facebook IPO 18th May Predictions

This is a discussion on facebook IPO 18th May Predictions within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the T2W Archive category; Originally Posted by Dominator4fx Spikes are both unwanted as well as unavoidable. This usually happens as we are not able ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 19, 2012, 4:53pm   #113

Joined Mar 2005
Re: facebook IPO 18th May Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominator4fx View Post
Spikes are both unwanted as well as unavoidable. This usually happens as we are not able to control the order flow into the markets so we need to live with them
youre a vendor with that diatribe? seriously?

"when i wake up in the morning i look forward to a good harty bowl of spikes......." i've learned to live with them, like when i'm on the railways, laying tracks and what do ya know but a pesky train comes through, well, i've learned to live with them and i can't tell you where the trains are going, how many passengers they carry how many cars they have, how many passengers they turned away, what their capacity is or if they have an ala carte menu, but, i can tell you they just happen and personally, bay-nully, i've learned to live with them.......now, would you like to buy something from me....wait......did i say i work with rail, ya know choo choo's .......toot toot.......come back......hey
Old May 19, 2012, 5:06pm   #114

Joined Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joules MM1 View Post
youre a vendor with that diatribe? seriously?

"when i wake up in the morning i look forward to a good harty bowl of spikes......." i've learned to live with them, like when i'm on the railways, laying tracks and what do ya know but a pesky train comes through, well, i've learned to live with them and i can't tell you where the trains are going, how many passengers they carry how many cars they have, how many passengers they turned away, what their capacity is or if they have an ala carte menu, but, i can tell you they just happen and personally, bay-nully, i've learned to live with them.......now, would you like to buy something from me....wait......did i say i work with rail, ya know choo choo's .......toot toot.......come back......hey
Haha good riposte!
rsh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2012, 5:11pm   #115
Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
Spikes are both unwanted as well as unavoidable. This usually happens as we are not able to control the order flow into the markets so we need to live with them
Are you saying that all markets routinely have 5% 1m spikes?
Ross Spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2012, 5:47pm   #116

Joined Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Spur View Post
Are you saying that all markets routinely have 5% 1m spikes?
Spikes do happen mostly due to the facts that big volume orders are hitting the markets.

This may be due to the Profits taking or a news hitting the markets.
Dominator4fx is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2012, 6:22pm   #117

Joined Nov 2010

Quote:
Spikes do happen mostly due to the facts that big volume orders are hitting the markets.

This may be due to the Profits taking or a news hitting the markets.
Spikes are caused by profit taking? Are you sure?
rsh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2012, 6:34pm   #118

Joined Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh01 View Post
Spikes are caused by profit taking? Are you sure?
As i said most of the Spikes are due to a news hitting the markets. Then after that at those levels some traders close and book the profits which causes further spikes.
Dominator4fx is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2012, 11:54pm   #119

Joined Nov 2006

Quote:
As i said most of the Spikes are due to a news hitting the markets. Then after that at those levels some traders close and book the profits which causes further spikes.
Spikes happen in poor markets where there is little or no liquidity with big wide spreads.

One needs to ask who are the market makers sellers and buyers?

What 'new' news is / was there re: FB? I think this is a bit like AOL buying / merging with Warner Brothers and then failing spectacularly. People will talk it up as to how wonderful it all is. Give it 5-10 years and see where FB ends up.

Analysts talk up a lot of hype as that is their business. They know hype. That's what they get paid for.

Learn to deal with it and remember what goes around comes around...
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote