Is this the BOTTOM of the equity markets???

This is a discussion on Is this the BOTTOM of the equity markets??? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; I think you're spot on with that. Not sure if I'll trade 2morrow, holiday here and all, might just take ...

View Poll Results: Does the Bailout package mark the bottom of the equity markets???
Yes, absolutely! I am buying here! 9 12.00%
Yes, but I need more confirmation. 11 14.67%
I don't know/care. 10 13.33%
No, I will sell rallies. 40 53.33%
No, I sell ANY UPTICK! 5 6.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 2, 2008, 2:04pm   #43
BSD

Joined Feb 2006
I think you're spot on with that.

Not sure if I'll trade 2morrow, holiday here and all, might just take a peep and see if I, umm, see sthg.

Old Oct 2, 2008, 3:22pm   #44

Joined Dec 2007
DaxDestroyer started this thread Long weekend ... here I come
DaxDestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2008, 3:30pm   #45

Joined Jun 2008
I think it will rally as soon as more is injected but itll be like Whiley Coyote.... suddenly realising that gravity exists and that there is no floor under him

We were doing so well.... and then the crash.

Isnt this plan like feeding more money into a losing trading account and then crapping out after youve put your life savings into it?

Things will have to work their way up from the bottom. All of this cant be supported with any amount of money because the people dont have it to spend. Things need to fail and things need to be sold.

Either that or wipe out 100 million people and equally give their assets to the rest. Thatll do the trick.

yeah right!
Carlosyabrudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2008, 3:32pm   #46

Joined Jun 2008
A lot of bullish trades are coming through from wealthy investors using spread betting accounts.

theyll probably ride out the storm and leave it til the FTSE gets to 5,500.

Sounds like a good place to leave a limit to me over the next week or so using 0.5% of your capital as a measure of 10 points or so. Thats how ive done it many times if i position trade. I estimate a reasonable level. Hasnt failed.... YET!
Old Oct 2, 2008, 3:41pm   #47

Joined Dec 2007
DaxDestroyer started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlosyabrudy View Post
A lot of bullish trades are coming through from wealthy investors using spread betting accounts.

theyll probably ride out the storm and leave it til the FTSE gets to 5,500.

Sounds like a good place to leave a limit to me over the next week or so using 0.5% of your capital as a measure of 10 points or so. Thats how ive done it many times if i position trade. I estimate a reasonable level. Hasnt failed.... YET!
Good LUCK
DaxDestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2008, 3:47pm   #48
BSD

Joined Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxDestroyer View Post
Long weekend ... here I come
Yup, have a good one
Old Oct 2, 2008, 3:53pm   #49

Joined Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxDestroyer View Post
Good LUCK
There are other indicators that I use

1. I look outside in the morning. If its sunny I buy all day long
2. If george bush is happy I buy. if he looks sad on tv I sell. (Officialy called THE GEORGE BUSH INDICATOR.. 200% better than RSI!)
3. I ask the first person i see whether i should sell or buy regardless of who they are. Gordon brown shows the experience model lands us in **** so someone with NO experience ... and someone that has not been burdended by the harships of knowledge and education... should give me better signals.
Thanks! The following members like this post: DaxDestroyer , BSD , Bladerunner