Independent Review of WallStreet1928

This is a discussion on Independent Review of WallStreet1928 within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by MajorDutch remember no spreads have been included , there have been 17 winning trades so even taking ...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 2, 2011, 12:49am   #353

Joined Nov 2007
Re: Independent Review of WallStreet1928

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorDutch View Post
remember no spreads have been included, there have been 17 winning trades so even taking into account a typical spread he is still doing good imo.
Why not? Is he and his followers special that they can trade without a spread?
Old Dec 2, 2011, 12:56am   #354

Joined Oct 2010

Quote:
ok everyone I have attached the updated spreadsheet of this weeks trades. so we are at 68% win rate with a net pip total of +222.66 for the week. seems the old chap is not doing to badly on the assumptions I am making the biggest of which is running the trades until original SL or Target 1 is hit.

remember no spreads have been included, there have been 17 winning trades so even taking into account a typical spread he is still doing good imo.
So including spreads (as everyone has to pay them) your total is around +200 pips so far and WallStreet says he's up +455 pips and Shakone has +52.5 pips. Is that correct?

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill – Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 1:03am   #355
Joined Aug 2008

MajorDutch started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerade View Post
Why not? Is he and his followers special that they can trade without a spread?
there is no need for that tone Masquerade. I agree that some spread should be included but how do you go about it. For example if you widen the target or stop out to include a spread how does this effect the results, then there are decision about what spreads are reasonable. A whole new set of variables are added in so i didn't include them to keep things simple. spreads are about 1 point on most of the instruments but can be as high as 6 pips out of hours on igindex. Personally I wouldn't take a trade with anything over 2 point spread on these instruments. Even if use an AVERAGE spread of 2 points which I think is way over the top 17 trades you are looking at taking 34 pips off the net pip score so still a healthy +188 on the week.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 1:07am   #356
Joined Aug 2008

MajorDutch started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by isatrader View Post
So including spreads (as everyone has to pay them) your total is around +200 pips so far and WallStreet says he's up +455 pips and Shakone has +52.5 pips. Is that correct?
yes however we are testing different things:

Shakone is testing restricted hours I am testing all trades but I am not using any averaging in or partial positions just running each trade from it's original SL to target 1 from the price quoted on IG at time of alert. So it is no wonder we are all getting different pip scores.

PS - I am not testing averaging in or partial positions/runners as I don't believe they can be tested very easily or transparently.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 1:16am   #357

Joined Oct 2010

Quote:
yes however we are testing different things:

Shakone is testing restricted hours I am testing all trades but I am not using any averaging in or partial positions just running each trade from it's original SL to target 1 from the price quoted on IG at time of alert. So it is no wonder we are all getting different pip scores.

PS - I am not testing averaging in or partial positions/runners as I don't believe they can be tested very easily or transparently.
Fair point, there's just a very big difference between your results and his -267 pips. So for example Wallstreet might finish the week up +250 for example, but if he has a losing day tomorrow then you'd likely end up negative for the week if you see what I mean as your slippage from his calls is 267 pips so far. So you're dropping around 10 points per trade.

Slippage and spreads are so important to minimise. Especially in day trading

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill – Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

Last edited by isatrader; Dec 2, 2011 at 1:23am.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 1:20am   #358

Joined Nov 2007

Quote:
there is no need for that tone Masquerade. I agree that some spread should be included but how do you go about it.
Either ask him what brokers/platforms he's using or alternatively use the spread betting company a lot of his followers will use (because frankly they're not going to get an IB account) and use IG spreads.

Bottom line: you have to include spread.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 1:44am   #359

Joined Feb 2009

Have posted about MajorDutch's results in the other thread. Some of the differences I don't agree with, because of the way he has traded the signals. That's not to put any accusation against MajorDutch's honesty, I just dont' think they accurately reflect the emails. MajorDutch is choosing to trade them a particular way which differs from what is emailed. Obviously it includes out of hours trading and trades before I started analysing which I can't comment on.

I think spread is very important to include. On one trade I remember, IG Index had a spread of 6 points because it was out of hours. For many of WS trades spread is typically between 1 and 3 pips. Eurusd I can get 1 most of the time, but not on eurjpy for example. including the spread becomes a bigger issue when trades are only just filled or targets only just hit. With spread they might not be of course.

Last edited by Shakone; Dec 2, 2011 at 2:00am.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 2:09am   #360
Joined Feb 2011

Quote:

In summary I think the only way that we can reach any conclusion is the following:

*WS1928 to give entry, SL, TP
*No averaging in
*No partial positions
*fixed % of SL & TP per trade
I agree 100% with this. And he should post them all here LIVE, so we can see the time stamps
Closed Thread