facebook IPO 18th May Predictions

This is a discussion on facebook IPO 18th May Predictions within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; hello ipo range is $28 to $35 dollars a share, why do you want to get in contact with people ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 8, 2012, 2:08pm   #21
Joined May 2004
Re: facebook IPO 18th May Predictions

hello
ipo range is $28 to $35 dollars a share, why do you want to get in contact with people selling at $45 dollars.
breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 2:10pm   #22

8 Posts
Joined May 2012

mrniceguychris started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadman View Post
hello
ipo range is $28 to $35 dollars a share, why do you want to get in contact with people selling at $45 dollars.
I can't see how we are going to be able to get it for 25-35 dollars....most of the initial investors and brokers would have got ti for that price and would sell it to us for higher.

Say they sold it to me for 45 but ti went up to 100 on the day ....iw ould mind losing out on teh inital 10 dollar difference to get more profit than that at the end of it.
mrniceguychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 2:20pm   #23
Joined May 2004

does it not worry you that at $45 dollars a share the company will be valued well north of $100 billion with earnings of around $1 billion. it's a very young company with little trading history. do you have any idea how they double earnings next year and double them again over the years after that, because they need to to justify the market cap.
maybe you are looking to hold for just days/weeks to try and make 20% to 50%. high risk and in my opinion not worth it.
breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 2:24pm   #24
Joined Feb 2012

Quote:
does it not worry you that at $45 dollars a share the company will be valued well north of $100 billion with earnings of around $1 billion. it's a very young company with little trading history. do you have any idea how they double earnings next year and double them again over the years after that, because they need to to justify the market cap.
maybe you are looking to hold for just days/weeks to try and make 20% to 50%. high risk and in my opinion not worth it.
P/E 100 to 1? Sounds about right for a dotcom IPO.
The Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: tar , the hare
Old May 8, 2012, 2:32pm   #25

8 Posts
Joined May 2012

mrniceguychris started this thread
Quote:
i'm just looking fora day trrade! just on the opening day and thats it then looking for a good old long sell after that!
mrniceguychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 2:37pm   #26
tar

Joined Nov 2006

Quote:
not worth it.

tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 7:41pm   #27

Joined Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrniceguychris View Post
i'm just looking fora day trrade! just on the opening day and thats it then looking for a good old long sell after that!
I think this is what a lot of people will do come May 18th. It seems a little risky. But the general sentiment about this stock is that it will rise. Why fight that kind of optimism?
Old May 13, 2012, 4:24pm   #28

Joined Mar 2005

EXCLUSIVE: "Oh My God -- We're In Bed With The Vampire Squid!" - Business Insider
Old May 13, 2012, 4:28pm   #29
Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leopard View Post
P/E 100 to 1? Sounds about right for a dotcom IPO.
Or Carpetright.
Ross Spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 5:21pm   #30

Joined Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by themilton View Post
I think this is what a lot of people will do come May 18th. It seems a little risky. But the general sentiment about this stock is that it will rise. Why fight that kind of optimism?
Cannot say anything about Face Book yet sine all will depend on the perception of the trades and the trading volumes that happen on the 18th May
Dominator4fx is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote