Where do you get your daily trade ideas?

This is a discussion on Where do you get your daily trade ideas? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; I know one can spend countless hours just looking around for stocks to swing or day trade and then do ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 18, 2008, 3:05am   #1

1 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
Where do you get your daily trade ideas?

I know one can spend countless hours just looking around for stocks to swing or day trade and then do their investigation. Just to find them, where do you get your ideas or stock buying recommendations? Newsletters, Cramer, most active traded, CNBC, etc. I would love to have a recommend to same several hours a week.
10usdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2008, 3:33am   #2
Joined Nov 2008
idea can come from fundamental or technical analysis.. ?
Old Dec 18, 2008, 4:53am   #3
Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10usdad View Post
I know one can spend countless hours just looking around for stocks to swing or day trade and then do their investigation. Just to find them, where do you get your ideas or stock buying recommendations? Newsletters, Cramer, most active traded, CNBC, etc. I would love to have a recommend to same several hours a week.
Most people who scalp generally have their favorites. (QQQQ, AAPL, RIMM, etc...) but I generally like to stick to storied premarket stocks. Premarket moves because of earnings misses or surprises and the biggest sectors that are moving have been doing well for me recently.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 5:17am   #4

5 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
I agree with lucky. I'd take a premarket mover over trading the Qs though
neildub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2008, 6:39am   #5
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10usdad View Post
InvestEgate - Analyst Recommendations

There are stacks around, Times and Telegraph online, etc.

I don't take as much notice of them as I should, just taking notice of the more important dates. I'm a bit suspicious of analyists!

Split
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2008, 5:09pm   #6

Joined Aug 2005
Yeah, I get all my ideas and stock buying recommendations from Cramer. He's spot on everytime. Also, I like to just jump on board when CNBC are talking up a stock. I love analyst newsletters too as they never seem to be wrong. Plus I get a lot of free tips off people on bulletin boards. There are a few odd people that get it wrong but almost everyone else is right. I think it's a fairly easy way to make money and beats doing your own due diligence. Who wants to spend hours researching a market both fundamentally and technically? You might as well get someone else to do it for you. That way it cuts down on the work. Also I like the way that you have someone else to blame if it doesn't work because I am not keen on taking responsibility for this kind of thing myself as I don't know that much about it.

Increasing trader performance: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/firs...rformance.html

Advice for getting a job in trading: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...b-trading.html
trader_dante is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: options , Hoggums , BSD , bigbadboot , rathcoole_exile , johnnyonspot
Old Dec 19, 2008, 5:47pm   #7
Joined Feb 2002
Hi 10usdad -

Let the market tell you. Work out what instrruments you would not trade and never look at them again: e.g. I never trade commodities or tech penny shares, you might never trade currency etc.

Research what set-ups in TA (or newsflow) suit your trading style and strategies. Follow 1 major target until you are expert at seeing these and working your system with real money, and being consistently successful. Then add a second, then a third: try to ensure they are diverse, so you're not going to be going long on all 3 because of the same news item. Then add more. The charts will talk to you. Apply a dab of zen here.... optional.

If you're a serious trader, forget the TV news commentators etc., except for confirmation that the crowd is catching up with what you have already done, and indicating its time for you to pack your bags and clear out with the profits. If you're not long in gold before the 10pm news says you should be long in gold, its probably too late.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote