facebook IPO 18th May Predictions

This is a discussion on facebook IPO 18th May Predictions within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the T2W Archive category; Hi All, i'm a complete newbie to both this forum and also trading. i have a trading account on igindex ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 4, 2012, 10:35pm   #1

8 Posts
Joined May 2012
facebook IPO 18th May Predictions

Hi All, i'm a complete newbie to both this forum and also trading. i have a trading account on igindex. I have done a few trades and therefore still learning what affects the market and technical analysis.

I am just wondering with the realease of facebook on the market on the 18th do people think this will be a buy or a sell? I'm using these terms as you know i am spread betting.

I only intend to spread bet for the day. So come 2:30pm uk time i will buy for it to go up. What is everyones opinion? do you think it will go up higher than its anticpated value of $25-38 or do you think it will go down for a sell? I have heard many people say it will go up but i have also heard many that it will go down? what are people's opinion and why? thank you!!!
mrniceguychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 10:40pm   #2

Joined Jul 2011
Re: facebook IPO 18th May Predictions

No one knows what's going to happen.

But anyone with experience is very likely to say "stay the hell out of this one, though watch for the lulz".

~Tom Wiswell
VielGeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 10:46pm   #3

8 Posts
Joined May 2012

mrniceguychris started this thread sorry for being dum.....but why stay out of it? i thought it would be a good opportunity to make money? i recall when linkedin came on the market around $45 dollars its shot up to over $100.....and facebook is way bigger than linkedin...so do you guys not believe so?
mrniceguychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 10:59pm   #4

1 Posts
Joined Feb 2012

I haven't read one analysis yet who thinks it would be a good idea to get in on day 1.
Blayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 8:30am   #5

Joined Mar 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by maozhu0105 View Post
sorry for being dum.....Click the image to open in full size.
you are the best cut n paste spammer i've seen.....nice work son......hard work on the imagination front huh
Old May 5, 2012, 9:49am   #6

Joined Jan 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayne View Post
I haven't read one analysis yet who thinks it would be a good idea to get in on day 1.
You haven't?
I have been called on couple of occasions in recent past, casting FB as some miracle, "cant fail", "can only go up", "very low risk" super-stock.

They have been trying to get me to part with 10K to buy pre-IPO at $45.
They say it should go up to $100 straight away.

The only winners are going to be the people charging fees and comms on the IPO itself.
# Defeat is temporary. Giving up makes it permanent. Anon
trendie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 10:18am   #7
Joined Sep 2008

IF you wanted to try making money on the IPO then buy at the open on the first trading day and exit everything by the end of the day. It's a friday, holding over the weekend is sheer absurdity.

Price will go way up first day (Friday), by end of the following week it'll be well below the pre IPO price.

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote