GFT....Any good?

This is a discussion on GFT....Any good? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Now able to access the site. Received an email from GFT customer service to say they "experienced a short service ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 27, 2012, 5:51pm   #31

7 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
Re: GFT....Any good?

Now able to access the site.

Received an email from GFT customer service to say they "experienced a short service interruption with the website earlier today but this is now rectified".

Does this sort of service interruption happen frequently?
Pachira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:24pm   #32

Joined Nov 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flasheart View Post
Lol, no idea,but I would certainly ask for something
Hate it when GFT ring you up having downloaded software - one suspects they are trying the pressure sell. But then - I am a cynic
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:47pm   #33

Joined Jan 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachira View Post
Now able to access the site.

Received an email from GFT customer service to say they "experienced a short service interruption with the website earlier today but this is now rectified".

Does this sort of service interruption happen frequently?
not in the 3 months ive been with them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CnAsdQiGzs
Lord Flasheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:48pm   #34

Joined Jan 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil View Post
Hate it when GFT ring you up having downloaded software - one suspects they are trying the pressure sell. But then - I am a cynic
they all so that,FXCM houd you once youve got a demo account

Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:22pm   #35

Joined Nov 2003

I had a problem with GFT recently which lead me to close my account. They filled my orders differently to other clients.
The strat i was using was very agressive, a stop entry with a contingent stop placed as close asp to the entry. One morning i started to experience consistant slippage rather than just the odd one or two so phoned to enquire what was happening. I was told that the slippage was as per tick (which i do agree with) but they denied that anything had changed or that i was being singled out for special attention (which i thought was BS and the point i had issue with).

Anyways, with the help of a member of T2W we proved that i was being treated differently (we put in the exact same orders at the same prices / same times). Mine were slipped and theirs were not. I phoned back and talked to a back office manager. He looked throgh trades and said that i was very agressive (which i was), that i was scalping (which i wasnt), that i was trading latency (which i wasnt if take it to mean trading a lagging or frozen price). The conversation got heated when i explained id got someone to mirror orders and we were filled at different levels!

The way i see it is this, you are one of three types of client:
1) one that loses consistantly.
2) one that wins but can be hedged.
3) one that wins but cant be hedged. (this would describe my trading with GFT at that time)
1 and 2 are fine, 3 is a problem. Id see like this if i were running the outfit.
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason so few engage in it
“There is no man living who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can do
“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning
Henry Ford
darktone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:17pm   #36
Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktone View Post
I had a problem with GFT recently which lead me to close my account. They filled my orders differently to other clients.
The strat i was using was very agressive, a stop entry with a contingent stop placed as close asp to the entry. One morning i started to experience consistant slippage rather than just the odd one or two so phoned to enquire what was happening. I was told that the slippage was as per tick (which i do agree with) but they denied that anything had changed or that i was being singled out for special attention (which i thought was BS and the point i had issue with).

Anyways, with the help of a member of T2W we proved that i was being treated differently (we put in the exact same orders at the same prices / same times). Mine were slipped and theirs were not. I phoned back and talked to a back office manager. He looked throgh trades and said that i was very agressive (which i was), that i was scalping (which i wasnt), that i was trading latency (which i wasnt if take it to mean trading a lagging or frozen price). The conversation got heated when i explained id got someone to mirror orders and we were filled at different levels!

The way i see it is this, you are one of three types of client:
1) one that loses consistantly.
2) one that wins but can be hedged.
3) one that wins but cant be hedged. (this would describe my trading with GFT at that time)
1 and 2 are fine, 3 is a problem. Id see like this if i were running the outfit.

Make a complaint through the FSO and have the satisfaction of knowing it will cost them money, which might make them act more fairly in future. They wouldn't want to 'do an FXCM'.
Ross Spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:49pm   #37

Joined Jan 2004

Theres many ways of looking at things. I can confirm that what Darktone is saying is true, although I just dont understand why they did that and their answers.It just didnt make sense, from what I think he is volume is not enough for them to worry overly about,so why do what they did? Is it possibly something to do with the software? That being said Ive had accounts will most firms and so far GFT and intertrader are by far ahead on overall performance,although there is one very clear point made by darktone, They could lay off all my trades if they wanted to. Seeing what governing bodies says is worth looking at as would be the rules that regulate these type of bets. If they clearly give a different price to one trader from another taking the same trade then questions have to be asked.

Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:57pm   #38
tar

Joined Nov 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flasheart View Post
Moonrocket

Cant believe you didnt let me get a commission for you joining. Ive been with them a while as I've said earlier,they are miles ahead of IG and Fxcm in many ways
Strange how people can have different experiences ,i tried all 3 and i would be shy if i compared GFT to IG and Fxcm , GFT is way behind , however i didn't use GFT for sometime now don't know if they've improved , but i don't like IG's new charts as well .
tar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 9:01pm   #39
tar

Joined Nov 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Spur View Post
Make a complaint through the FSO and have the satisfaction of knowing it will cost them money, which might make them act more fairly in future. They wouldn't want to 'do an FXCM'.
UK regulators sucks ...
tar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 9:04pm   #40

Joined Jan 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
Strange how people can have different experiences ,i tried all 3 and i would be shy if i compared GFT to IG and Fxcm , GFT is way behind , however i didn't use GFT for sometime now don't know if they've improved , but i don't like IG's new charts as well .
sure. I was comparing prices,executions and fills etc. I have a separate data feed so never looked at their charting package