Learning profitable automated trading

This is a discussion on Learning profitable automated trading within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; My automated systems try to follow these rules of trading http://www.dacharts.com/articles/_22rulestrading.htm Do more of that which is working and less ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:56am   #64
Joined Mar 2007
Re: Learning profitable automated trading

oildaytrader started this thread My automated systems try to follow these rules of trading

http://www.dacharts.com/articles/_22rulestrading.htm

Do more of that which is working and less of that which is not: If a market is strong, buy more; if a market is weak, sell more. New highs are to be bought; new lows sold.

Yesterday was a really good trending day ,I opened as many as 50 trades short on euro usd and gbp/usd , as trades went in my favour I added more shorts, doing more of what is working and none of what is not working.This was all automated on a live account.

I hope this post gives inspiration to some.
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:35pm   #65
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread Entertainment learners trades today.

Just get a few cans of beers, popcorn and fish and chips.And let the robots on first post trade for u.
Attached Thumbnails
detailedstatement-ent-25-2.gif  
Attached Files
File Type: htm DetailedStatement ent 25 2.htm (243.0 KB, 109 views)
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2010, 7:47am   #66
Joined Feb 2010

Wotcha oil thanks for the sharing. I declare this a troll free zone even though trolls don't exist in reality and if they did they sure arent smart enough to drive on the interweb thingy.

I hope to give back to this forum soon too but I haven't been here long enough yet.
Mr Flibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2010, 8:01am   #67
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flibble View Post
Wotcha oil thanks for the sharing. I declare this a troll free zone even though trolls don't exist in reality and if they did they sure arent smart enough to drive on the interweb thingy.

I hope to give back to this forum soon too but I haven't been here long enough yet.
Welcome

Go to the first post , download the Expert advisors and enjoy the experience of automation , trading and a feel for trading a dozen instruments simultaneously.

Manually I mess up try to trade multiple instruments and strategies simultaneously.Mind mixes up a lethal cocktail of strategies,instruments and set ups.Here the expert advisors do it for you without messing up.

Anybody confirm , that indexes are not good for volatility breakout systems?I had a testing report and Dax breakouts were not brilliant , compared to energy and currencies.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 9:07am   #68
Joined Feb 2010

Did it already I have been playing around with my own EAs for a few days now. Came up with a nice one for EUR/USD one day a week 2:1 however I won't go live with it till its been throughly tested with live data. I signed up for a demo account with Metatrader but need to put some hours in getting to grips with it. Can only see Forex data.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 9:14am   #69
Joined Mar 2007

oildaytrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flibble View Post
Did it already I have been playing around with my own EAs for a few days now. Came up with a nice one for EUR/USD one day a week 2:1 however I won't go live with it till its been throughly tested with live data. I signed up for a demo account with Metatrader but need to put some hours in getting to grips with it. Can only see Forex data.
There is only forex data, you have to collect data .

Best solution is to write your strategy in tradestation as you get free data in tradestation.I hired a tradestation programmer to code and test some of my strategies on indexes and stocks.

Make sure you back test over 8 to 10 years.
Thanks! The following members like this post: D70
Old Feb 26, 2010, 10:13am   #70
Joined Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildaytrader View Post
There is only forex data, you have to collect data .

Best solution is to write your strategy in tradestation as you get free data in tradestation.I hired a tradestation programmer to code and test some of my strategies on indexes and stocks.

Make sure you back test over 8 to 10 years.
I let some of those EA in the first post run and yes they did pretty well. The cable seems to take the high and low of between 12ish and 8ish and then places a buy at above the high and a sell order below the low with stops in between. Worked well quickly went through the buy side and I sold at 1.3612 as soon as the upper shadows started to show up in a 5 minute chart as well as additional fluff as I call it. Check this out
www.forexsb.com some free strategy creation software and also a means to plug it into MT4 I got the data from MT4 for the Forex, its based on CET GMT+1 however the free data they offer on forexsb is GMT+2. Pretty good really. Now if you had a EUR/USD H1 data feed then I could really test my theory out. Tested it on a 3 year sample on both the EUR/USD and GBP/USD with equally good results.