'Live Calls' ?

This is a discussion on 'Live Calls' ? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; So, to continue from another shredded thread, a suggestion for new functionality to the T2W site. A new section, for ...

View Poll Results: Live Call Section, want one?
Yes, interesting idea. 27 72.97%
No, complete toss. 10 27.03%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 27, 2005, 11:40pm   #1

Joined Sep 2003
'Live Calls' ?

So, to continue from another shredded thread, a suggestion for new functionality to the T2W site.

A new section, for members to post live calls for their given markets, in their given time frame etc, that is moderated for accuracy of calls made, the profitability in terms of points gained, demonstrating a given system or approach. And of course to keep outpeople whose only contribution is 'get a life etc etc'. You know the type that's dragged T2W down market the last year or two.

Within this part of T2W, the participants would have a rating number attached to their particular market thread, within which discussions could be had about the trading style, in public or PM if desired.

THOSE THAT WOULDN'T FIND THIS USEFUL CAN CARRY ON AS THEY LIKE.

All too often we read about how traders are doing great with some MA cross over system, I usually raise my eyebrows and move on, but if someone could back up their approach, I'd love to see some verified numbers to substantiate it. I would love somebody to show me how oft mentioned trading cliches can work.

I could bore you about the beauty of Renko charts. You might take a look at them applied to your system and think 'That's crap!', but if I gave you a series of calls live that demonstrated I could judge my chosen market reasonably accurately, from which with proper money and risk management, I could show you'd make money, you'd have to have a more in depth look into what I'm doing (as much as I'd be prepared to tell you), and likewise I'd like to know more about your approach too.

DO YOU GET IT?

This is NOT about showing you how big my willy is or how much cash I've made trading the last 5 years.

It's about giving some extra weight to trading approaches that are thrown around here like confetti.

Of course, this functionality would need plenty of tightening up in terms of how T2W would want to operate it (if they wished!), but this is just the basic idea.

Last edited by rossored; Nov 28, 2005 at 10:46am. Reason: content
zigglewigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2005, 8:08am   #2

Joined Feb 2005
couldnt you use the journal section? that would enable you to submit timestamped entries of before and after setups, along with attachments such as charts and statements if required.

user journals are also linked to from the little panel under your name when you post.
Directional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2005, 11:10am   #3
Joined Apr 2004
"And of course to keep outpeople whose only contribution is 'get a life etc etc'. You know the type that's dragged T2W down market the last year or two"

I agree with that comment. In order for this forum to maintain its quality it needs to be mainly controlled by expereienced knowledgable traders. New traders are more than welcome of course but this can only work with traders that know what they are talking about. I used to look at the moneytec forums but its a joke now, just a free-for-all of people that have no idea what they are talking about arguing ridiculous points, there are at least 4 threads there well over 50 replies long arguing the market is one big fix, and no different to betting black or red on a roulette table because the market has no memory and is totally random. It would be such a shame if T2W was filled with the same drivel.

However i'm not sure posting live calls is a way of stopping that, maybe a few people will take it seriously but i think there will be so many "hey what do you think of my system" or "look at these sample trades from my system, visit my website to learn more" type threads.

Also I think T2W works best when experienced knowledgeable traders can have a good debate over intelligent questions where everyone has a view and can join in. But if people post their trades what is there really to discuss apart from "yeah well done your doing great" or "thats not so good", I can see it becomming a hospital for broken trading systems wanting to be fixed, which there is a place for, but not what T2W is suited to.

There are about 6 traders/memebers here I really respect, it would be great if there were 20 or 30, i agree with you there must be a way to make traders like these the majority rather than minority

Last edited by tommog; Nov 28, 2005 at 11:17am.
tommog is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: purplekiwi
Old Nov 28, 2005, 7:15pm   #4

Joined Sep 2003
zigglewigler started this thread All posters from 'When Are We Going To Cut The BS' thread need to vote here. (And try to understand the original point made, not interested in your spin).
Old Dec 31, 2005, 9:53am   #5

Joined Feb 2003
What on earth is your problem ? I was the poster with the MA crossover "advice" (if you want to call it that)

The guy on the "Can you make a living thread" was reaching out for some help... and I expressly stated that I was in the same boat as him... not that I was some sort of Ubertrader !

How is that strategy any worse than a trading off a tenko (sic) chart ?

All it is is a "simple" strategy than may or may not work for an individual. But most newbies (and yep I'm one, despite my number of posts) need to see the woods from the trees.

Much better to talk about a strategy than say ... "look at me I've made 10 grand this week, but up yours if I'm telling you how I did it"... which it a fair summary of what you are proposing.

Seeing as you view trading hints as "frickin lame" (which was how you described it) you would be better off "attacking" the amateur psychiatrists on here that all think they are Siegmund Freud... most are like Siegfried and Roy !!

Btw, did you get many votes for your system ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigglewigler
So, to continue from another shredded thread, a suggestion for new functionality to the T2W site.

A new section, for members to post live calls for their given markets, in their given time frame etc, that is moderated for accuracy of calls made, the profitability in terms of points gained, demonstrating a given system or approach. And of course to keep outpeople whose only contribution is 'get a life etc etc'. You know the type that's dragged T2W down market the last year or two.

Within this part of T2W, the participants would have a rating number attached to their particular market thread, within which discussions could be had about the trading style, in public or PM if desired.

THOSE THAT WOULDN'T FIND THIS USEFUL CAN CARRY ON AS THEY LIKE.

All too often we read about how traders are doing great with some MA cross over system, I usually raise my eyebrows and move on, but if someone could back up their approach, I'd love to see some verified numbers to substantiate it. I would love somebody to show me how oft mentioned trading cliches can work.

I could bore you about the beauty of Renko charts. You might take a look at them applied to your system and think 'That's crap!', but if I gave you a series of calls live that demonstrated I could judge my chosen market reasonably accurately, from which with proper money and risk management, I could show you'd make money, you'd have to have a more in depth look into what I'm doing (as much as I'd be prepared to tell you), and likewise I'd like to know more about your approach too.

DO YOU GET IT?

This is NOT about showing you how big my willy is or how much cash I've made trading the last 5 years.

It's about giving some extra weight to trading approaches that are thrown around here like confetti.

Of course, this functionality would need plenty of tightening up in terms of how T2W would want to operate it (if they wished!), but this is just the basic idea.
Kaffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 11:56am   #6

Joined Jan 2004
original Poll was posted on Nov 27th.
There have been, from over 40,000 members, just 18 votes in over a month.
( I voted YES )

The consensus appears to be "couldnt-care-less".
Pity.
Aside: interesting vote breakdown. 13 to 5. Fibs everywhere !!
# Defeat is temporary. Giving up makes it permanent. Anon
trendie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 3:08am   #7

Joined Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigglewigler View Post
A new section, for members to post live calls for their given markets, in their given time frame etc, that is moderated for accuracy of calls made, the profitability in terms of points gained, demonstrating a given system or approach. And of course to keep out people whose only contribution is 'get a life etc etc'. You know the type that's dragged T2W down market the last year or two.
I just noticed this thread and I wasn't aware that someone already came up with the idea before me. Although it seems like the idea was left abandoned, I'd like to mention that people who are still interested in the above can contact me by PM and join a group of traders who really post live calls on the spot, without having to go through the type of contributions zigglewigler is refering to in the above post. Having said that, it's very ironic to see a particular member showing up in the list of 'yes' voters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigglewigler View Post

Couldn't have said it better myself.
firewalker99 is offline   Reply With Quote