facebook IPO 18th May Predictions

This is a discussion on facebook IPO 18th May Predictions within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the T2W Archive category; Originally Posted by barjon I wasn't quarrelling with an unfavourable comparison, merely about needing to see some real earnings. Real ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 29, 2012, 10:43pm   #185

Joined Nov 2006
Re: facebook IPO 18th May Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon View Post
I wasn't quarrelling with an unfavourable comparison, merely about needing to see some real earnings. Real earnings they have, coupled with extraordinary cash flow, minimal debt and a 44% year on year increase in quarterly revenues.

They need to keep up such stellar growth to justify the ipo valuation which may be unlikely but not impossible. We need to wait for some audited accounts for some solid figures - at the moment everywhere you look you find a different set.

Good point add no track record to that list of strikes against FB compared to established and audited businesses.

Not quarrelling either - just that my point is, all these big investment bankers and so called analysts and as you rightly state no consistent assessment or accurate visibility of the business.

Yes I would dispute their real earnings and cash flow too as we need independent review. Tescos and Utilities have better dependable cash flow imho.

What does all this tell Joe Public about the top investment bankers GS and MS???

Learn to deal with it and remember what goes around comes around...

Last edited by Atilla; May 30, 2012 at 7:17am.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2012, 10:50pm   #186
Joined Oct 2011

I would just like to chime in with company's questionable acquisitions such as instagram 1bln, now talk of buying opera.. None of this inspired confidence. It's a bit disgusting and an insight into the contempt wall street holds retail investors with. Facebooks users can and will leave, it's old hat twitter is the new thing but for how long.
eighteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2012, 11:13pm   #187

Joined Nov 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by eighteen View Post
I would just like to chime in with company's questionable acquisitions such as instagram 1bln, now talk of buying opera.. None of this inspired confidence. It's a bit disgusting and an insight into the contempt wall street holds retail investors with. Facebooks users can and will leave, it's old hat twitter is the new thing but for how long.
Absolutely - and to me that smacks of desperation. They need to leverage the business model with something that's going to produce 'synergies' (buzz word they like to use) but I'm thinking horizontal & vertical and nothing jumps at me.

What do spotty teenagers want from FB would be the big ask and how much they are prepared to spend out of their pocket monies?

Dunno - games & zit cream??? No offence Eighteen

Old May 29, 2012, 11:36pm   #188

Joined Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
why 60 ?
Dunno. 3bn and 15x PE is about as far as unrealistic gets in my book.

Looks like Scose be trollin' 'aaaaard tho... as far as some are concerned!
scose-no-doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2012, 8:21am   #189
Joined Jul 2010

Maybe Facebook and LinkedIn could buy each other? The total value of FaceIn or LInkedBook would have to be at least $0 in real terms.
Ross Spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2012, 11:13pm   #190

Joined Nov 2006

Hulbert: Facebook's Stock Should Trade for $13.80 - MarketWatch Video

Old May 31, 2012, 12:46am   #191
Joined Oct 2011

Must add that since I deleted my Facebook the clearasil ad revenue must be down by at least 80% so far the trade looks good with no hint of slowing could see a pullback but a pullback is just another entry point. 13.80 would be nice but once we get to 20 I think the fall will be much slower
eighteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 12:57am   #192
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Good point add no track record to that list of strikes against FB compared to established and audited businesses.

Not quarrelling either - just that my point is, all these big investment bankers and so called analysts and as you rightly state no consistent assessment or accurate visibility of the business.

Yes I would dispute their real earnings and cash flow too as we need independent review. Tescos and Utilities have better dependable cash flow imho.

What does all this tell Joe Public about the top investment bankers GS and MS???

Well it won't tell them anything will it. Joe Public=collection of dimwits who are always the last to know !

It ought to tell them that banks, accountants, salesmen, etc, are only interested in extracting as much money as possible in exchange for worthless crap. A neat trick if you can get away with it, and they usually do !
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote