Learning profitable automated trading

This is a discussion on Learning profitable automated trading within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the T2W Archive category; i am testing a Robot, How can i have only MANUAL alerts and NOT live trading? If i uncheck ALLLOW ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 30, 2010, 2:12pm   #106
Joined Oct 2006
Re: Learning profitable automated trading

i am testing a Robot, How can i have only MANUAL alerts and NOT live trading?
If i uncheck ALLLOW live trading then it stops working
I have checked Ask for manual confirmation,
The system keeps beeping unless i trade and it is irritating me > if I trade then it stops beeping, but dont want to trade all > any way out?

HELP
Marwan2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2010, 2:43pm   #107
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwan2010 View Post
i am testing a Robot, How can i have only MANUAL alerts and NOT live trading?
If i uncheck ALLLOW live trading then it stops working
I have checked Ask for manual confirmation,
The system keeps beeping unless i trade and it is irritating me > if I trade then it stops beeping, but dont want to trade all > any way out?

HELP
Run it on demo account only.

Don't check ask for manual confirmation , it will trade auto without asking confirmation
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2010, 8:07am   #108
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread The learning expert advisors in this thread produced the following results , using my knowledge in the versions I use.These are just 7 out of 100 expert advisors I use.
Attached Files
File Type: xls combined 7 data july 1 2003 to 2008 chart.xls (117.5 KB, 114 views)
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2010, 8:26pm   #109
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread Automating can be complicated .

I have are 4 breakout systems which will buy when price is on the up , with buy stop orders/sell stop orders , all work on different parameters.There are s/r systems and contrarian systems buying against the market direction, after a exhausted trend,several different t/f reversal systems on trend line reentries ,several systems based on cci, stochastics and custom contrarian indicators,momentum systems,trend breakout failure systems etc.There are swing systems using a special exit indicator.There are other breakout swing systems and intraday breakout systems.

O D T
Old Apr 4, 2010, 1:16pm   #110
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread There is a big problem designing automated strategies for USD/YEN and USD /CAD .These pairs not very volatile, some of the volatility happens at night time.The Japanese and Canadian economy is correlated to the U S , hence lower volatility.The Euro zone pairs trend better against the USD.

Any suggestion on strategies to automate the USD cad and Usd yen?.I have tried almost 50 strategies on these pairs without success.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 7:13am   #111
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread The equity curve below is of the automated system I use for my own trading.It was updated yesterday.
134,311 pips over 7 .5 years of back testing , an average of 17,908 per annum on a 20,000 account.
This equates to an average 88% per annum from 2001 to mid 2008.

Already part of the above strategy is on live trading.

I really do not have to trade manually , when there are 2 computers doing the work for me , 24 hours a day with all the headaches of traders.
Attached Thumbnails
equity-curve.jpg  
Old Apr 20, 2010, 1:15pm   #112
Joined Jan 2009

This looks impressive, but I have a few questions.

1. How many trades does this entail, and have you included bid/ask/commission/slippage etc.
2. Have you simply divided total return by number of years? If so, that overstates the CAGR.
3. How has it performed since mid-2008, when volatility reached a peak?
meanreversion is offline   Reply With Quote