Learning profitable automated trading

This is a discussion on Learning profitable automated trading within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by N Rothschild lol says on the repotrt, 7 years!! for 90% roi 12% return per year...yeh great ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 27, 2010, 6:06pm   #101
Joined Mar 2007
Re: Learning profitable automated trading

oildaytrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Rothschild View Post
lol says on the repotrt, 7 years!! for 90% roi

12% return per year...yeh great system

and why u backtestig it up to 2008? lol..lets see it up to 2010 thanks, bet its ****

i think this proves you are full or **** and a fraud.
Add 4 different systems with different equity curves, and we have a great combination of systems producing 50% per annum.

I don't back test after 2008, due to lack of data and most brokers switching to 5 digits,but use forward tests and live accounts for testing and trading.

http://www.alpari.co.uk/en/dc/databank.html

Your posts prove only one thing , who is full of it and whose the fraud trying to lure noobs ?.
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2010, 6:21pm   #102

Joined Oct 2008

lack of data after 2008? what have you been smoking. the only reason your not testing it after 2008 is because the markets changed and prolly blew your system to pieces. scam alert

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2010, 7:15pm   #103
Joined Mar 2007

Quote:
lack of data after 2008? what have you been smoking. the only reason your not testing it after 2008 is because the markets changed and prolly blew your system to pieces. scam alert
We used to download data from Alpari.They stopped supplying the data.

http://forum.alpari.co.uk/thread6530.html
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2010, 7:38pm   #104

Joined Oct 2008

how conviniant. get the data from somewhere else and lets see your results. and who the hell is "we" ?

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2010, 8:00pm   #105
Joined Mar 2007

Quote:
how conviniant. get the data from somewhere else and lets see your results. and who the hell is "we" ?
We is referring to traders using metatrader.

Can get old data on the net ,but very little data after 2009.I suspect the bucket shops got worried about lawsuits on their fills ,stop hunting and spread widening.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 3:12pm   #106
Joined Oct 2006

i am testing a Robot, How can i have only MANUAL alerts and NOT live trading?
If i uncheck ALLLOW live trading then it stops working
I have checked Ask for manual confirmation,
The system keeps beeping unless i trade and it is irritating me > if I trade then it stops beeping, but dont want to trade all > any way out?

HELP
Marwan2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2010, 3:43pm   #107
Joined Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwan2010 View Post
i am testing a Robot, How can i have only MANUAL alerts and NOT live trading?
If i uncheck ALLLOW live trading then it stops working
I have checked Ask for manual confirmation,
The system keeps beeping unless i trade and it is irritating me > if I trade then it stops beeping, but dont want to trade all > any way out?

HELP
Run it on demo account only.

Don't check ask for manual confirmation , it will trade auto without asking confirmation
Old Apr 2, 2010, 9:07am   #108
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread The learning expert advisors in this thread produced the following results , using my knowledge in the versions I use.These are just 7 out of 100 expert advisors I use.
Attached Files
File Type: xls combined 7 data july 1 2003 to 2008 chart.xls (117.5 KB, 120 views)
Old Apr 3, 2010, 9:26pm   #109
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread Automating can be complicated .

I have are 4 breakout systems which will buy when price is on the up , with buy stop orders/sell stop orders , all work on different parameters.There are s/r systems and contrarian systems buying against the market direction, after a exhausted trend,several different t/f reversal systems on trend line reentries ,several systems based on cci, stochastics and custom contrarian indicators,momentum systems,trend breakout failure systems etc.There are swing systems using a special exit indicator.There are other breakout swing systems and intraday breakout systems.

O D T
Old Apr 4, 2010, 2:16pm   #110
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread There is a big problem designing automated strategies for USD/YEN and USD /CAD .These pairs not very volatile, some of the volatility happens at night time.The Japanese and Canadian economy is correlated to the U S , hence lower volatility.The Euro zone pairs trend better against the USD.

Any suggestion on strategies to automate the USD cad and Usd yen?.I have tried almost 50 strategies on these pairs without success.