Is this the BOTTOM of the equity markets???

This is a discussion on Is this the BOTTOM of the equity markets??? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the T2W Archive category; @ all Have a good week! May the dark force be with you...

View Poll Results: Does the Bailout package mark the bottom of the equity markets???
Yes, absolutely! I am buying here! 9 12.00%
Yes, but I need more confirmation. 11 14.67%
I don't know/care. 10 13.33%
No, I will sell rallies. 40 53.33%
No, I sell ANY UPTICK! 5 6.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 6, 2008, 9:25am   #85

Joined Dec 2007
DaxDestroyer started this thread @ all Have a good week! May the dark force be with you
DaxDestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2008, 9:35am   #86
BSD

Joined Feb 2006
Yup.

Strange times, but good trading all !
Old Oct 6, 2008, 9:47am   #87

Joined Dec 2007
DaxDestroyer started this thread It seems to be that investors are not anymore interested in the return on investments, but only in the return OF investments
Thanks! The following members like this post: BSD , Bladerunner , MrGecko
Old Oct 6, 2008, 10:00am   #88
BSD

Joined Feb 2006
Hehe, nice one.

But, yup, very true.

I'd actually considered forwarding some funds to these two nationalised UK banks where investments are guaranteed by the UK government, but now Merkel said yesterday that all private accounts will be fully guaranteed by the government here too, so that is a relief !

Krisengipfel in Berlin: Merkel stellt Komplettschutz für Spareinlagen in Aussicht - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten - Wirtschaft
Old Oct 6, 2008, 10:03am   #89

Joined Dec 2007
DaxDestroyer started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSD View Post
Hehe, nice one.

But, yup, very true.

I'd actually considered forwarding some funds to these two nationalised UK banks where investments are guaranteed by the UK government, but now Merkel said yesterday that all private accounts will be fully guaranteed by the government here too, so that is a relief !

Krisengipfel in Berlin: Merkel stellt Komplettschutz für Spareinlagen in Aussicht - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten - Wirtschaft
Sparkasse rules
Old Oct 6, 2008, 10:06am   #90
Joined Jul 2008
Unhappy Out of luck if your in Iceland then

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxDestroyer View Post
It seems to be that investors are not anymore interested in the return on investments, but only in the return OF investments

1st country to go

Iceland Scrambles for Cash to Save Banks, Economy - WSJ.com

Andy

Last edited by Bladerunner; Oct 6, 2008 at 10:18am.
Bladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: BSD , Joey25 , Hoggums
Old Oct 6, 2008, 10:16am   #91

Joined Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSD View Post
Hehe, nice one.

But, yup, very true.

Ironical isn't it: this time last year people were queuing up to get their money out of NR, now they are metaphorically queuing up to put it back in - so much so that some accounts have been restricted. Funny times!