits , half in 5 digits bit akward to back tests half and half in 4/5.

The system is on live accounts on 5 digits.

Why give tradestation my profits in fees?

Why should I make you believe it?I don't sell anything to make anyone believe me.
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:36pm   #128
Joined Mar 2007

Quote:
more to the point actually, after 2008 you say its 5 digits which causes a problem..so err...how are you trading them live as we speak? am i the only one who see's threw this clown?

go just admit you're a fraud and we can be done with it

The only fraud is someone who pretends to be a Rothschild.

The system was converted to 5 digits for live trading.
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:38pm   #129

Joined Oct 2008

so answer me this. you back test up to 2008, then unleash them on the real market having no clue if they will work or not? true/false?

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:49pm   #130
Joined Mar 2007

Quote:
so answer me this. you back test up to 2008, then unleash them on the real market having no clue if they will work or not? true/false?
2001 to 8 gave us a good range of market conditions to back test on , however we were not sure of if any bugs existed in the automated systems and if live accounts would trade the same as demo testing on feeds supplied by bucket shops, this would only be known after a live run on small amounts.

Hope you understand about development and testing.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:53pm   #131

Joined Oct 2008

that doesnt answer my question.

do you or do you not trade systems live that have only been tested up to 2008?

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:57pm   #132
Joined Mar 2007

Quote:
that doesnt answer my question.

do you or do you not trade systems live that have only been tested up to 2008?

Yes and they make profits on live accounts since 2009.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:58pm   #133

Joined Oct 2008

evidence?