Crude Oil Rogue downwave starts soon

This is a discussion on Crude Oil Rogue downwave starts soon within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; I was long from 108 , but im thinking about shorting this now ...........not sure really, could blow out the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:48pm   #16

Joined Aug 2008
Re: Crude Oil Rogue downwave starts soon

I was long from 108 , but im thinking about shorting this now ...........not sure really, could blow out the trend line just the same ?
Attached Thumbnails
mtfcandle.gif  
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:14pm   #17

Joined Sep 2005

Hey guy, you might want to start reading besides looking at lines on a chart.
The Straight of Hormuz is about to become a battle field, the Iranians are practicing blocking 20% of oil shipping. Both the Americans and the Iranians are drilling military maneuvers.
People a lot smarter than either one of us think the price of Crude could go anywhere between $250-$500 a barrel soon.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:30pm   #18

Joined Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depth Trade View Post
The Straight of Hormuz is about to become a battle field, the Iranians are practicing blocking 20% of oil shipping. Both the Americans and the Iranians are drilling military maneuvers.
People a lot smarter than either one of us think the price of Crude could go anywhere between $250-$500 a barrel soon.
yes I think you are right but you just never know technical or fundamental , that's why I just stick to techs .But yes I still hold a long bias until I get a short signal .
Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:39pm   #19
Joined Nov 2011

deadbroke started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depth Trade View Post

Stated with utmost humility .... the only truth in this game is PRICE. In reality if I were alone, even far from any human contact with just an internet connection and accurate PRICES downloaded to my computer and with NO newspapers, television or contact with experts, non-experts or anybody, I could make a splendid decision of the direction of trade and be correct upwards of 80% of the time

but this is dependent on just one requirement - how good I am at reading the vagaries of PRICE in PRICE's home, the chart. . If I'm good, I live, if bad, I die. In fact, if the latter, DEATH would come swiftly.

That is the bottom-line.
deadbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:47pm   #20
Joined Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by price777999 View Post
yes I think you are right but you just never know technical or fundamental , that's why I just stick to techs .But yes I still hold a long bias until I get a short signal .

With fundamental analysis there is a heck of a lot to consider, I mean there is just too much data to review and stay abreast of - maybe others have the ability to cope with this, I do not.

This stuff with Iran, sure I'm aware of it, who isn't? But I don't know which way it will go and I don't have knowledge of the insider issues that will precipitate such outcomes, so in essence I don't have the truth.

I want just the truth and then I go with it.

PRICE is the only truth I know in markets and PRICE's home is the technical chart, but having the ability to read PRICE is a whole other issue and one that I cannot possibly claim to have, only claim that I would love to have it and will keep trying and trying for there is no other better aspiration - to me anyways.

Thanks! The following members like this post: price777999
Old Jan 9, 2012, 4:32pm   #21
Joined Nov 2011

deadbroke started this thread 4H update, no change in position
Attached Thumbnails
crude-oil-4h.jpg  
Old Jan 11, 2012, 9:03pm   #22
Joined Nov 2011

deadbroke started this thread Crude 4H, no change in stance, just waiting
Attached Thumbnails
crude-oil-4h.jpg  
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:48pm   #23
Joined Nov 2011

deadbroke started this thread When the 1st trendline broke we had something and its still resistance, but now a support has shown up, so when the trendline support caves in its over for Crude.
Attached Thumbnails
crude-oil-4h.jpg  
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:49pm   #24

Joined Oct 2008

your account must be a sea of red

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:56pm   #25
Joined Aug 2008

cant see any real technical signs that crude is going to make a move in either direction at the mo. an easy stand aside for me. If we could get a close below $100 that would be interesting though that would be a game changer.
MajorDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:14pm   #26
Joined Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Rothschild View Post
your account must be a sea of red

True, true, true but I fight at the actual front lines, not from an armchair.

Given that 97% of traders lose and lose consistently (that figure is 100% at Elitetrader, at T2W it is yet to be determined), a sea of red is a given and an occupational hazard.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:16pm   #27

Joined Oct 2008

nice call on crude, i would say you are in for some more pain on the dow before things go your way

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:25pm   #28
Joined Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbroke View Post
When the 1st trendline broke we had something and its still resistance, but now a support has shown up, so when the trendline support caves in its over for Crude.
Stay alert
Attached Thumbnails
crude-oil-4h.jpg  
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:35pm   #29
Joined Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Rothschild View Post
nice call on crude, i would say you are in for some more pain on the dow before things go your way

I've been in pain on the Dow since a little bit after Dec 20. The pain continues.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:45pm   #30

Joined Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbroke View Post
True, true, true but I fight at the actual front lines, not from an armchair.

Given that 97% of traders lose and lose consistently (that figure is 100% at Elitetrader, at T2W it is yet to be determined), a sea of red is a given and an occupational hazard.
I feel like i'm in good company. Good luck fellow comrades.
Masquerade is offline   Reply With Quote