facebook IPO 18th May Predictions

This is a discussion on facebook IPO 18th May Predictions within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by wackypete2 That's what you get with bucketshops and spreadbettors. Peter Is there actually an alternative given that ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 18, 2012, 5:07pm   #85
Joined Jul 2005
Re: facebook IPO 18th May Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackypete2 View Post
That's what you get with bucketshops and spreadbettors.

Peter
Is there actually an alternative given that I want to short the shares? Plus the fact that I'm in the UK and these are US stocks maybe complicates things re using a stockbroker.
Arbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 5:09pm   #86
Joined Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbu View Post
Is there actually an alternative given that I want to short the shares? Plus I'm in the UK and these are US stocks maybe complicates things re using a stockbroker.
Yeah, write it off, sit back and enjoy the lulz
And I'm being quite serious
Liquid validity is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: wackypete2
Old May 18, 2012, 5:10pm   #87

Joined Oct 2006

Ignore, ETX are a good broker! Its purely due to the huge volume at the moment and the automated systems cant handle it. Guy sat next to me cant even get filled on a demo account!! -
ffsear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 5:12pm   #88
tar

Joined Nov 2006

Quote:
Is there actually an alternative given that I want to short the shares? Plus the fact that I'm in the UK and these are US stocks maybe complicates things re using a stockbroker.
Try cityindex , or try binary options with "anyoption" ( dont know if they are trust worthy ) they now have facebook binary options ( intraday , daily , weekly , monthly ) reward 71 risk 85
tar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 5:17pm   #89
Joined Jul 2005

Thanks. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on ETX. It was a blind choice whether I used ETX or City Index - neither is my usual broker. I'll look at anyoption.
Arbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 5:20pm   #90
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
Thanks. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on ETX. It was a blind choice whether I used ETX or City Index - neither is my usual broker. I'll look at anyoption.
There's very little chance of actually shorting the stock. There just isn't any to borrow and most brokers simply won't bother to find any for you on opening day. That's normal for any large IPO.

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 5:25pm   #91
Joined Sep 2008

Well, I'm out. It's a beautiful day here so I'm going to close up shop on this week and go enjoy the rest of today!

Catch everyone next week!

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote