Is this the BOTTOM of the equity markets???

This is a discussion on Is this the BOTTOM of the equity markets??? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Could the bailout package really mark the BOTTOM??? Maybe yes. WHAT … IF THE BOTTOM WERE HERE??? | Riding the ...

View Poll Results: Does the Bailout package mark the bottom of the equity markets???
Yes, absolutely! I am buying here! 9 12.00%
Yes, but I need more confirmation. 11 14.67%
I don't know/care. 10 13.33%
No, I will sell rallies. 40 53.33%
No, I sell ANY UPTICK! 5 6.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 28, 2008, 10:26pm   #1

Joined Dec 2007
Question Is this the BOTTOM of the equity markets???

Could the bailout package really mark the BOTTOM???

Maybe yes.

WHAT … IF THE BOTTOM WERE HERE??? | Riding the DAX

Interesting view, I think.
DaxDestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2008, 11:41pm   #2
Joined Mar 2008
No chance. Still too much uncertainty.
stevexyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2008, 12:28am   #3
Joined Jan 2006
For my part, any article or post on the Internet that uses that many emoticons and frantic punctuation is not worth worth reading.

In terms of market forecasting, it's ramping, pure and unbridled. Nobody knows what the future has in store.
abottoml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2008, 8:28am   #4

9 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
I agree with abottoml. If your going to make a publication at least have some professionalism. smily faces all the way through a publication gets an instant close window.

but back to the origional topic haha. There is too much uncertainty for there to be a definative bottom in the market at the moment. i am still using tighter stops than usual in my trading. It may not be the bottom but there are definately still oppotunities out there.
Herlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2008, 8:43am   #5

Joined Dec 2007
DaxDestroyer started this thread I just thought, that anybody here might have opinions and thoughts about the current situation.

But as I see, only "serious people" around

Thanks anyway!

C.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 10:30pm   #6

Joined Dec 2007
DaxDestroyer started this thread VIX 47 ? Now I am a buyer! Slow and not leveraged of course. Tomorrow should see some good prices. Politicians
Old Sep 29, 2008, 10:57pm   #7
Joined Jun 2007
Bottom fishers generally turn into bottom feeders in the end. Have we reached the bottom? Well somebody gave me some very good advice when I asked the same question once.. He said, "Price can always go lower because the real bottom is Zero. And if you're going to ask me how high is high? Then I will say name a number"

A lot of people were saying price can't go any lower than the March lows of this year. We know what happend next...

The key question to ask yourself is this:

Is the mass perception of the probability of this being a bottom diverging from the actual probability that this is a bottom?

Peace........
lote_tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2008, 11:01pm   #8

Joined Dec 2007
DaxDestroyer started this thread Mass perception ? Bottom? Anyway, I know what you mean. Don't worry I don't feed
Old Sep 29, 2008, 11:11pm   #9
Joined Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxDestroyer View Post
Mass perception ? Bottom? Anyway, I know what you mean. Don't worry I don't feed
Mass perception among the Pro's.. Might just fade the faders
lote_tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2008, 11:20pm   #10
Joined Apr 2008
it's going to be fun and games tommorow!! And anyones guess as to what will happen.

Personnaly I reckon it'll cr@p out first thing with some sharp, fast bounces. Where it finishes will depend on what the central banks do but overall I think we've seen nothing yet!
Aspire is offline   Reply With Quote